Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Huh I never signed up for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Weird that Jon joe would just send me this unasked for role pm.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

I am not a rolecop or a tracker.

Lynch all liars ##vote gulag alright see you D2

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't like JakeP's miller claim as being a confirmed town role because

jon joe posted:

This game's roles are specifically designed to upset your assumptions of your results, however. Do not put too much stock in your Rolecop or Tracker results as they apply to standard mafia logic.

This implies that there could easily be like, a scum miller.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

isn't that a godfather by any other name

Miller is just "investigates as scum", so a scum miller would a scum player who investigates as scum. Given the number of rolecops (everybody is a rolecop) vs the number of regular cops (not everybody is a regular cop), millers and godfathers are more likely to be rolecopped than regular copped. I think JJ putting a scum player that was a miller would be pretty clever and this is a bit of mod meta but is actually exactly the sort of thing I expect from him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ok going to a canada day thing now, will have thoughts when I return

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ayo Jake:

From what I remember, JJ, the mod of this game, once ran a game where a scum player could give away miller and godfather roles to other players. The roles weren't limited to town and scum players respectively.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok I'm around now

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I think voting out a newbie on d1 is always bad form and I won't do it or support it so I'm against sending goo home. But I agree he is being weird.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll look at it on D2. Give him a chance to play

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote OmegaGoo

EXAKT was this a real vote?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

EXAKT was this a real vote?

Like, EXAKT hand unvoted and seemingly doubled down on it with that "goo has generated no content" post but that's pretty wild considering every post between those two posts was contentless. Also this vote had no content.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Eh, I guess that's an option too but in the mean time I'll look for bad content before doing that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm actually not entirely over the possibility of jake, although the case I had started before leaving yesterday is outdated now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is there a reason you think set is scum specifically or do you just dislike his lack of content.

I suppose that could be the reason itself but it seems more like an engagement thing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP posted:

lol well this is scummy, its like you actually are pretending you mentioned me as scum previously, as opposed to just saying that my role doesn't guarentee I am town.

Sorry, when I said "case I started" I meant one I was forming not something I actually posted.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP posted:

Is this for me because I have clearly explained why I think he is scum in my very recent posts

It was for foo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I wonder what possibly could have slowed MMM on posting a case

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

ok going to a canada day thing now, will have thoughts when I return

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was suspicious of jakep at first because of positively excited he was to be a miller in this game.

Now I'm getting irritated that he keep interpreting my posts in weirdbad ways but I haven't decided if that's intentional or not.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP posted:

I call BS, its not hard to at least say where you are without making an epic post about it

Are we talking about the same thing? I was literally gone until today, and as I was leaving I posted "I will have thoughts when I return"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey zet what specifically about kingB do you think is suspicious?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

OmegaGoo posted:

Exakt did a similar thing to Oxidation in the WIFOA game I died in N1. His "Fair Game" could just be an effort to make himself look good, since he has been in a game with me before. Highly meta argument I should not be making in my second game on SA. My apologies.

Don't talk about ongoing games

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't even really get jake's perspective in a lot of these posts

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah think there's a scum between jake and EXAKT. I'll vote for either of them, I don't really see a strong case on anybody else.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like this post about pmom responding to a vague jakep post is pretty wild given how jakep was just running a clinic on how to misinterpret posts

JakeP posted:

and pmom either really dumb or scum intentionally misreading what I said to say something it did not

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm finally home and using a real computer and not a phone! Praise the lord.

It's too bad jakep replaced out because I had a pretty strong read there. I think the read is absolutely still viable but now Met's sort of in an awkward spot. No matter:

JakeP posted:

in fact I have the only role that should be confirm-townable by a role cop so Id say im a pretty big deal itt

This is the first big thing for me. JakeP's raw enthusiasm for a role that he thinks will be read as town is pretty strange to me, especially given what JJ said about the setup and how I know JJ's played with this stuff in the past.

His next posts were sort of caught between talking about bread and whining about people suggesting he's not confirmed town. I'm not really a fan of these because making a big stink out of this is a fairly easy way to post a lot without actually bringing much to the table.

Those points are fairly minor but I think the next two things are more significant.

Jake makes this series of posts:

JakeP posted:

Is this for me because I have clearly explained why I think he is scum in my very recent posts

JakeP posted:

lol well this is scummy, its like you actually are pretending you mentioned me as scum previously, as opposed to just saying that my role doesn't guarentee I am town.

JakeP posted:

like who just sits on cases? Esp with deadline looming? I don't even understand how that is a town playstyle

followed with:

JakeP posted:

and pmom either really dumb or scum intentionally misreading what I said to say something it did not

This is pretty bad because imo he's either projecting motivations onto pmom that lead him to misinterpret things or he's not really forgiving of the mistakes people make when interpreting posts which is pretty ruthless for a player who just did that. This sort of lashing out at any perceived flaw always strikes me as the move of somebody not genuinely looking for who might be scum but instead looking for who can be voted out.

Then there are posts like this

JakeP posted:

MMM also posturing to vote me when he feels the time is right

JakeP posted:

I don't think I am going to have any more time to post today, so just watch the terrible reasoning, and misconstruations of my posts by the people who are bending over backwards to rationalize voting for me, and good luck

Which come across as attempts to intimidate people away from casing him. He's basically preemptively calling people idiots for voting him in a way that strikes me as Very Bad.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As for EXAKT's doc claim, I'm not taking any claim at face value in this sort of game.

Actually that's not quite true, I totally believe he is a doctor I just don't think that prevents him from being scum like in a typical game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've gotta ##vote Met, I know he hasn't said much but I'm comfortable with my read on jakep and while it's awkward met switched in, it doesn't change my read.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

The thing is... if we lynch, we have a wasted opportunity.
1. by claiming doctor, they make themselves a night kill target.
2. which, if they die, there are plenty of people with tracking powers around who might catch it.
3. assuming our role copping powers work properly, this is something we can confirm.

So..why would we want to lynch somebody whose identity will likely be revealed at the start of day2?

I think there are problems with this line of logic. like, if EXAKT survives to D2 are you saying they're scum?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah but if they're a doctor that tells us nothing about their alignment.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I've gotta say, I'm not feeling pressed to vote out EXAKT right now but people are laying out some really weird logic trains here.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

still here

Would switch to EXAKT to avoid a no lynch

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

you have an uncanny knack for jumping on cases that have already fizzled out.

Eh. I'd rather vote for who I think is scum than what the flow of the thread is if those things are different. I've been pretty consistent here.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm town bodyguard

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

i....
what are you wanting us to do with that information 12 minutes from deadline?

I didn't really want to just up and claim but like, it's kind of now or never you know?

If y'all vote met we can still avoid a no lynch

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is a bogus claim I bet.

This isn't the sort of game people can lie about claims and not get called on it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

i dont feel good about it.
it is far too late for it to be actionable, and it could be a gamble to push a no lynch.

I mean, we can literally still lynch met with the number of people we have

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

eh, gently caress I'd do zet too

##vote zet

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is anybody voting me for a reason other than avoiding a no lynch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jesus christ.

This is all because jakep was replaced gently caress off

• Locked thread