Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

quote:

Someone's in love with you and has told you about their feelings. Gain 2 Strings on them.

There's this girl, Margot. Some guys were bothering her, nagging her about telling her fortune. Not sure if they were serious or if they were just bullying her. Anyway, I chased them off for her. Got enough of a reputation I didn't even have to knock heads, alright. She asked me whether I wanted to get my future told.

Thought about it for a second. I mean, it's a real thing, innit? But I told her to leave it. Gotta leave some surprises. I think she liked that. Said I might bring change in Hogwarts. Not a prophecy she said, just her take on me. I said that's a good thing, because there's plenty of shite that could use changing. Spent some time talking about Mugg.... normal stuff from back home.

She told me she likes me. Which eh... I'm not sure what to do with that. I'm not planning to stick around in Wizard World after graduation. I'm going back to South-East London, taking care of my mum. And I get this werid feeling like she's of two minds of the whole thing.

Does this sound ok to you LifeGetsWorser?

quote:

Someone is thinking about taking something from you - discuss with them and decide what it is. You each get a String on one another.

So yeah. I'm sure someone's planning to take my good times at football away from me because I'm threatening their posh sport. I know Cana has been keeping an eye on me.

quote:

_________ and I stumbled across / were involved in something dangerous one day - but made it out ok. Describe what happened and take a string on one another.

"Alright. So, remember two years ago. When everyone got really lovely and depressed? Dementor in Hogwats. Yeah, again. I was just getting lost again, when I heard sobbing. I don't stand for that, innit? So I go find it, and there's this Hufflepuff Senna girl, leaning over some other unconscious Hufflepuff girl. Big shade looming over her. Weird thing, it seemed to try to want to get closer to the unconscious girl, but couldn't quite make it. Now, seein' girls getting messed with like that, just sets me off, right? So I fuckin' spell I could remember at it, and it's just coming at me. So then, I just got loving pissed and took a swing at it. Weird thing is I loving hurt it too. Thing looked as surprised as me. So it grabbed me, and I grabbed it, and I'm shouting curses that ain't got nothin' to do with dark magic, right? But it's not feeling good.

Then the girl just stands next to me says I shouldn't do things in anger. Can you believe that poo poo? But then, I figured anger never feels good for me. So I just took a breath and calmed down. And suddenly, the Dementor wasn't doing jack poo poo except writhe in my grip. Though I think the Senna girl got somewhat to do with it too. Headmistress McGonagall herself showed up. Senna girl seemed to want to avoid any attention, and I don't wanna snitch, so when she didn't really go into detail about the 'she kept the Dementor of the other girl for a bit', I didn't clarify. Headmistress pretty curious about me. Asked me to keep mum about the whole thing. Which I did. Gryffindor got a shiteton of points for it though."

pre:

|<Door                         [Prof Legate]                           Windows>|
|                                                                              |
|  [Rupinder][Glenda]   [Senna]             [Chelsea]  [ Angela ]  [Lizbeth]   |
|  [Althea]  [Byron ]   [ Gwen]             [Chaucer]  [ Erhard ]  [       ]   |
|  [Britt.]  [ Cana ]   [Lessy]  [  Mags ]  [Analia ]  [Victoria]  [       ]   |
|  [Melanie] [ Lee  ]   [ Erin]  [Valerie]  [Gillian]  [Zachary ]  [Harriet]   |
|                                                                              |
|                             [Practice Area]                                  |
|______________________________________________________________________________|
Analia Sableheart is a Gryffindor. She doesn't exactly have a good time, because her family had a shiteton of Death-Eaters, so she's getting a lot of dirty looks from folks, but her mother and her broke with all the pure-blood poo poo, and denounces 'her old side' perhaps harder than some, so not exactly making friends with the likes of the Horsemen. She's really nice in general, really nice to me. But it's one of her family which attacked my mother

Rupinder is a Ravenclaw. She's a pa... her parents are from Pakistan, and she's muggleborn like me. And like me, she's not too keen in giving up all she knows to become jsut like all the other witches and wizards here.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Working on gamethread for reals, will be up in (I'd guess) two hours or so.

NPC List.
Stings Sheet.

pre:

|<Door                         [Prof Legate]                           Windows>|
|  [Rupinder][Glenda]   [Senna]             [Chelsea]  [ Angela ]  [Lizbeth]   |
|  [Althea]  [Byron ]   [ Gwen]             [Chaucer]  [ Erhard ]  [Devon  ]   |
|  [Britt.]  [ Cana ]   [Lessy]  [  Mags ]  [Analia ]  [Victoria]  [Eustace]   |
|  [Melanie] [ Lee  ]   [ Erin]  [Valerie]  [Gillian]  [Zachary ]  [Harriet]   |
|                             [Practice Area]                                  |
|______________________________________________________________________________|
Eustace Black the Slytherin and Devon Meeks the Gryffindor have been added to the expansive class as well.

As for highlights, I'm a fan of the "everyone gets to highlight one other person" method. Some wonkiness involved, but with eight PCs that's bound to happen. Anyways, do assignments either in here, or with your first post in the gamethread.

Senna highlights for Cana
Cana highlights for Gwen
Gwen highlights for Zach
Zach highlights for Valerie
Valerie highlights for Lee
Lee highlights for the Mags
Mags highlights for Erhard
Erhard highlights for Senna

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Valerie is a really cold blooded girl I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of her.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I heard several girls going to class complaining that Senna was hot.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

There's something about Lee that sets me off. I'm not saying he's hot, but...

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Gamethread has been posted.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Gwen highlight Volatile

Its DADA lets hex some fools

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Something something Erhard about Forgiveness

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Margot is looking pretty hot today.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Cana better not give me the Cold shoulder this weekend.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Won't be posting until Kitty posts so we don't leave her too far behind.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

phoneposting, Zachary can highlight dark, because something.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

MC Highlights

Cana highlight Volatile.
Lee highlight Dark.
Mags highlight Cold.
Erhard highlight Hot.
Valerie highlight Dark.
Gwen highlight Hot.
Senna highlight Cold.
Zach highlight Hot.

If you've already rolled it, mark XP for it.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 15, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

New prompts coming later today.

RWT - Are you still interested in playing? Please let me know if something has come up. I'll add a prompt for you this scene if you'd like, if you're bowing out I understand as well.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

We'll be doing highlights every 3 scenes, which is also how long I'm defining a session to be. Just realized I hadn't announced this anywhere, even if it was pretty obvious already.

Secondly - if you're writing a post that extensively involves an NPC, I'm quite willing to provide dialogue for them if you want me to. Just message me on IRC and let me know what's up.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Prompts coming tomorrow, too tired to finish them this evening.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Taking Uncontainable as my first advance.
When you attempt to escape any form of physical entrapment, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, you escape.
On a 7-9 the MC will offer you a hard bargain: agree if you want to escape.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

For Valerie's advance, I'll take the Wyrm move Broker.

You're attuned to how people value and weaken one another.Whenever you gain a String on someone with any Conditions named in a Skin move, such as blamed, one of them, morbid, dazed, snake food, like a sister to me, like a brother to me, moth to the flame, [outclassed or doomed], mark down 2 Strings on that person instead of 1.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 30, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry about the delay in prompts everyone, spent the night in a war with computer problems I eventually lost.

Will have a post up within the next twenty four hours.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Session 2 Highlights

Gwen highlight Cana.
Cana highlight Senna.
Senna highlight Jacob.
Jacob highlight Mags.
Mags highlight Lee.
Lee highlight Erhard.
Erhard highlight Valerie.
Valerie highlight Zach.
Zach highlight Gwen.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I hope Senna is ready for a very lovely Hot date with Cana in which nothing at all will go wrong.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Valerie's betrayal was cold as ice.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Zach must be more Cold-blooded than he lets on.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Erhard Lee thinks you should be more active, more volatile

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Most humans are rather baffling to Zach. But Gwen is particularly Dark and mysterious.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Let's hope Jacob doesn't get Cold feet.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Yeah, I know, big surprise and all, but I still think Mags is super hot.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Lee, I kind of messed things up didn't I? I hope the situation isn't too Volatile.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cana is Cold.

Edit: I also raised Gwen's Cold.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 22, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Session 2 MC Highlights

Gwen highlight Hot.
Cana highlight Volatile.
Senna highlight Dark.
Jacob highlight Hot.
Mags highlight Cold.
Lee highlight Cold.
Erhard highlight Hot.
Valerie highlight Dark.
Zach highlight Hot.

Prompts coming later tonight (tomorrow morning for many of you).

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Posting prompts in about 15 hours - those of you that haven't posted yet are encouraged to do so :).

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Prompting in eighteen hours or so, get any last minute posts in before then.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Updating in less than 24 hours, so get posts in soon if you feel the need.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Somebody else please post in this thread to break up the parade of Magus avatars it has going on.

Working on prompts now, should have them finished either late tonight or while I'm at work tomorrow. Will probably be moving everyone to next scene + advancing the time of day.

RWT - If / when you desire to return, awesome, I'm saving a spot for Val. As for now, she and her horsemen are galloping around in the backgrounds of scenes.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Val and Erhard are an ITEM. Just saying, behind the scenes... :quagmire: Only if you think that is cool RWT :ohdear:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Senna leveled up and I'm taking A Blank Canvas from the Hollow skin

When you take an action that
embodies one of the Conditions that
you have, and you allow that Condition
to influence your sense of self, cross it
off and add 1 to your roll.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Posting prompts for everyone later today, sorry about the lengthy wait. Val is getting a prompt as well, since I believe it's Rather Watch Them is intent on resuming playing.

EDIT: Had friends come into town early and my posting schedule got thrown off. Updating this asap, sorry for the wait.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 24, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

#Potterhearts is now a thing.

<Ferrosol> should probably change that note to potterhearts with a capital P
<Rauri> k did

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 17, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Posting prompts within twenty four hours - I have been a lazy rear end but am going to do it or you can all bug me forever for having failed to do so in IRC.

EDIT: An unexpected amount of family drama caused me to fail this self-imposed challenge. I urge all of you to harass me in IRC until I've posted these prompts though - they're partially done.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry to do this everyone, but it's probably pretty obvious that I'm not updating this game anymore. Thanks everyone for playing, hope you had fun while the game was active, and look forward to being in future games with all of you.

• Locked thread