Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Zyla posted:

Massachusetts to la

Check some bus lines? Quick google search showed that a bus route is cheaper than getting flights now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Zyla posted:

how can i get there as cheaply as possible?

a bus?

can i do an indie gogo to get me to the show

Greyhound from Boston to LA takes literally three days, I know someone who's done it.

Your best bet if you don't want to drop $400 on round trip plane tickets is to yell at those assholes for running on the wrong coast and then go to the ROH Brooklyn show instead and see Nakamura, Okada, and KUSHIDA. That's my plan of action at least.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

argh, maybe i can do some heyman esqe bereavement fare hijinx

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3 days bus is 6 days travel for a 3 day event, thats 9 days required leave, its prolly better to bite the bullet and fly

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you're gonna bus, go to king of trios that has a good lineup

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Will work let me off if I walk to California for PWG BOLA 2015 as a spirit quest?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Howling Man posted:

Will work let me off if I walk to California for PWG BOLA 2015 as a spirit quest?

do ayahuasca with matt sydal.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

minoru suzuki posted:

3 days bus is 6 days travel for a 3 day event, thats 9 days required leave, its prolly better to bite the bullet and fly

its not like anyone would miss me for that time!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Does Dave like tar

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

let's get dave hosed up y'all!!!!!!!!!!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
please god let me sit next to dynamite dave at bola

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
going to need to get dave tanked and spill his guts about his joshi paramours.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
How much extra could PWG charge if there were a separate ticket tier of "the seats next to Dave Meltzer?"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Young Pageviews posted:

How much extra could PWG charge if there were a separate ticket tier of "the seats next to Dave Meltzer?"

In all seriousness if they aren't going to run a bigger building they'd probably be smart to up their prices.BOLA given that they're drawing a shitload of people willing to fly to watch wrestling anyway.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Young Pageviews posted:

those would go for a lot of cash. i would shell out lots of money to sit next to uncle dave for three nights and buy him a bunch of cheap beer

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

In all seriousness if they aren't going to run a bigger building they'd probably be smart to up their prices.BOLA given that they're drawing a shitload of people willing to fly to watch wrestling anyway.

shut up!!!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

shut up!!!

what's 45 extra bucks if you're paying $400 for plane tickets, plus however much for hotel rooms, a rental car, food, and other entertainment?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a penny saved is a penny earned

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i would like to completely rip off mrt's idea and suggest we all meet up for korean bbq/super china buffet/something before one of the shows

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

minoru suzuki posted:

i would like to completely rip off mrt's idea and suggest we all meet up for korean bbq/super china buffet/something before one of the shows

I'm up for this.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thauros posted:

Tickets have already gone to WWE prices. I don't need them to be more expensive.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I will be going.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

one of you going hold up a sign that says "wheres the beef" so I can see it and cry when the dvds come out

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

one of you going hold up a sign that says "wheres the beef" so I can see it and cry when the dvds come out

who the gently caress brings a sign to a pwg show

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

loving dorks.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I don't think I've ever seen anybody bring a sign to any of the year's worth of shows I've been going to. You'd be better off asking people to start a chant.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im going to bring a sign that says "i brought a loving sign to a pwg show"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

minoru suzuki posted:

im going to bring a sign that says "i brought a loving sign to a pwg show"

and then I will beat your butt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Threemendous tickets sold out in less than 5 minutes and the site crashed a lot. this is gonna be bad

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you're on the website right when they go up its easy. Working nights is a problem though I might have to put in PTO just to buy tickets

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm seeing tweets about the site intermittently crashing 5 minutes before they were supposed to be on sale. anecdotal but y'know.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

i'm seeing tweets about the site intermittently crashing 5 minutes before they were supposed to be on sale. anecdotal but y'know.

It actually does this before every show afaik. Definitely did right before BOLA went on sale last year then worked fine, albeit slow, when tickets went up

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

KungFu Grip posted:

Bring one for the beefer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will bring one for the beefer. for beef waifu.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

If you're on the website right when they go up its easy. Working nights is a problem though I might have to put in PTO just to buy tickets

I had to work a shift swap today to make sure I was home in time to get my Threemendous ticket. Luckily it's not too hard most of the time for me to get an earlier shift on days where tickets go on sale.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
None of us are gonna be able to score tickets goddammit.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

None of us are gonna be able to score tickets goddammit.

Just be on the website right at 8.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mystery vortex preview up!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veFDz4ZxKIA

also here's the angle that closed that show!!!!!!! get familiar!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPyJlKEQn9E

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

epitasis posted:

mystery vortex preview up!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veFDz4ZxKIA

also here's the angle that closed that show!!!!!!! get familiar!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPyJlKEQn9E

My favorite part has to be Excalibur being in shock about Dragon joining up with Roddy and the Bucks and getting in his face, only to eat a curb stomp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Something I just thought of today at work: if anybody coming to BOLA from out of town would like me to buy them a Tozawa shirt at Threemendous and pay me back in August, I can work that out. Just let me know before Friday so I can make sure I have enough cash because I try to get out of town as early as possible on PWG days so I can beat the worst of the traffic.

• Locked thread