Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pon alien posted:

I know there's at least one fucker who thinks it's funny to put Oh My Friend in the deck.

a cpu did this to me when I was trying to get blood normas :argh:

e: I beat Marc's story but not everybody unlocked. i think you need to beat multiple (maybe just 2?) campaigns to get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

To be precise about the deck, there are 4 special cards which when drawn become your characters special. It's impossible to draw another person's special, but you can get it through use of the exchange card.

Ah neat, I was wondering if that would work.

There was a game I would've won if I didn't stupidly play "Oh my friend" near the end. "You won't land on it!" I told myself.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dogsicle posted:

a cpu did this to me when I was trying to get blood normas :argh:

e: I beat Marc's story but not everybody unlocked. i think you need to beat multiple (maybe just 2?) campaigns to get them all.

Characters sort of pop up for sale in the store randomly after you're allowed to buy them, check between matches.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

to be precise the boss tile pops up at the start of the next turn after a player hits their fourth norma
:goonsay:

also i didn't figure this out until yesterday but you can quickly tell which norma a player chooses by seeing which of the two stats is yellow on their playercard. You can also hover over their icon for more details

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I made a thread about this ages ago, but okay.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/incomprehensibleslur is my Steam ID. Hope to see you guys then.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In order to buy a character from the store, you must first encounter them in singleplayer. This is unfortunate because singleplayer is the opposite of fun.

Furthermore, the spread is such that you won't encounter every character on any one playthrough, so you'll have to tackle at least two different character's story modes if you want to get everyone. Or almost everyone.

The game's "Boss" character can only be unlocked by beating everyone's story mode and all the extra challenges where the computer doesn't even try to pretend it isn't cheating. It isn't worth it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

The game's "Boss" character can only be unlocked by beating everyone's story mode and all the extra challenges where the computer doesn't even try to pretend it isn't cheating. It isn't worth it.

Set the difficulty down to easy. Problem solved.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

In order to buy a character from the store, you must first encounter them in singleplayer. This is unfortunate because singleplayer is the opposite of fun.

Furthermore, the spread is such that you won't encounter every character on any one playthrough, so you'll have to tackle at least two different character's story modes if you want to get everyone. Or almost everyone.

It also seems partially random if a character will show up in the store at any given time.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's still bullshit even on easy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's real easy to beat the story mode if you use cheat engine to give yourself high health and high stars and keep everyone else's star count at 0 and then hold control & shift to make the turns move super super super fast so you can beat a game in about 3-6 minutes

That's how I unlocked all the characters

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I... never thought of that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Slur posted:

Set the difficulty down to easy. Problem solved.

difficulity doesn't matter for unlocking? gently caress

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

difficulity doesn't matter for unlocking? gently caress

It matters for achievments though, if you care about that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

People need to know my OJ game is legit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It has the bonus side effect of giving you tons of stars (or just use cheat engine to cheat up stars like I initially did) so you can buy out cards. The way the cards work is you can only have so many of each card so like say you get 9 dash cards, you're maxed out and can't receive anymore so they're not an option for the booster pack anymore. You just buy and buy til you have all the cards. Lets you play around with some of the cooler stuff and helps make things like Pro Chicken more fun since I can build a deck around that now.

The control + shift superspeed thing only works in single player though.

There are some other hidden store options but Idk specifics on getting them, something about halloween and christmas clothes.

Idk if thread mentioned it yet but when you're building your deck, there's a thing at the top that says "1 2 3 S" and that's to save your deck for that particular character. You hit S and then click a number to save your current card loadout to that number for that character.

Lastly, don't try to cheat for multiplayer cause the game has VAC and idk if cheat engine will get you vac banned for cheating in single player but multiplayer is where all the exp level poo poo comes from anyway so don't mess with that stuff.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I cheated to have all the stars because gently caress grinding for stars

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk if thread mentioned it yet but when you're building your deck, there's a thing at the top that says "1 2 3 S" and that's to save your deck for that particular character. You hit S and then click a number to save your current card loadout to that number for that character.
The greatest mystery solved.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

After playing single player for a while I have come to the realization that Hime is a real fucker.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
After playing single player for awhile I've decided to just cheat.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My only "cheat engine" is Satan.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Droyer posted:

After playing single player for a while I have come to the realization that Hime is a real fucker.
The final challenge that must be beaten to unlock her involves playing against three Himes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im too stupid to understand how to cheat

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Remain pure, it's the moral thing to do

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I can change star totals and keep them fixed, but haven't found hp or win count. Also I have to redo it every time I start the game up. Honestly doing casual difficulty like that hasn't been too terrible.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres 2 popos in this mission!!!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You might say she's ubiquitous.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the poppos keep killing each other. oh the humanity

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

There can be only one.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Instead of playing single player I decided to do literally anything else.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I tried one round of the single player. Yeah, it's bullshit.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Let's play.

Room: ADTRW
Pass: goons

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
On one hand, it annoys me when people use cheat engine on games I beat legit:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276276748

But on the other hand, I really don't feel like playing another multi game with the deck 3/4 crap cards.

So do whatever I guess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Guide to cheating with cheat engine:

Step 1. Open cheat engine and open the process in cheat engine you wish to cheat (100% Orange Juice in this case, should be easy to find)

Step 2. Start a single player game and look at your star count. Type this number into the "Value" part and click "First Scan" while making sure scan type is set to Exact Value and value type is set to 4 Bytes. Clicking "First Scan" should bring up a whole buncha numbers.

Step 3. Do anything to change your star value in the game (ie lose a star, get a new star, anything that changes its initial value to a new value that is not the same as its initial value). Enter this new value into cheat engine in the "Value" section and click "Next Scan" (do NOT click new scan or you will have to start this process over). Clicking "next scan" should bring up a bunch of numbers, but a much smaller amount of them.

Step 4. Repeat Step 3 (changing your star value, placing this changed value into the "value" section and clicking "next scan") until you end up with only 2 results left. These 2 values are your star value. You will want to highlight these values, click "Add selected values to the address list", and then highlight both addresses in the address list (holding shift lets you select multiple addresses) and double click the value while continuing to hold down shift and you will be asked to set the value of the addresses. Set it to some high number above 200. From there, you will want to look at the address list and click the checkbox on both of these values (located at the far left of the addresses) in order to "freeze" the address at that value.

Step 5. Play the game as normal, holding down control and shift to vastly speed up turns and always choose the star normas and you will win the round in around 2-5 minutes. As an added bonus, you can keep the values frozen at that number and as long as all you are doing is playing single player, the game will remember that your stars are set to whatever high number you set them at for each new game. Just remember to close out of cheat engine when playing multiplayer though, unless you want to get VAC banned for 100% Orange Juice of all things.

For some added insurance with the campaign, you can repeat steps 2-4 using the star values of your enemies and force them to constantly have 0 stars or use it with your HP value to force yourself to have a large amount of infinite HP so that you can't ever be killed. Remember that when you do this once, as long as you don't close out of cheat engine or close out of 100% OJ or go into 100% OJ's multiplayer mode, you can continue to play single player with these same addresses' values frozen no matter how many new single player games you start, so with this method you can easily complete the campaigns and extra levels to unlock the rest of the characters.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

By the way, where's our Steam group?

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Slur posted:

By the way, where's our Steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/badtouchscene

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In my fast forwarded cheated haste poppo still won...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

the wildest rear end posted:

In my fast forwarded cheated haste poppo still won...

This is why I cheat down their stars and cheat up my HP

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
100% Orange Juice is the funniest game I've played all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

100% Orange Juice is the funniest game I've played all year.

I got Lemon down twice and THEY STILL COULDN'T PULL OFF A WIN.

• Locked thread