Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
Alright, alright, I'll join your game but only because it looks cool and I like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Hello friends, I am here to play mafia!

-joke about how i am both a rolecop and tracker-

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

JakeP posted:

I think even if I was a town PGO I would find that hilarious, because it would be!

What's a PGO?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

I am here now! Sorry about my absence, I haven't had access to my computer for like, 24 hours. Also I'm about to go out and retrieve the cellphone I lost yesterday from the person who found it, so I don't have time to read over 200 posts at this exact moment, but when I get back in tonight I'll read through and see what's what.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Hello, I am here and alive.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

JakeP posted:

if you are godfather and town you should claim as such.

So I wasn't around much day one, between Canada day, losing my phone and being busy and thus I never noticed this.

I'm a town godfather? I was a bit confused about it. I know you're supposed to claim millers, but I'd never heard of this before.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Hitting a scum early is pretty cool. I think we can probably look for connections between MMM and other players to determine alignment. I doubt roy is scum based on his interactions with MMM for instance.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Hi, I'm back, been busy.

I like Roy's case on EXAKT. It hits on a couple of things I didn't really like about the weird posturing that happened around deadline the other day.

Specifically, I think once scum are in that situation of a scum player getting pressure as the vote to avoid a no lynch candidate they'd want to basically put effort into bussing while also trying to not get the person lynched.

Leading to situations like:

apostateCourier posted:

This late yeah possibly ##vote MMM

apostateCourier posted:

##vote Zet gently caress fine

apostateCourier posted:

##vote MMM yeah we can't no lynch

I'm not sure if EXAKT specifically makes sense though? Like I guess what gets me is that MMM flipped scum PGO, and you guys earlier said that PGO means everybody who visits you dies? That seems like a tremendous ability for scum to have. Why would EXAKT essentially sacrifice MMM in that situation? I don't really get it.

I do think apostateCourier is looking pretty suspicious though.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Roydrowsy posted:

putting together all the lists and sorting the info was really helpful, and makes me also inclined to think town.

the thing that is potentially troublesome about King, is that with about 8 minutes until the lynching deadline, he tried to get that ball rolling on the Zetsu lynch, and built up enough momentum to switch a few votes over. Started the idea of a last minute switch at 8, cast his vote at 6 min to deadline to build momentum, and only put his vote in at the last minute when it failed. it was an odd situation to witness.

He also cast the last vote right?

Maybe I'm not thinking this through properly, but couldn't he have just not done that?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

i am suspicious of this post, it's all pro-town truisms and a gimmie

I don't know what you mean here?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Well it's great that you, apostateCourier, can assure me that apostateCourier is not scum.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

That's essentially the same thing I just said about KingB though so it is something to consider.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

a blatant no-vote leading to a no-lynch in that situation looks really, really bad. better (as scum) to throw the hammer and get maybe something positive out of the (weak) bus? but the way the deadline play went forced kingb's hand

Yeah but if he just didn't make a vote after to switching to zetzu and instead pretended he got busy or something he could have saved him. I can see why that's not normally down but scum pgo just seems so powerful!

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Also if he was trying to get cred for bussing why did was acting very reluctant and frustrated about it?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

carp here's your post

Sentence 1: this is nothing of value; as I said, it's a pro-town truism. Killing scum is good for town, but saying it doesn't mean anything
Sentence 2: this is nothing of value; it's a fundamental way to find scum and play the game, saying it doesn't mean anything
Sentence 3: the most basic of all reads, with no detail whatsoever and a pro-town read on a player who (at least from my point of view) has generally been seen at least as mildly townie as a general consensus so far.

Well alright bud.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Here are all the votes on MMM

JakeP posted:

i can't tell if roy actually believes the things he is saying but its mostly ridiculous, and a lot of the reason he isn't getting called out is because his posts are so long winded no one is bothering to read them

##vote MMM

this is where my vote will end tonight

god bless

EXAKT Science posted:

alright, just wanted to check. i've seen worse day 1 cases, but you're wrong. i think MMM is a better vote today.

this is MMM's only vote so far. then he makes this post:

"one of these two guys is a scum, i'll vote either one. i don't think there's a good case on anyone else" *continues voting gulag*

##vote MMM

Roydrowsy posted:

So having looked things over, it looks like the two possibles at this point are EXAKT and MMM.

With the Doctor claim, which I can assume somebody will investigate, I gotta go for MMM.
They have floated back and forth in the game, and even after Canada Day is over, they continue to bounce around, feel a bunch of stuff out, but not actually take any action.

So, with that in mind..
##Vote MMM Whatchya Say

OmegaGoo posted:

Point. I'm not interested in voting a claimed doctor, either, with everyone's capability of researching that.

##vote MMM

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

4 minutes we can't no lynch.

I'm sorry MMM.

##vote MMM Whatchya Say

apostateCourier posted:

##vote MMM yeah we can't no lynch

King Burgundy posted:

Sigh.

##vote MMM

:redhammer:

I think probably a good majority of these are town. If there are any scum they're probably in the last three, who may have felt they had to vote MMM to not seem suspicious.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

k peace out for a bit

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

Information collecting is easy, this post is meaningless. Of course a majority of any set of players is town. Which ones do you think?

Eh? I think you're sort of ignoring my other posts around that one and also ignoring what I'm saying in the quoted post.

I think the first 4 votes are definitely town votes, and I don't think KingB would really have to hammer like that if he was scum. If there are any scum in there they're Ac or GG.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

Eh? I think you're sort of ignoring my other posts around that one and also ignoring what I'm saying in the quoted post.

I think the first 4 votes are definitely town votes, and I don't think KingB would really have to hammer like that if he was scum. If there are any scum in there they're Ac or GG.

To be clear, based on the what happened down to the deadline, I think Roy, EXAKT, OmegaGoo and probably KingB are scum. GG and Ac I'm less sure about, specifically Ac flip flopped in a weird way.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

this is the same sort of townie truisms that carp posted before

I mean I guess I get the idea of what you're saying, but I was fairly specific about which votes I thought were townie

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

OmegaGoo posted:

How does basing what happened down to the deadline make Exakt scum? His claim was among the primary reasons we lynched such a powerful role in MMM.

Basically, that was really dumb of Exakt if he's scum.

oh sorry

I meant aren't scum

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Yes that is pretty much what happened there

The Carpet Shark posted:

oh sorry

I meant aren't scum

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

Can you clarify if those two are your top scum picks? Or who your top scum picks are?

Ac for sure, then gulag then GG. I don't really have anything to say about Gulag that hasn't been said basically.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

I think we've still got no report from Carpet unless I've missed it somehow?

Roydrowsy visited King Burgundy. Met is a Tracker Rolecop Miller

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

nah, you're again spouting generic mafia logic "scum often has a vote on scum to not seem obviously avoiding"

all of your posting has been saying things that are or nearly truisms without any real content and I don't like it

You keep saying this and I keep not getting it. I quoted 7 votes, said 4 of them were town, gave a town read on one of the other 3 and said that one of the other 2 might be scum. I don't really get how that is contentless generic posting?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

make your cases thanks

Ac did weird+bad flip flopping on MMM. Gulag blocked a doctor and claimed in weird way.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

you didn't give any reasons for anything you said. assertions are not cases or even reads

Holy poo poo, I've been saying that I don't think scum would lead or finish a push on their PGO. King B basically said this but with more words after I did and people were like "yes ok"

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

ok dude I get it at this point, if you would like, after I time I make a post I will step back and say "wow yer dumb" to myself and we can save ourselves some trouble

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Also what is this progression from "you're saying nothing" to "you're saying generic stuff" to "you're saying unsubstantiated stuff" to "the stuff your saying is just bad because"

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

why am i not your super top scum pick, since i wasn't voting at all

I got more of a direct feeling off of Ac's posting whereas yours was a less personal read based on what was claimed

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

its bad because, um. your logic was that kb probably isn't scum because he hammered. the one of the other two are scum, even though that lynch probably wouldnt have happened without them both.

I guess I see it differently? Like I think there's a difference between hammering and almost hammering. I would probably have both of them less than you if I didn't get a bad feeling off of Ac specifically.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Now I'm considering Captain Foo though.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

do you think gulag is lying about his block reasoning
what is weird about the way gulag claimed

He claimed he blocked exakt after it was revealed he was the roleblocker and after exakt revealed he was roleblocked. Then he said he missed the doc claim. I think that's pretty weird.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

it's almost as if you posted different things as you continued to post, lol

Nah you're shifting goalposts.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

OK I'm getting a little frustrated right now so I'm going to log off for a bit and come back to this.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

I'm back

GulagDolls posted:

why are the first two things weird??...that's just how time works?

Well I guess weird is the wrong word, fishy? Basically you claimed when you basically had no choice but to claim and were like "i didn't see"

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

I think at this point I'd prefer to go with Gulag or Foo. I'm setting Ac aside it looks like I'm alone there.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Would it make sense for Foo and Gulag to be scum and Foo's been throwing suspicions on Gulag to distance himself?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

I'm going to ##vote Foo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

What's the case on PMom? That he's not around?

• Locked thread