Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
So I have a tablet that I primarily pull out for reading. It is very old. A classic kindle HD 8.9 which is rooted to CMod. Every time I try to reboot it, I then get spammed with messages 'Unfortunately x has stopped'. Is there any way to fix this short of a complete flash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm totally shocked that a tablet running an unsupported OS would have problems.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
That is true, but for some reason amazon decided to completely lock out google play on their kindle line because the kindle app store is vastly inferior and amazon needs some way of propping up their failing ecosystem. So I was forced to root it. Would not recommend Kindles to anyone tech savvy.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 28, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe you should run stock since you use it primarily for reading?

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
If you absolutely must have the play store, it looks like there are quite a few guides on how to add it to the stock OS.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Have you tried to flash it with the latest motorola xoom firmware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

E: drat it, wrong android thread.

• Locked thread