Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Quincyh posted:

Hey instead of talking about pits AGAIN, answer this question: Was anyone ever weirdly aggressive with you when you tried to do some enforcing, and how did you handle it?

I approve of pit talk in this, a bad thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Quincyh posted:

Ugh FINE let's talk about pits again. You first.

This thread. It's a pit. Euth this thread. Euth it good.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Flavor Truck posted:

She tried to corner me near her backyard so I drew my baton and threatened her with it.

I'm glad you threaten unarmed people who are trying to figure out what the gently caress trespassers are doing on their property. Thieves and serial killers can buy uniforms of all sorts pretty easily. Good job. Given your profession in lawisms I'm glad you didn't shoot her but that's probably just because you didn't have a gun.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Flavor Truck posted:

It was dark, fucker. She had keys and a padlock in her hand. She is a well-known crazy person. Does that change your reaction to my bad post?

Not even remotely. Hopefully they hired somebody that's good at their job and actually knows something about animals, but I doubt it. You're a shining example of the morons they hire to be ACOs in a hell of a lot of areas.

To be honest, that just makes my reaction worse. "Oh no. She had a key and a padlock and she's well known to be an untreated mentally ill person. I better put her in a situation where she feels threatened enough to attack me so I can beat the poo poo out of her or at least threaten to do that." She could've gone inside and come back out with a gun. You escalated the situation when you were in no direct danger because a padlock and keys might give you a goose egg if she has very very good aim (and since it was dark, she likely does not). If you're so loving stupid that you think lurking around someone's property in the dark, escalating the situation and threatening a (supposedly well-known, so I'm assuming you're right) mentally ill person with a baton when they are unarmed (a padlock and keys when she is outside is not being armed, you loving moron, it is carrying around typical yard things) then I hope you never have another job with any sort of authority and you get whatever therapy you need to solve your hosed up issues.

The best decision your city ever made was firing your stupid rear end. Your answers make you not only uneducated, but you are unfit for any sort of employment in that capacity if "threaten a person with a baton and a beating because they have a PADLOCK in their hand" is for real your response to your (incorrectly) perceived danger.

The most hilarious part of it is that she wasn't even threatening you. Hell, if I came out of my fence to investigate something I'd have a padlock and keys too because those are on my fence and I would carry them when I left my fence so I did not lose them like most people do when they have a padlock on their fence. So I guess that makes me dangerous enough to be threatened with police brutality for walking out of my yard to investigate what the lurker is doing near or on my property in the loving dark. gently caress you, guy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh, so it's even better. He didn't even announce himself. He just stood there blankly staring on the street like an idiot in the dark then threatened an unarmed, likely untreated mentally ill person who was probably terrified that there was someone lurking near her property in the dark. Gotcha. It doesn't take two minutes to mount the stairs and knock on a door, even for somebody goonsized.

poo poo, if he'd done that in some areas he would have gotten shot or shot at.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

This dude can't tell the difference between a dangerous situation and a terrified homeowner so I don't think his general understanding of anything is very good.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

khy posted:

But... isn't going up to the door to knock how you announce yourself? Or do you live in an area where people are supposed to scream their presence at houses from street level before approaching the front door?

As for 'lurking near her property' his stated reason of making sure the noise complaint seems pretty legit to me, especially if he deals with a fair amount of calls where he finds no actual noise. Granted, I don't know what area he's from but in the area in which I live the Animal Control vehicles are fairly obvious and even in the dark it'd be kind of a stretch to see one and mistake it for like a rape van or something.

Man people get oversensitive in these threads.

I've lived all over the US at this point and animal control vehicles differ a hell of a lot. And to be honest, if somebody is lurking outside my house at 2am I'm not going to carefully look amongst vehicles parked on the street or in my driveway for somebody official. He never knocked on the door. He never announced who he was. The lady had every right in the world to be freaked out.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

khy posted:

Actually the fact that he didn't knock on the door immediately might even be taken as a good thing. Had he arrived and not heard any noise, should he have approached, knocked/rang the bell, woken up the household just to tell them that someone else had complained but he couldn't substantiate the claims so have a nice day?

Yes, actually, that is exactly what he should have done.

Some goons are like literally retarded. You don't just assume somebody standing outside your house staring at it at 2 am is a safe and innocent person.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Slugworth posted:

Do you live in an area where somebody standing on the street needs to immediately identify themselves to every home in the immediate vicinity? Because he was standing in the street. Giving the dogs a couple minutes to quiet down on their own before intervening. In the street. Not on anyone's property. Not skulking through someone's bushes.

He was staring at their house. I don't care if you're passing by. If you are staring at my house at 2 am you better have a drat good reason for being out there.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

khy posted:

If I have a good reason (Valid noise complaint) and I approach your door to knock are you going to gun me down while I'm still approaching on the walk or would you at least give me the courtesy of being able to reach the door and press the bell/use the knocker before going full psycho on me?

No you loving moron. If you approach my door and knock I'm going to say "Hi what do you need?" and if you're courteous I will also be courteous. If you threaten me with a baton I will say "what the gently caress is wrong with you" and close the door. If you attack me, then I'm shooting you or stabbing you or whatever I have about to defend myself with.

Maybe I'll have to use a hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

E: ^^^^ I hope your question is answered. I would like to note I am not thread making GBS threads. I am pointing out how completely unacceptable this dude's reaction was to people who don't seem to be able to understand this. Somehow.

khy posted:

Well then if you're not a crazy person who overreacts and goes psycho on people before they get a chance to knock/announce themselves why are you trying to defend one?

If you really think that threatening someone with a baton is an appropriate reaction when they are known to be mentally ill, you are absolutely fuckin nuts.

Slugworth posted:

Like standing outside waiting for a cab? Waiting for a friend? Smoking a cigarette? Coming out of my house to see why my rear end in a top hat neighbor won't shut their loving dogs up at 2am when I am trying to sleep? Like literally any of the hundreds of reasons a person might have to stand on a street, at which point their attention might be drawn to the two dogs incessantly barking at 2 in the morning?

Or of course maybe by 'drat good reason' you meant like 'being an animal control officer called out to check on a noise complaint'?

You don't stand there staring at somebody else's house at 2 am, on their side of the street, like some sort of nut job. And this person had no idea who the gently caress this guy was. That is my whole point. We are aware of what his retarded rear end was. She wasn't. Of course she freaked out. Anybody would. And this person is already known to be unstable or mentally ill in some way. You don't threaten an unarmed, scared person with a baton or any other weapon. If he'd have hit her he could've been jailed for assault.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 2, 2015

• Locked thread