Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I'm wonderful! Pick me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I can confirm that I am not, in fact, a toaster.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

There will be no formal logic here.

Just informal logic. Or non-logic. Or chocolate.

I like chocolate.

##vote king

There is no logic here. Don't look for any. But there is chocolate!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

##vote omegagoo

What? You don't want my chocolate?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

I too can stare at someone with binoculars that is staring at me with binoculars.

No, that's a Watcher. We're not watchers, we're trackers. We have the things with the stuff.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

hey glad you decided to give it another shot! hopefully your newbie status actually protects you from dying before day 2 this game!

Of course! I like mafia, I've just never played it here on SA.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

We're still in jokephase? Do we have a non-jokephase thing?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

You people are WEIRD.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

It's my standard response to "I'm confused, but entertained". Therefore, you people are WEIRD.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

we have to lynch jakep today . no way around it

I could get behind this.

Then again, with no information to go on, I could get behind a lynch that is anybody but me, but I'm sure everyone feels the same way.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I'm doing a good job of making myself look like scum, aren't I?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

jakep u are not srsly making a flavor argument :confused:

Rye not? Wouldn't it be wheat if everyone made flavor arguments?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

*yawn*

I'm sorry, is jokephase over?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

JakeP posted:

yes but feel free to still tell jokes

Ok.

Knock Knock.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Stuff came up so I didn't get to finish my joke!

##unvote

I seem to be the front runner here.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Sorry. Yes, I've posted nothing of substance. On the other hand, a bunch of people voted me anyway; likely because I made myself an easy vote. To be fair, that's something scum like, right? I understand the case against me pretty thoroughly, but it would be nice if people backed up their reasonings.

The rest of my joke, unfortunately, won't work anymore because I screwed up the timing. I am terribly sorry. (It was a lame vote targeter)

On the other hand, I can confirm that I am, in fact, a Tracker. My other roles will neither be confirmed nor denied. I am, however, quite Town.

GulagDolls has voted me, and looks a little wishy-washy, but I don't see how that is a straight-up scumtell.

Exakt has been pressuring me pretty hard, but it looks like he's trying to play a fair game more than get me lynched. Something tells me he's only doing that to look good.

Apostate merely stated I'm scum after voting me. I admit the post you quoted is enough evidence to lynch someone, so I won't read too much into that. Frankly, that vote seems towny.

Aside from the people that have voted me, Jakep is posting like crazy, so he's the most obvious name (not obvious scum. I could go either way on that one), but since I don't know and/or recognize most of the people here, it's hard to keep people straight. This is actually preventing me from getting good reads on people.

King Burgundy, can you explain your vote on Exakt? Is it a bandwagon, or do you actively have a scumread on him?

Roy, why is that a weak vote?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

i would like goo to try to explain his absurd position that i voted him for

Exakt did a similar thing to Oxidation in the WIFOA game I died in N1. His "Fair Game" could just be an effort to make himself look good, since he has been in a game with me before. Highly meta argument I should not be making in my second game on SA. My apologies.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

also it's a very good idea to mark a meta argument as such

Noted.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Also noted.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I'm here!

I will also vote to avoid a no-lynch.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Point. I'm not interested in voting a claimed doctor, either, with everyone's capability of researching that.

##vote MMM

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

jon joe posted:

Met was murdered during the night! He was a Town Tracker Rolecop Miller.

:what:

Also, I got absolutely loving useless information with my night actions. I visited Zets and Exakt Science.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

Not necessarily, if everybody publishes their results honestly, we might turn up who visited and killed apostate.

Also... 2 millers in a game, is that reasonable?

Fair point.

Rules question: does everyone on the scumteam need to visit the guy they kill?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I've read the thread, but due to holiday I am a bit frazzled and will reread the thread tomorrow.

I wanted to see why my reports didn't make sense to me.

I saw Exakt visit no one.

Zetsubou is vanilla (for this game).

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Based on the rules as expressed, I'm pretty sure we could track to the kill unless there was a Ninja. If we can't, then it's gonna be hard to base this stuff on role information.

On a related note, I am inclined to believe Exakt is town after yesterday AND the information I got n1.

Phone posting is hard.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Can't multi-quote in a phone post, but I have clarified my results, and I posted first toDay stating my confusion, so there was nothing to read yet.

The fact that Exakt visited no one confused me. I did not report who I did what action on before anyone else posted. Soon after he claimed that he was roleblocked, Gulag confirmed that. After that fiasco, I reported my full results.

Additionally, apostate confirmed my visits.

At this time, I am inclined to believe Exakt is town.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

I had a tinfoil theory, but on a closer look it doesn't pan out unless Exakt, Gulag and AC are all scum, and that seems too many.

Wouldn't I have to be scum too for that theory?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Can you clarify your stance on King Burgundy? I just reread D1, and I didn't see anything that pinged me.

I think part of the problem is that I'm suspicious of Zets as well, but I don't have a solid case yet. I'll get back to you on that in just a bit.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Ok, my case on Zets: he hasn't said much. Seriously, that's all I've got. He then has his tinfoil theory, which I'd like him to elaborate on my role in; otherwise, I really don't have much, and that's part of the problem.

Pinterest Mom has also posted absolutely nothing, and Carpet Shark has also been scarce. Of the three, Pinterest has been the least useful.

##vote PInterest

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Would you believe I forgot I said that?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

There was a day between that post and when night actions happened. I'm sorry that it's weird that I forgot that was a thing on my mind.

Zets: you've had nothing of substance other than your wild theory, and I can't make any sense of that. The only way my brain can engage with what you have said is by self-insertion; clearly I am missing something.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

This seems to be devolving into a lovely Zets/Pinterest/Shark triangle, isn't it?

They can't all be scum. They're all bringing attention to each other too hard for that to be intelligent. I'm thinking Pinterest > Zets > Carpet.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

The Carpet Shark posted:

To be clear, based on the what happened down to the deadline, I think Roy, EXAKT, OmegaGoo and probably KingB are scum. GG and Ac I'm less sure about, specifically Ac flip flopped in a weird way.

How does basing what happened down to the deadline make Exakt scum? His claim was among the primary reasons we lynched such a powerful role in MMM.

Basically, that was really dumb of Exakt if he's scum.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

The Carpet Shark posted:

oh sorry

I meant aren't scum

GulagDolls posted:

these posts are two minutes apart. did you confuse the word scum and town at some point

We're gonna go with "yes".

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

lsiten you goo gently caress. that post hadnt appeared yet, on my monitor screen

Hey! I'm a goony gently caress, thankyouverymuch.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

##vote gulag

I understand the sentiment, but does this vote actually help anything? (I do follow your case on Gulag, so it's not like this vote is out of left field)

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

well it got a reaction from someone beyond me shouting at clouds, so yes? I don't have a lot of time to post before I'm gone until deadline, so I want to see what I can get done in terms of stimulating discussion

Sorry, I don't have much beyond "I understand your case on Gulag, but I think Pinterest really needs to go."

That, and we can see what Gulag is up to tonight. If it makes anyone feel better, I will ensure that I track Gulag tonight. Wine included, of course.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

You have really got to stop getting ninja'd.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Personally, the start of this day was a shitshow, so everything was weird!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I will confirm that Exakt's claim to be a doctor is true, and I will also confirm that Gulag visited Zets and no one else.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that Carpet Shark's Godfather role is to trip us up. Since Pin was scum, I'm inclined to believe Carpet's role confirms him as a townie.

Roy, what info do you have in that spreadsheet?

• Locked thread