Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Me! I will save Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's July, where's my christmas

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I'm here and ready to find some scum...

Ok, I'm going to bed.

##vote Mithross i'll help you out~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Fair warning, tomorrow is my birthday, the 4th of July, and I got called into work 3 hours early. Do not expect me to be around.

One of my best bud's birthdays is tomorrow too! But he did not get called in to work.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Please give it time, I'm out of town visiting family. I'll be back home this afternoon, but it's just been a busy extended weekend, at least for me.

Man I hate to always have a hardon for GG but this is such an unwarranted worry post. There's clearly nothing going on because of the holiday, and there are so many questionable lurker callout posts, but this is way worse. Why are you so concerned about people waiting for you? Did anyone even mention your name up until that point?

It's disguised as "well, people have been busy, look at how i've been busy!" when really it's "i'm coming hold on don't cuddle me." All you needed to say was "It's a holiday, calm down." Why all the other "please don't cuddle me" crap?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Amnistar and AnonNarc both only have two posts

just sayin' bros

This is weird. Up to this point the thread was literally Wafflechat. Why call people out? Why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I'd be fine with voting out lurkers tbh. It's been a very uneventful d1 and people who come in and say 'just kidding guys I'm just SO busy' aren't gonna cut it IMO.

This is also totally garbage, why are we advocating any kind of policy cuddle at all. It's lazy. LAZY.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Real talk, with 3.5 days gone and the vast majority of the game at 5 or less posts (1, at least, would have been prior to game start), you can say the majority of this game is lurking. There's one person with double digit posts and a only a second that is ahead of mod in post count. Holiday weekend and all so you can give or not give as much leeway with that as you want, but we've all contributed to how slow this game has been.

This is ironic considering he calls out votefinder for posting a summary post that says nothing. This is white noise at its finest.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

This is why I should learn to preview posts before submitting I suppose. Thanks GG, this means we shouldn't vote you to spur you to posting as you'll be back later today before deadline. Which also brings up the other thing I forgot to do:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

Get in here and post!

I don't get this post, why are you specifically demanding AN come in and post as opposed to everyone else currently absent in this game? Did I miss something?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Meh. At the time it was suggested there was no content to go on yet. And look, it generated some content.

Why are you defending chaoslord for that post?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Well we haven't had many people stirring the pot today. It's not just you, but you calling out laziness in a thread where you have 7 posts is not a ton of fun.

I'm calling out people who are seemingly pretending to generate content while in actuality seem to be testing the waters to see what sticks. I am entirely baffled that anyone has posted anything beyond "let's get some content going, the weekend was long." Calling out specific people for not posting when 2/3rds of the thread has not been here is not fun, you are right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

he is not talking about chaoslord. he is talking about me.

You're right, misread my own quote.

Why are you defending BottleKnight for that post?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am here as well. Have a final interview with Waffle House today! If they put me up full time, I can get my new job and put in my two weeks for my old job at the same time.

I'm okay with a lurker lynch. Otherwise we're basically just stabbing randomly anyways.

PM, why are you excusing this laziness as acceptable.

What is going on in this game, I am literally :psyduck:ing right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

The post I responded to did not in any way refer to or involve chaoslord.

Please elaborate.

Wrong person, see my edit. My bad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

So I've been distracted with a lot of world of warships, and I haven't been paying attention. I'm assuming nothing's actually happened yet?

Lynching a lurker sounds... ok, I guess. At least, that's what the MAFIA WOULD WANT as its an easy kill!

##Vote: Kleedrac

This is a dumb joke but I don't believe it is a scummy joke.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Welcome back to the thread AN
##Unvote

I really dislike this "Kleedrac deigns who is worthy of voting based on if they're here or not" junk. Why is this your tact, Kleedrac?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Someone is going to make the third vote scum vote post or whatever, let me nip that in the bud, I was typing up the post before I saw BK vote.

GG you are far more concerned about how you are looking in this thread than you were from our last game together. What gives.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

Well that was a fast bandwagon. Now I'm not sure if my vote was right, or just mafia trying to make me out to be a bad guy. At least my vote accomplished something!

Yeah, I don't want to vote Hazdoc today, I'm not feeling it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

You just said something entirely different from what I said and then said you agreed with me?

For the record, I am not calling you scummy, I am saying that you are being confusing and kind of frantic.

I'm being frantic because I'm trying to get all my thoughts down and the questions I have answered before I have to start teaching in 30 minutes because I won't be able to check in and want to feel comfortable with a vote before then.

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I find it odd that you are attacking people for those posts in a weird and rapid fire fashion after having been absent from the thread and not generating content yourself. Is this some kind of performance piece? You say what they did wasn't content, but you yourself didn't provide any either. :shrug:

You should know this is how I play, I come in and stream of consciousness my thoughts and drop a lot of questions. Remember DBZ Kai? I was wrong a lot but this is what I do.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

These are the things that I'm pondering:

1. There being no content is not surprising at all, and people being sad there is no content with a deadline looming is also not odd, but the amount of discussion on lurker lynches being a viable option right now is absolutely mind boggling. Town mindset is not "well we'll just cuddle someone I guess" it's "let's get some poo poo going!" There's a whole lot I've quoted that doesn't jive with that mindset, and far too much shrug-placency while feigning frustration at the lack of content.

2. I still don't like GG's weird self-consciousness at this point and would like an answer to why he is doing that, as I have asked.

3. BottleKnight I'm giving you a pass because the last time I was really certain you were scum I was 100% wrong and you are playing the same. But I don't understand some of what you are doing.

4. Kleedrac I don't understand that random AN lurker callout when most of the thread wasn't here and I would like to know why that was the direction you went, especially since you've been trying really hard to drive the narrative from what I can see. You should know better than that, so what gives?

5. Everything else I've mentioned I just am having a hard time wrapping my head around the "and why was this posted" aspect.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Votefinder had posted, we had 0 discussion so far, I wanted to get something going. I mean, it's a holiday weekend, nobody's gonna post.

You may notice we're much more active now though!

I don't believe you, because you have commented on absolutely nothing other than the Kleedrac/LotR exchange. Please give me your thoughts on basically anything because you are also doing that "driving the narrative" thing that Kleedrac is doing, but in a more "disengaged from everything while prodding stuff" sense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Kleedrac I'm gonna try to check in as much as I can in the next 2 hours.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Quidnose: This is scummy coming from you as you should know what I'm trying to do - I was vote-prodding someone. I wasn't voting someone and walking away - that I could see how it may look scummy. But I was involved - I've been around most of today - and I was prodding AN to post - once AN had posted I removed the prod as it wasn't necessary and Amni had posted in the interim. You're actively trying to blow this out of proportion and given that I'm currently tied for vote leader it looks a bit suspicious.

I still don't understand why you dropped a vote on AN over literally anyone else who wasn't around. Can you explain why you specifically called him out? You literally do not mention him at all before you drop a vote on him. Why him?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

To answer GG:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Please give it time, I'm out of town visiting family. I'll be back home this afternoon, but it's just been a busy extended weekend, at least for me.

You're super concerned here that people will vote you as a lurker when you have no heat on yourself. Why?

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yes and no, I'm sure other lurkers will spill in. I will be here before and at deadline.

Once again you REALLY want people to know that you are going to contribute.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I will be here and voting before deadline for sure.

...and you repeat that statement.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Someone is going to make the third vote scum vote post or whatever, let me nip that in the bud, I was typing up the post before I saw BK vote.

And finally here you're concerned enough that you're going to look bad for this vote that you make sure to nip in the bud anyone potentially calling you scum. That's weird. I've not seen you do this before. Why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

I was trying to vote-prod? The two lowest content posters in the game were AN and Amnistar - it was a toss of a coin to be honest I remembered being harsh on Amni in ST;TNG and figured I'd go the other way and why are you still on this?! I was calling out lurkers and unless you have some knowledge I don't about alignment I picked one at random so what does it matter?

Because you literally never say that is what you are doing. Your vote comes out of absolutely nowhere.

Kleedrac posted:

I'm around today - I read the thread yesterday and there's no content yet - like all of it was jokes and nothing felt scummy, forced, or edited so I just kinda left the tab. Sadly with 3.5 days played so much of that was holidays and as I was just discussing with a friend a single holiday tends to tank productivity on either side of it, not that work trends should have bearing on a game like this.

@BK: Of all the players in this game do any have a known meta for lurking as scum day one?

@GG Same question BK posed: are you asking to be ignored until day 2 or will you be back sometime before the deadline this evening?

@Epsilon Which of those two would be more likely lurking scum? If that question isn't helpful which player will be less likely to post a storm on day 2?

@Everyone What questions would you have for me?

Kleedrac posted:

This is why I should learn to preview posts before submitting I suppose. Thanks GG, this means we shouldn't vote you to spur you to posting as you'll be back later today before deadline. Which also brings up the other thing I forgot to do:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

Get in here and post!

Your thought process is not clear at all, yo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Definitely don't like GG's highly antagonistic tone. Also different from his frustration when I was scum. Seems way more forced.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

He does defend your vote on Kleedrac and then starts on Kleedrac pretty hard himself even though he called your vote dumb. It's possible.

This is completely false. I don't defend his vote at all, I said that as a joke vote, I don't find it scummily motivated. I start on Kleedrac becasue I find his content scummy, not because the vote was good. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

##vote GG This doesn't look like your town play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

We have 51 minutes, who is here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

I really am liking all this discussion now. This is the point in time where calling out lurkers is appropriate, not before, just fyi. Amongst the posters, nobody seems to be giving me a scum feel enough for me to condemn them.

##Unvote

It'd leave a bad taste in my mouth to lynch somebody who'd been active at this point in the game. Killing off the people who are posting isn't fun, much less smart.

I don't like this post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

That's my point. You call his vote dumb and then start on Klee yourself. Say you're correct and your not defending his vote, you still try to give him town credibility while targeting who he voted, dismissing his vote. It's a strange thing to do.

You don't seem to be understanding me and I'm not sure why.

KB says here that he thinks Haz's jokevote is scummy enough to vote him. BottleKnight agrees and votes Haz as well. So of course, in my reread, I took a look at that vote. I said I thought it was a stupid vote but that I didn't find it a scummy vote. That has nothing to do with Kleedrac; it has everything to do with me not finding Haz scummy for voting Kleedrac.

My analysis of Kleedrac's content is completely separate from Haz voting him and I don't know why you are insisting on tying the two together to make your point and discredit me. Can you explain why you think the two are related?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

For LutR and posterity:

Votecount for Day 1

Hazdoc (2): Ghastly Gangsta, Kleedrac
Epsilon Plus (2): Look Under The Rock, AnonymousNarcotics
Ghastly Gangsta (2): BottleKnight, Quidnose
Kleedrac (2): chaoslord, Epsilon Plus

Not Voting (7): Amnistar, bowmore, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Mithross, MMM Whatchya Say, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 45 minutes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

Do you think I'm a scum team with Quidnose? Do you have anything to say about anything other than that post?

Why do you keep trying to connect me to you, and why do you keep insinuating you are sure I am scum when you haven't cased me at all?

That alone is making me weirded out, it seems like scum who knows they are caught trying to set up for a miscuddle after their flip.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do we even have enough people here for a cuddle?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

somebody give me the sloppiest cliff notes available

This is of course through the lens of my bias.

A whole bunch of people called out the fact that people were lurking over the holiday weekend and demanding that people make content and discussing the merits of a lurker cuddle.

Kleedrac dropped a vote on one of the two lurkers in the thread but didn't actually say that he was doing that, but I guess that was what he was doing in trying to create some content.

Hazdoc came in with a jokevote that some people took issue with. KB, Bottle, and GG all voted him. GG made a "people are going to call me the scummy third vote but I didn't see Bottle's post guys!" post immediately after his vote.

I came in and asked a whole bunch of questions and was confused as to why everyone was demanding a lurker vote. I took issue with GG being weirdly self conscious and also with Kleedrac trying to mafia dad everything.

Haz then started acting really weird and lots of people think he's being strangely defensive now.

Did I miss anything?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Look Under The Rock posted:

"You are the scummiest player in the thread, but if you flip town, based on your interactions with this player, I think they would probably flip scum"

I don't like this!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

tell the nerds who are voting me for asking you who is scum to get dumpstered, please
also everyone is voting for me because I made a joke post and called it a joke post and somehow that isn't good enough, despite there being a page about loving WAFFLES, and then I asked you a question (like I have been asking to many posters in topic), but that's also scummy

tl:dr its complicated

This isn't true, people are now voting you because you are imploding strangely.

##vote Hazdoc such as me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't think we're gonna pull this off though because there are not enough people around :\

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am calling out Amnistar, bowmore, Mithross, and Poison Mushroom for being here earlier to comment on crap but not being around to vote at deadline.

Also Hazdoc, why are you not voting anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc, who are your scumpicks?

• Locked thread