Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Zetsu visited Goo and Gulag

I gotta be honest, at this point I don't know what is going on. Kudos to JK for putting together the most confusing/frustrating game I've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's obvious. goo is the bad man.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I have a post coming, but I started writing it and realized something, so I'm going to do this first:

##unvote

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

it's obvious. goo is the bad man.

No, I'm not. Either someone visited Roy (other than Exakt), and failed to kill him, or I'm being framed (either directly or indirectly) by Gulag.

Look, we don't know how many scum are left. I see 3 possibilities:

1) Gulag is the only scum. By roleblocking me and no-killing, he frames me and gets an easy lynch. However, this plan will backfire spectacularly when I flip town, and gulag would realize this. This is unlikely.

2a) There is a single scum that is not Gulag. Since, according the logic that has occurred so far, I am the most likely to be scum (I assure you I'm not, but keep reading), the scum expected Gulag to block me. By no-killing, he frames me rather spectacularly, and also frames Gulag once I'm lynched when I flip town. By getting two lynches, plus two kills, he wins.

2b) There is a single scum that is not Gulag, and he tried to kill Roy. Exakt saved him. This means that the scum is one of (if Gulag isn't lying about his visits [I can only verify one of them, you jerk]) Carpet or Zets.

3) There are two scum remaining and Zets and Gulag have been putting us on for a while.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

While 3 is terrifying (and unlikely, given the PGO in this setup), I'm willing to bet on 2a.

Which makes Gulag a really annoying town, and makes Carpet, Exakt, Roy, and Zets suspects.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Assuming 2a is the true world, based on GG's results, I'm willing to bet Zetsubou is the scum. ##vote Zets

Did anyone track Pinterest the night Zets was blocked?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

While 3 is terrifying (and unlikely, given the PGO in this setup), I'm willing to bet on 2a.

Which makes Gulag a really annoying town, and makes Carpet, Exakt, Roy, and Zets suspects.

so i both saved and killed roy? spooky

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Assuming 2a is the true world, based on GG's results, I'm willing to bet Zetsubou is the scum. ##vote Zets

Did anyone track Pinterest the night Zets was blocked?

pin had been lynched

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

pin had been lynched

... this makes world 3 all the more likely.

EXAKT Science posted:

so i both saved and killed roy? spooky

You could have chosen to no-kill. If you are the scum (I don't think you are), that puts us in 2a. You are not scum in 2b.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its impossible for zetsu to be scum, unless we started with 4 scum, which we definitely did not

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

its impossible for zetsu to be scum, unless we started with 4 scum, which we definitely did not

How do you know that?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

4 scum, one of whom is a pgo, versus 9 townies?? ummm

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

4 scum, one of whom is a pgo, versus 9 townies?? ummm

Remember, I'm new here, and based on how crazy-rear end this setup is, are you willing to rule that out?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Remember, I'm new here, and based on how crazy-rear end this setup is, are you willing to rule that out?

If roleblocking prevents scum from killing, then Zetsu cannot be scum because they were blocked after the first two scum were down.

I have a hard time believing Goo to be scum as they were involved in the lynchings of both scum members. It makes no sense to participate in the death of both scum buddies within the first two days of the game. This risk of going it the rest of it alone seems too high, and it would be a dick move to your teammates.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if it isnt goo face, it can only be carpetron

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

If roleblocking prevents scum from killing, then Zetsu cannot be scum because they were blocked after the first two scum were down.

I have a hard time believing Goo to be scum as they were involved in the lynchings of both scum members. It makes no sense to participate in the death of both scum buddies within the first two days of the game. This risk of going it the rest of it alone seems too high, and it would be a dick move to your teammates.

Of the six living..
3 were involved in killing MMM
Roy
Goo
Exakt

3 were not involved in killing MMM
gulag
zetsu
carpet

As a result I am simply more inclined to think that the scum would fall in the second list.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but its goo face (goofus)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
wait i just found something weird

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

Of the six living..
3 were involved in killing MMM
Roy
Goo
Exakt

3 were not involved in killing MMM
gulag
zetsu
carpet

As a result I am simply more inclined to think that the scum would fall in the second list.

On the second day, only two living were not involved in the killing of scum
gulag
exakt

Not wanting to join the killing of the PGO makes sense.
Not wanting to kill your other teammate on D2 also makes sense.

Which.. Gulag, this in combination with your impulse to just blow everything off, makes it really hard for me to trust you at all.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

wait i just found something weird

oh never mind, met never got a pm before gulag replaced him.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Did anyone track Zets n2?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Did anyone track Zets n2?

no

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

So we don't actually have any confirmation that Gulag role-blocked Zets except their word. I know I tracked Gulag to Zets, but that doesn't mean I saw which action he did. He could easily have rolecopped and done nothing else. This, um, requires a LOT of planning on their part.

Also, be right back, have a very important post to find.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we have confirmation from zetsu, who said, " i was role blocked" unless you are insinuating we are on a team, lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the easiest way to solve puzzle is to kill the anime man (not me different anime)

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

the main reason i only went to onetarget (zetsu) was because i want possibility of me being a lynch target to evaporate from everyone's minds, since i would have to vbe a roleblocker and a ninja. which is just...IMPOSSIBLE

GulagDolls posted:

someone please say you tracked me and say me visit only zetsu.

GulagDolls posted:

if you read closely you will see that I wanted you to say "me visit only zetsu" omegagoo

So why is it so important that you only visited Zetsu, huh? Did you need someone to collaborate on your plan?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

So we don't actually have any confirmation that Gulag role-blocked Zets except their word. I know I tracked Gulag to Zets, but that doesn't mean I saw which action he did. He could easily have rolecopped and done nothing else. This, um, requires a LOT of planning on their part.

Also, be right back, have a very important post to find.

you keep building this 4 scum narrative... that is the only way this stuff is going to work.
it just doesn't make that much sense.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

you keep building this 4 scum narrative... that is the only way this stuff is going to work.
it just doesn't make that much sense.

Look, I've shown you the 3.5 worlds I see from my perspective. The more we go in circles here, based on the information we have, I see 2b or 3 being the most likely (yes, that's a change from what I said previously). If 2b IS in fact the world, based on previous nights, Zets can't be scum, and so Carpet is the scum. Does that seem likely to you?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

OmegaGoo posted:

So why is it so important that you only visited Zetsu, huh? Did you need someone to collaborate on your plan?

you dunce

OmegaGoo posted:

I will confirm that Exakt's claim to be a doctor is true, and I will also confirm that Gulag visited Zets and no one else.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that Carpet Shark's Godfather role is to trip us up. Since Pin was scum, I'm inclined to believe Carpet's role confirms him as a townie.

Roy, what info do you have in that spreadsheet?

##vote OmegaGoo

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Look, I've shown you the 3.5 worlds I see from my perspective. The more we go in circles here, based on the information we have, I see 2b or 3 being the most likely (yes, that's a change from what I said previously). If 2b IS in fact the world, based on previous nights, Zets can't be scum, and so Carpet is the scum. Does that seem likely to you?

My top two choices are carpet or Gulag.
If I had to pick right this second, I would probably say Carpet.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote OmegaGoo

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

can we NOT put people within hammer range please?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Roydrowsy posted:

can we NOT put people within hammer range please?

didn't realize that was -1, sorry
##unvote

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

you dunce

##vote OmegaGoo

what does quoting other people's stuff supposed to mean?
you keep doing it.
it isn't helpful.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

No. Just a bit too paranoid.

Roydrowsy posted:

My top two choices are carpet or Gulag.
If I had to pick right this second, I would probably say Carpet.

Ok. I don't necessarily agree, but I will accept that possibility.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote OmegaGoo

Joy. Pray tell, why?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

didn't realize that was -1, sorry
##unvote

its fine...

but stop and think for a second.
I get the feeling that Goo is trying too hard, coming up with crazy theories... it isn't exactly helpful, but i at least get the impression that they are TRYING to figure poo poo out, which is more than can be said for other participants.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

At this point I think I've spat out everything that makes sense to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I do think it's probably Goo tho. I reread him and so much of his posting seems empty and obfuscatory, and the way his read on GG developed.
The only thing that gives me pause is the slapfight he had with PinMom on day 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The only people to visit aC the night she got killed were Goo, Zets, and GG. GG has flipped town.

• Locked thread