Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I've seen the first two at the Drafthouse, including both cuts of the first one. They work so well on the big screen, as they should. I wish the Drafthouse would some how show the assembly cut of Alien 3 so I can complete the trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

AnxiousApatosaurus posted:

Is the assembly cut streaming anywhere or is it only on DVD or whatever?

Yes, just look for the two hour+ version:
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-3-Special-Sigourney-Weaver/dp/B00GQ4P55Y/

computer parts posted:

The worst part is I think I've only seen the extended cut of Aliens. :v:

I liked the intro Cameron gave for that cut, "I got what I wanted in to theaters, but marketing wanted new scenes, so here's some poo poo I cut cause I didn't like it."

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I'd be nice if it ends in a way that can lead into Alien 3.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Wild T posted:

Hang on, rewatching A:R due to a joke post that now invested in. Pray for me, because this movie is terrible.

You can probably tie it in with the pregnancy ward scene and the pregnant cafe worker. As terrible as that movie is, at least it's a fun watch unlike how boring AvP was.

Tenzarin posted:

She must of smoked so many cigarettes!

Are you not aware of the stories of how Fisher spent her Star Wars money?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Alhazred posted:

I don't agree that Alien only happened because of lucky happenstance (its not like Scott never made a great movie after Alien). But Aliens is very much the vision of one guy (Cameron wrote, designed, directed and produced the movie) while Alien is the visions of a bunch of talented guys (they even found a way to make Moebius do some art desings).

See the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune to see how those talented guys got together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Remote User posted:

Query: Is the "work print" version, the same as "assembly cut"? I'm having a hard time finding an assembly cut version. The blu ray quadrilogy offers the "work print".

Yes. For the bluray release they did some ADR to clean up the sound in the scenes that the original assembly cut had used subtitles for.