Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Hi, my name is Jon Joe. This is a game of mafia for 13 players in which every player, in additional to their assigned role, also has the powers of a Rolecop (target a person during the night to learn their role) and Tracker (target a person during the night to learn who they visited). Standard mafia rules apply.

This game's roles are specifically designed to upset your assumptions of your results, however. Do not put too much stock in your Rolecop or Tracker results as they apply to standard mafia logic. However, I will state that you will never receive an erroneous result on either; no insanity, undisclosed bus-drives, or visits that don't do what they say they do. The rolecop and tracker can, but not must, be used with your other role powers, if any, without issue. Including on the same or different players.

48 hours days/24 hour nights

Some examples:

You track a player and are told they only visited one other player. You do not know what combination of powers were used, only that at least one was.

You rolecop a player and are told they they are a Rolecop Tracker. You know they have no other powers other than the standard Rolecop Tracker powers, but you do not know their alignment.

The Players
  1. apostateCourier, town aligned Tracker Rolecop was killed night 3!
  2. Captain Foo, town aligned Tracker Rolecop was hung day 3!
  3. EXAKT Science
  4. Ghastly Gangsta
  5. GulagDolls
  6. JakeP/Met, town aligned Tracker Rolecop Miller was murdered night 1!
  7. King Burgundy, town aligned Tracker Rolecop died night 2!
  8. MMM Whatchya Say, mafia aligned Tracker Rolecop Paranoid Gun Owner was brutally strung up day 1!
  9. OmegaGoo
  10. Pinterest Mom, mafia aligned Tracker Rolecop Cop was strung up day 2!
  11. Roydrowsy
  12. The Carpet Shark
  13. Zetsubou-san

The Wait List

Day Starts & Ends

Votecount goes here

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Hi, I'm Jon Joe. I need more players.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I request more players! Do your civic duty as a rolecop & tracker!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Do you want to be a rolecop? Or a tracker? Sometimes, it's hard to choose. Choose no longer! Join this game.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

ill play but only if I am rolecop and tracker

done

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Only one spot left for the very wonderful player who takes it!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Roles going out shortly.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Roles have been sent to everyone except Met, who I need an emergency replacement for! I'll start day 1 now, though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Town wincon: All threats to town are eliminated
Mafia wincon: Control vote
3rd party wincon (if exists): None of your business

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
GulagDolls replaces Met! Thanks Gulag!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Met replaces JakeP

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
MMM, scum aligned Tracker Rolecop Paranoid Gun Owner was brutally strung up day 1!

It is now night 1, please send in your actions.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Night results tomorrow morning; if you've yet to submit an action, or wish to change yours, you can still do so until I post the results.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
apostateCourier please clean out your inbox.

Met was murdered during the night! He was a town aligned Tracker Rolecop Miller.

It is now day 2 with an extra-long deadline, because of the fourth of July.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 4, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Mod Error, Ghastly Gangsta accidentally received a result on GulagDolls.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Pinterest Mom, mafia aligned Tracker Rolecop Cop, was strung up day 2!

It is now night 2. You have 24 hours to get me all actions.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
King Burgundy, town aligned Tracker Rolecop, died night 2!

It is now day 3. Please inform me by PM if I gave you results different from what actions you took.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Captain Foo, town aligned Tracker Rolecop, was hung day 3!

It is now night 3. You have 24 hours.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
apostateCourier, town aligned Tracker Rolecop, was killed during the night!

It is now day 4.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Ghastly Gangsta, town aligned Tracker Rolecop Watcher, helped hang himself day 4!

It is now night 4!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Ignore that votefinder, I forgot it was still night with how quickly the lynch happened.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Nobody died night 4!

It is now day 5!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
OmegaGoo, town aligned Tracker Rolecop, had a rope tied around his neck and then suspended over air day 5!

It is now night 5.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Roydrowsy, town aligned Tracker Rolecop, was found dead night 5!

It is now day 6.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The Carpet Shark, town aligned Tracker Rolecop Godfather, has been put down day 6!

Just kidding, Carpet Shark was mafia. Town wins! Wooo!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Explanation:

The mafia had two options on their kill. A) Regular mafia kill or B) Person they target 'carries' the kill to the first person they target (as decided by the first action in the PM they send me). If the person performs no action, no kill happens. If the person targets mafia, mafia would die from it.

Some setup stuff: Mostly broken, intentionally so. I was fully prepared for the game to end day 2 thanks to the the PGO, but figured everyone would laugh it off. Town did have some tools to discover who the pgo was, though, all someone would need to do is track MMM while either being protected by the doctor, or while Gulag was roleblocking MMM. Watcher could also be used in either of those two conditions as well. Town played an excellent game, but the game went on longer than it needed to thanks to clever play by carpet shark and the town's crippling inability to pay more attention to behavior than night actions. Thankfully, even paying attention to night actions, the required logic of the nightkill meant that you had eventually puzzled it out anyway by trusting Gulag's roleblocks. If you had lynched Gulag though, whoo boy, I think I might have cried.

Also, this game has a secret. If you want to learn it, PM me or hit me up on skype.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Mod doc:

apostateCourier - Town Tracker Rolecop
CaptainFoo - Town Tracker Rolecop
EXAKT Science - Town Tracker Rolecop Doctor
Ghastly Gangsta - Town Tracker Rolecop Watcher
JakeP/Met - Town Tracker Rolecop Miller
King Burgundy - Town Tracker Rolecop
GulagDolls - Town Tracker Rolecop Roleblocker
MMM Whatchya Say - Mafia Tracker Rolecop Paranoid Gun Owner
Pinterest Mom - Mafia Tracker Rolecop Cop
Roydrowsy - Town Tracker Rolecop
The Carpet Shark - Mafia Tracker Rolecop Godfather
Zetsubou-san - Town Tracker Rolecop
OmegaGoo - Town Tracker Rolecop

night 1 actions:
Exakt tracks Captain Foo, rolecops Gulag, protects Met
Roydrowsy tracks King Burgandy
King Burgundy tracks Zetsu, rolecops Roydrowsy
Met tracks Pinterest Mom, Rolecops Captain Foo
apostateCourier tracks and rolecops OmegaGoo
GulagDolls rolecops & tracks apostateCourier, roleblocks Exakt Science
Zetsubou-san tracks Ghastly Gangsta and rolecops King Burgundy
Ghastly Gangsta tracks Zetsubou, watches Roydrowsy, and rolecops Captain Foo
OmegaGoo rolecops Zestubou-san and tracks Ekakt Science
Pinterest mom cops CarpetShark, tracks Gulag, rolecops apostateCourier
CarpetShark kills Met, rolecops & tracks Roydrowsy

night 1 results:

Exakt: You were roleblocked during the night.
Roydrowsy: King Burgundy visited Zetsubou-san & Roydrowsy
King Burgundy: Zetsubou-san visited Ghastly Gangsta & King Burgundy. Roydrowsy is a Tracker Rolecop.
Met: Pinterest Mom visited The Carpet Shark, GulagDolls, & apostateCourier. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop.
apostateCourier: OmegaGoo visited Zestubou-san & EXAKT SCIENCE. OmegaGoo is a Tracker Rolecop.
GulagDolls: apostateCourier visited OmegaGoo. apostateCourier is a Tracker Rolecop.
Zetsubou-san: Ghastly Gangsta visited Zesubou-san, Captain Foo & Roydrowsy. King Burgundy is a Tracker Rolecop.
Ghastly Gangsta: Zetsubou-san visited King Burgundy & Ghastly Gangsta. Roydrowsy was visited by King Burgundy & The Carpet Shark. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop.
OmegaGoo: Zestubou-san is a Tracker Rolecop. EXAKT SCIENCE visited nobody.
Pinterest Mom: The Carpet Shark is Town. GulagDolls visited apostateCourier & EXAKT SCIENCE. apostateCourier is a Tracker Rolecop
The Carpet Shark: Roydrowsy visited King Burgundy. Roydrowsy is a Tracker Rolecop.

night 2 actions:
The Carpet Shark tracks GG, makes GG a killer, and rolecops captain foo
EXAKT Science rolecops Foo, tracks foo, and protects GG
Roydrowsy tracks and rolecops The Carpet Shark
GulagDolls roleblocks Zetsubou-San
King Burgundy rolecops foo, tracks The Carpet Shark
Ghastly Gangsta tracks (and kills) King Burgundy, rolecops Captain Foo, and Watches The Carpet Shark
Captain Foo tracks and rolecops carpet shark
OmegaGoo rolecops EXACT Science, tracks Gulag
Zetsubou-san rolecops EXAKT Science, tracks Gulag
apostateCourier rolecops EXAKT Science, tracks EXAKT Science

night 2 results:
The Carpet Shark: Ghastly Gangsta visited King Burgundy, Captain Foo, and The Carpet Shark. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop.
EXAKT Science: Captain Foo is Tracker Rolecop. Captain Foo visited The Carpet Shark.
Roydrowsy: The Carpet Shark visited Ghastly Gangsta and Captain Foo. The Carpet Shark is a Tracker Rolecop Godfather.
King Burgundy: You are dead
Ghastly Gangsta: King Burgundy visited Captain Foo and The Carpet Shark. Captain Foo is a Tracker Rolecop. The Carpet Shark was visited by Roydrowsy, King Burgundy, and Captain Foo.
Captain Foo: The Carpet Shark visited Ghastly Gangsta and Captain Foo. The Carpet Shark is a Tracker Rolecop Godfather.
OmegaGoo: EXAKT Science is a Tracker Rolecop Doctor. GulagDolls visited Zetsubou-san.
apostateCourier: EXAKT Science is a Tracker Rolecop Doctor. EXAKT Science visited Captain Foo and Ghastly Gangsta.
Zetsubou-san: You were roleblocked.

night 3:
The Carpet Shark makes GG a killer, rolecops him, and tracks him.
GulagDolls Roleblocks Roy, tracks+rolecops GG
Roydrowsy tracks gulag
Zetsubou-san rolecops and tracks apostateCourier
apostateCourier tracks and rolecops GulagDolls
OmegaGoo rolecops apostateCourier, tracks GulagDolls
GhastlyGangsta tracks & watches (also kills) apostateCourier, rolecops OmegaGoo

night 3 results:
The Carpet Shark: GhastlyGangsta is a Tracker Rolecop Watcher. He visited apostateCourier and Omegagoo.
GulagDolls: GhastlyGangsta visited apostateCourier and Omegagoo. He is a Tracker Rolecop Watcher.
Roydrowsy: You were roleblocked.
Zetsubou-san: apostateCourier visited GulagDolls. He is a Tracker Rolecop.
apostateCourier: Dead.
OmegaGoo: apostateCourier is a Tracker Rolecop. Gulagdolls visited Roydrowsy and GhastlyGangsta.
GhastlyGangsta: apostateCourier visited GulagDolls. apostateCourier was visited by Zetsubou-san and OmegaGoo. OmegaGoo is a Tracker Rolecop.

night 4:
EXAKT Science protects Roy, tracks and rolecops The Carpet Shark
Zetsubou-san trakcs OmegaGoo, rolecops GulagDolls
Roydrowsy tracks and rolecops Zetsubou-san
Omegagoo tracks Roydrowsy
Gulagdolls roleblocks, tracks, & rolecops OmegaGoo
Carpetshark does nothing

night 4 results:
EXAKT Science: The Carpet Shark visited nobody. The Carpet Shark is a Tracker Rolecop Godfather.
Zetsubou-san: OmegaGoo visited nobody. GulagDolls is a Tracker Rolecop Roleblocker.
Roydrowsy: Zetsubou-san visited OmegaGoo and GulagDolls. Zetsubou-san is a Tracker Rolecop.
Omegagoo: You were roleblocked.
GulagDolls: OmegaGoo visited nobody. OmegaGoo is a Tracker Rolecop.

night 5:
Roydrowsy tracks The Carpet Shark
GulagDolls roleblocks Zetsubou-sama, tracks Exakt
EXAKT Science protects The Carpet Shark and tracks Zetsu
Zetsubou-san tracks The Carpet Shark
The Carpet Shark Rolecops, Tracks, and Kills Roydrowsy

night 5 results:

Roydrowsy: Dead
Gulagdolls: Exakt science visited The Carpet Shark and Zetsubou-san
Exakt Science: Zetsubou-san visited no one.
Zetsubou-san: You were roleblocked.
The Carpet Shark: Roydrowsy visited The Carpet Shark. Roydrowsy is a Tracker Rolecop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Some other notes: Intentionally made the Godfather mafia and Miller town as a double fakeout, to go with the mafia cop regular fakeout (essentially a Godfather in a rolecop game.) Only had one gently caress-up when I released results on GulagDolls that nobody should have gotten, but I doubt it seriously impacted the game results. I think The Carpet Shark would have had an easier time winning if she had killed GulagDolls earlier, the constant threat of roleblocker made things hard, but hindsight is 20/20. Roydrowsy and GulagDolls, I think you get to share town MVP.

• Locked thread