Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thank god town lol I was yelling at my monitor for days to lynch CS

good job all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

great game, JJ.

I realized after I was dead that I have a very hard time dealing with gulag's playstyle and it clouds my judgement

good thing town won though

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

taht was the most amount of needless bloodshed possible

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Jokephase is important! MMM's jokevote was what I built my whole d1 case on!

The second MMM forgot that he hadn't called me scum, and started speaking as if he had cased me previously I was pretty much 80% sure on him as scum. I ended up getting very busy that day so wasn't going to be able to push a case on him, and really my probation had nothing to do with that, I didn't make it back to my computer until hours after the day ended. Glad you guys managed to get him without me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Don't y'all pat yourself on the back too much for killing me day 1, hardly anybody voted me as part of an actual case.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP posted:

The second MMM forgot that he hadn't called me scum, and started speaking as if he had cased me previously

This also isn't what happened. I legitimately meant a case I started putting together before going out.

The canada day covering most of day 1 was brutal on playing

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jon joe posted:

Explanation:

The mafia had two options on their kill. A) Regular mafia kill or B) Person they target 'carries' the kill to the first person they target (as decided by the first action in the PM they send me). If the person performs no action, no kill happens. If the person targets mafia, mafia would die from it.

Some setup stuff: Mostly broken, intentionally so. I was fully prepared for the game to end day 2 thanks to the the PGO, but figured everyone would laugh it off. Town did have some tools to discover who the pgo was, though, all someone would need to do is track MMM while either being protected by the doctor, or while Gulag was roleblocking MMM. Watcher could also be used in either of those two conditions as well. Town played an excellent game, but the game went on longer than it needed to thanks to clever play by carpet shark and the town's crippling inability to pay more attention to behavior than night actions. Thankfully, even paying attention to night actions, the required logic of the nightkill meant that you had eventually puzzled it out anyway by trusting Gulag's roleblocks. If you had lynched Gulag though, whoo boy, I think I might have cried.

Also, this game has a secret. If you want to learn it, PM me or hit me up on skype.

*kills u*

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like sorry if I'm being a whiner here but this game was incredibly frustrating for me. I'm pretty sure the main reason I got executed is the top two candidates getting replaced/ claiming doctor. The cases made were largely impotent, except for Roy's.

Exact's case based on me not inviting my joke vote was laughable. I just had to check back on it because he mentioned casing me just now and like, really?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its hard to not pay attention to night actions when they seem to be saying, to your face, "this is the guy who did it." in black/white. i think that was only relevant to me for killing goo though. it also makes everything they've said in the past seem more sinister :shopkeeper:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I really thought gulag would be killed at the end for the whole roleblock thing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

honestly i still cannot believe that gulag blocked a claimed doctor and didn't get killed for it

i guess he is oddly trustworthy idk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This also isn't what happened. I legitimately meant a case I started putting together before going out.

The canada day covering most of day 1 was brutal on playing

Even if this is actually true you weren't going to be able to convince me that in game. If you have a read on someone you should mention it when it happens, not when you have time to properly create a case. This goes back to the question you asked the other day in the discussion thread, a good way to get people to vote with your cases is to just post your feelings as they come up.

It doesn't seem genuine to find someone scummy and then not mention it until 2 days later in a mega case (or at all at that point)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like if you started to prepare a case you should have at least made a breif mention that you found me scummy and there will be a case incoming so that it actually seems legitimate

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like I knew I wouldn't have time to post anymore during the day, so I made my last post a vote for the person I felt was most likely scum before I went. If I came back later and made a case on you people wouldn't question that I was just picking a dude because he had vote momentum on him, they would know I felt that way when I felt it originally

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Like sorry if I'm being a whiner here but this game was incredibly frustrating for me. I'm pretty sure the main reason I got executed is the top two candidates getting replaced/ claiming doctor. The cases made were largely impotent, except for Roy's.

Exact's case based on me not inviting my joke vote was laughable. I just had to check back on it because he mentioned casing me just now and like, really?

hey it was a weak as hell day 1 case, but it was correct.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
one of my favorite mafia moments was lynching a scum day 1, and that dude getting pissed that we were right for the wrong reasons, and went off about how bad we all were, and then outed his scum team

TacMan in Passover Minimafia hosted by grandicap

JakeP fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 16, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Eh, I'm not saying JakeP was illegitimate in his read, just that I didn't forget I never called him scum. It is frustrating since that particular part was genuine on my part, but being out made it harder to fake content and Jake was essentially picking up on me faking content. He was absolutely right that I was posturing to vote him and stuff, I just wanted clarify I didn't just forget what I said like a dumbass.

I will call EXAKT's case illegitimate since the implication is that I was trying to ride my jokevote into a real joke which... doesn't make sense. Shot in the dark or completely manufactured reasons to justify a correct gut call, but not a correct case.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

great game, JJ.

I realized after I was dead that I have a very hard time dealing with gulag's playstyle and it clouds my judgement

good thing town won though

That was probably my biggest issue. The biggest debate I had with myself the entire time was whether or not to trust Gulag. Also.. the lynching of Goo was perhaps the most infuriating part of the game. How did that even happen?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Roydrowsy posted:

That was probably my biggest issue. The biggest debate I had with myself the entire time was whether or not to trust Gulag. Also.. the lynching of Goo was perhaps the most infuriating part of the game. How did that even happen?

Gulag's roleblock and GG's watcher result

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

EXAKT Science posted:

Gulag's roleblock and GG's watcher result

Agreed. I looked at that day and said "I have to be scum." I actually double-checked my role pm just in case.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The Carpet Shark posted:

I think I got everything so far

Most of the people have been tracked. People who were tracked can't be scum lying about their results unless the person who tracked them is also scum.

Here's what I think the most likely possibilities are:

A) One of the three untracked people also visited KingB and killed them. That would be Roy, Goo or Ac. Roy seems incredibly unlikely so I'm ruling that out.

B) Ghastly Gangsta killed KingB in addition to tracking him.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
loved that post

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
To be fair, if this is what SA mafia is like (minus the crazy rules shenanigans), I'm so down for another game. This was grand.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

To be fair, if this is what SA mafia is like (minus the crazy rules shenanigans), I'm so down for another game. This was grand.

yeah we're obnoxious and weird p much all the time it's great

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

people seem to be playing a lot less angry these days than in the past, which is nice.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It was not my best work but I thought it was clear enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that post 100% convinced me that carp was scum but then gulag gulagged and welp

• Locked thread