Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): EXAKT Science, GulagDolls, The Carpet Shark, Zetsubou-san

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i guess that rules out a team of two

i roleblocked zetsu last night. tracked exakt, who visted zetsu and carpet.

i don't know how carpet has been doing these kills, or, care.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
okay so that means it's gulag or carpet

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we already know it's not me, due to my pure heart and childlike innocence

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

WHY did you guys lynch the watcher lol

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
I think it's like 95% Gulag, 5% EXAKT is playing a super scum game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i think it's gulag

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its in many ways impossible for it to actually be me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i can only assume "godfather" means "godfather as it pertains to rolecops" or "always innocent night actions"

this is where zetsu should come in and say he tracked me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh wait. i roleblocked him. goddamnit

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

i can only assume "godfather" means "godfather as it pertains to rolecops" or "always innocent night actions"

this is where zetsu should come in and say he tracked me.

uh huh. and what do you expect his tracking result to be?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

exakt, why do you think it is me. I dont want you to lose the game, for us.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

uh huh. and what do you expect his tracking result to be?

-_-

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

its in many ways impossible for it to actually be me.

How is it impossible to be you?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

how in the gently caress could it be me with my confirmed role and being tracked to multiple places that weren't the kill on multiple nights. your role is the only one that is even slightly odd here with multiple weird things happening on your end (like not going anywhere on the night there was no night kill and omegagoo was framed by my roleblock,for example)

you could only feasibly explain me to be scum if I had a partner, presumably zetsu, and I was smart. unfortunately, none of those things are true.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

exakt if you vote me today i will turn your avatar into the mark of shame

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

how in the gently caress could it be me with my confirmed role and being tracked to multiple places that weren't the kill on multiple nights. your role is the only one that is even slightly odd here with multiple weird things happening on your end (like not going anywhere on the night there was no night kill and omegagoo was framed by my roleblock,for example)

you could only feasibly explain me to be scum if I had a partner, presumably zetsu, and I was smart. unfortunately, none of those things are true.

We've all been rolecopped and tracked multiple times at this point, I don't really see the relevance of this. You roleblocked OmegaGoo and pushed for his lynch, I don't see how that can be interpreted as me framing him.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

because i would have to be roleblocker+[invisible ninja that doesnt show up on rolecops.] that's very dumb

whereas 'godfather' could be taken to mean [invisible ninja that doesnt show up on rolecops] when you take JJ's twisted game designer logic into account. i don't know if there is another explanation to how you did kills, or care, that much, maybe we are just unable to do sudoku puzzles.

it can be interpreted that way, because, you did not go anywhere and withheld night kill (reason for town rolecop+tracker to go nowhere=?????), and then we killed the guy who was roleblocked.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

When has that ever been what godfather means? How does that make more sense than you being scum and the scumteam's kill being untrackable?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The Carpet Shark posted:

When has that ever been what godfather means? How does that make more sense than you being scum and the scumteam's kill being untrackable?

oh...the scumteam's entire KILL is untrackable, not just one person???? that makes more sense than the godfather thing. thank you for illuminating me to how you've been doing this.i kill jj after the game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we've been discussing someone being an 'invisible ninja' like morons for the entire game, and only now do you offer up...thi.s...lol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
upon a reread I think it is carp. if it is not carp i will be mad.

##vote The Carpet Shark

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

EXAKT Science posted:

upon a reread I think it is carp. if it is not carp i will be mad.

##vote The Carpet Shark

What? Why?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote carpet shark

i will also be extremely mad if its anyone else honestly, and consider it not a loss but a stain on jon joe's mod honor

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i'm going to do a reread before I do anything

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Well. This game has been both frustrating and enjoyable, and there are no clear indications of who the final scum is. I do think EXAKT and gulag are more likely to be town due to game-balance reasons, and the godfather role is a double-bluff meant to make town second guess themselves. So...

##vote The Carpet Shark

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The Carpet Shark, town aligned Tracker Rolecop Godfather, has been put down day 6!

Just kidding, Carpet Shark was mafia. Town wins! Wooo!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

jon joe posted:

The Carpet Shark, town aligned Tracker Rolecop Godfather, has been put down day 6!

Just kidding, Carpet Shark was mafia. Town wins! Wooo!

you are the worst :mad:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Explanation:

The mafia had two options on their kill. A) Regular mafia kill or B) Person they target 'carries' the kill to the first person they target (as decided by the first action in the PM they send me). If the person performs no action, no kill happens. If the person targets mafia, mafia would die from it.

Some setup stuff: Mostly broken, intentionally so. I was fully prepared for the game to end day 2 thanks to the the PGO, but figured everyone would laugh it off. Town did have some tools to discover who the pgo was, though, all someone would need to do is track MMM while either being protected by the doctor, or while Gulag was roleblocking MMM. Watcher could also be used in either of those two conditions as well. Town played an excellent game, but the game went on longer than it needed to thanks to clever play by carpet shark and the town's crippling inability to pay more attention to behavior than night actions. Thankfully, even paying attention to night actions, the required logic of the nightkill meant that you had eventually puzzled it out anyway by trusting Gulag's roleblocks. If you had lynched Gulag though, whoo boy, I think I might have cried.

Also, this game has a secret. If you want to learn it, PM me or hit me up on skype.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Mod doc:

apostateCourier - Town Tracker Rolecop
CaptainFoo - Town Tracker Rolecop
EXAKT Science - Town Tracker Rolecop Doctor
Ghastly Gangsta - Town Tracker Rolecop Watcher
JakeP/Met - Town Tracker Rolecop Miller
King Burgundy - Town Tracker Rolecop
GulagDolls - Town Tracker Rolecop Roleblocker
MMM Whatchya Say - Mafia Tracker Rolecop Paranoid Gun Owner
Pinterest Mom - Mafia Tracker Rolecop Cop
Roydrowsy - Town Tracker Rolecop
The Carpet Shark - Mafia Tracker Rolecop Godfather
Zetsubou-san - Town Tracker Rolecop
OmegaGoo - Town Tracker Rolecop

night 1 actions:
Exakt tracks Captain Foo, rolecops Gulag, protects Met
Roydrowsy tracks King Burgandy
King Burgundy tracks Zetsu, rolecops Roydrowsy
Met tracks Pinterest Mom, Rolecops Captain Foo
apostateCourier tracks and rolecops OmegaGoo
GulagDolls rolecops & tracks apostateCourier, roleblocks Exakt Science
Zetsubou-san tracks Ghastly Gangsta and rolecops King Burgundy
Ghastly Gangsta tracks Zetsubou, watches Roydrowsy, and rolecops Captain Foo
OmegaGoo rolecops Zestubou-san and tracks Ekakt Science
Pinterest mom cops CarpetShark, tracks Gulag, rolecops apostateCourier
CarpetShark kills Met, rolecops & tracks Roydrowsy

night 1 results:

Exakt: You were roleblocked during the night.
Roydrowsy: King Burgundy visited Zetsubou-san & Roydrowsy
King Burgundy: Zetsubou-san visited Ghastly Gangsta & King Burgundy. Roydrowsy is a Tracker Rolecop.
Met: Pinterest Mom visited The Carpet Shark, GulagDolls, & apostateCourier. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop.
apostateCourier: OmegaGoo visited Zestubou-san & EXAKT SCIENCE. OmegaGoo is a Tracker Rolecop.
GulagDolls: apostateCourier visited OmegaGoo. apostateCourier is a Tracker Rolecop.
Zetsubou-san: Ghastly Gangsta visited Zesubou-san, Captain Foo & Roydrowsy. King Burgundy is a Tracker Rolecop.
Ghastly Gangsta: Zetsubou-san visited King Burgundy & Ghastly Gangsta. Roydrowsy was visited by King Burgundy & The Carpet Shark. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop.
OmegaGoo: Zestubou-san is a Tracker Rolecop. EXAKT SCIENCE visited nobody.
Pinterest Mom: The Carpet Shark is Town. GulagDolls visited apostateCourier & EXAKT SCIENCE. apostateCourier is a Tracker Rolecop
The Carpet Shark: Roydrowsy visited King Burgundy. Roydrowsy is a Tracker Rolecop.

night 2 actions:
The Carpet Shark tracks GG, makes GG a killer, and rolecops captain foo
EXAKT Science rolecops Foo, tracks foo, and protects GG
Roydrowsy tracks and rolecops The Carpet Shark
GulagDolls roleblocks Zetsubou-San
King Burgundy rolecops foo, tracks The Carpet Shark
Ghastly Gangsta tracks (and kills) King Burgundy, rolecops Captain Foo, and Watches The Carpet Shark
Captain Foo tracks and rolecops carpet shark
OmegaGoo rolecops EXACT Science, tracks Gulag
Zetsubou-san rolecops EXAKT Science, tracks Gulag
apostateCourier rolecops EXAKT Science, tracks EXAKT Science

night 2 results:
The Carpet Shark: Ghastly Gangsta visited King Burgundy, Captain Foo, and The Carpet Shark. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop.
EXAKT Science: Captain Foo is Tracker Rolecop. Captain Foo visited The Carpet Shark.
Roydrowsy: The Carpet Shark visited Ghastly Gangsta and Captain Foo. The Carpet Shark is a Tracker Rolecop Godfather.
King Burgundy: You are dead
Ghastly Gangsta: King Burgundy visited Captain Foo and The Carpet Shark. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop. The Carpet Shark was visited by Roydrowsy, King Burgundy, and Captain Foo.
Captain Foo: The Carpet Shark visited Ghastly Gangsta and Captain Foo. The Carpet Shark is a Tracker Rolecop Godfather.
OmegaGoo: EXAKT Science is a Tracker Rolecop Doctor. GulagDolls visited Zetsubou-san.
apostateCourier: EXAKT Science is a Tracker Rolecop Doctor. EXAKT Science visited Captain Foo and Ghastly Gangsta.
Zetsubou-san: You were roleblocked.

night 3:
The Carpet Shark makes GG a killer, rolecops him, and tracks him.
GulagDolls Roleblocks Roy, tracks+rolecops GG
Roydrowsy tracks gulag
Zetsubou-san rolecops and tracks apostateCourier
apostateCourier tracks and rolecops GulagDolls
OmegaGoo rolecops apostateCourier, tracks GulagDolls
GhastlyGangsta tracks & watches (also kills) apostateCourier, rolecops OmegaGoo

night 3 results:
The Carpet Shark: GhastlyGangsta is a Tracker Rolecop Watcher. He visited apostateCourier and Omegagoo.
GulagDolls: GhastlyGangsta visited apostateCourier and Omegagoo. He is a Tracker Rolecop Watcher.
Roydrowsy: You were roleblocked.
Zetsubou-san: apostateCourier visited GulagDolls. He is a Tracker Rolecop.
apostateCourier: Dead.
OmegaGoo: apostateCourier is a Tracker Rolecop. Gulagdolls visited Roydrowsy and GhastlyGangsta.
GhastlyGangsta: apostateCourier visited GulagDolls. apostateCourier was visited by Zetsubou-san and OmegaGoo. OmegaGoo is a Tracker Rolecop.

night 4:
EXAKT Science protects Roy, tracks and rolecops The Carpet Shark
Zetsubou-san trakcs OmegaGoo, rolecops GulagDolls
Roydrowsy tracks and rolecops Zetsubou-san
Omegagoo tracks Roydrowsy
Gulagdolls roleblocks, tracks, & rolecops OmegaGoo
Carpetshark does nothing

night 4 results:
EXAKT Science: The Carpet Shark visited nobody. The Carpet Shark is a Tracker Rolecop Godfather.
Zetsubou-san: OmegaGoo visited nobody. GulagDolls is a Tracker Rolecop Roleblocker.
Roydrowsy: Zetsubou-san visited OmegaGoo and GulagDolls. Zetsubou-san is a Tracker Rolecop.
Omegagoo: You were roleblocked.
GulagDolls: OmegaGoo visited nobody. OmegaGoo is a Tracker Rolecop.

night 5:
Roydrowsy tracks The Carpet Shark
GulagDolls roleblocks Zetsubou-sama, tracks Exakt
EXAKT Science protects The Carpet Shark and tracks Zetsu
Zetsubou-san tracks The Carpet Shark
The Carpet Shark Rolecops, Tracks, and Kills Roydrowsy

night 5 results:

Roydrowsy: Dead
Gulagdolls: Exakt science visited The Carpet Shark and Zetsubou-san
Exakt Science: Zetsubou-san visited no one.
Zetsubou-san: You were roleblocked.
The Carpet Shark: Roydrowsy visited The Carpet Shark. Roydrowsy is a Tracker Rolecop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was trying to pay attention to behavior, but all of my behavior-based cases were wrong! (except the one on MMM :smug:)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Some other notes: Intentionally made the Godfather mafia and Miller town as a double fakeout, to go with the mafia cop regular fakeout (essentially a Godfather in a rolecop game.) Only had one gently caress-up when I released results on GulagDolls that nobody should have gotten, but I doubt it seriously impacted the game results. I think The Carpet Shark would have had an easier time winning if she had killed GulagDolls earlier, the constant threat of roleblocker made things hard, but hindsight is 20/20. Roydrowsy and GulagDolls, I think you get to share town MVP.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

jon joe posted:

Explanation:

The mafia had two options on their kill. A) Regular mafia kill or B) Person they target 'carries' the kill to the first person they target (as decided by the first action in the PM they send me). If the person performs no action, no kill happens. If the person targets mafia, mafia would die from it.

:stare:

that is some dastardly game design, well done

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If I hadn't been dead game would have ended much sooner. :). But grats on pulling out the win at last.

That mafia kill is super sneaky.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I was a whole lot of wrong, except for Shark. Well played, everyone, and I can't believe you survived that long with that Godfather info on the table, Shark.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I highly suggest you pm jj for the secret, it's very good

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game everyone! Didn't see that coming haha.

Well played Shark.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Thanks for the game. It was exceptionally confusing; I think in a good way.

My scumdar needs work, and I knew I should have ignored jokephase. Sorry folks!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

jon joe posted:

Some other notes: Intentionally made the Godfather mafia and Miller town as a double fakeout, to go with the mafia cop regular fakeout (essentially a Godfather in a rolecop game.) Only had one gently caress-up when I released results on GulagDolls that nobody should have gotten, but I doubt it seriously impacted the game results. I think The Carpet Shark would have had an easier time winning if she had killed GulagDolls earlier, the constant threat of roleblocker made things hard, but hindsight is 20/20. Roydrowsy and GulagDolls, I think you get to share town MVP.

I dunno if I deserve the MVP... I think I started out okay, but got really lost towards the end. After the GG kill, my brain was broken and I had just about run out of ideas. Seems like carpet did a decent job of setting that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

Thanks for the game. It was exceptionally confusing; I think in a good way.

My scumdar needs work, and I knew I should have ignored jokephase. Sorry folks!

Jokephase is important! MMM's jokevote was what I built my whole d1 case on!

• Locked thread