Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am out of this meet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I would like to go.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

shhhh

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This is gonna be nerve wrecking.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So what are some match-ups you want to see booked for BOLA?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jubs posted:

So what are some match-ups you want to see booked for BOLA?

Just tournament matches, or are we talking non-tourney tags too? I really, really hope Pentagon Jr./Zack Sabre Jr. happens at some point.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Just tournament matches, or are we talking non-tourney tags too? I really, really hope Pentagon Jr./Zack Sabre Jr. happens at some point.

First round matches

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The first thing that jumped to mind is Tommy End vs. Trevor Lee but I could def. spend a few hours fantasizing

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jubs posted:

First round matches

Aerostar/Sydal, Osprey/Ricochet, Thatcher/Sabre, Andrews/Bailey all seem like really fun matchups with a clear winner to me. I'm trying to think of a good striker to put with Tommy except for Hero since they already had a match, Galloway maybe?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

once i see pentagon/bailey i can go home

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

once i see pentagon/bailey i can go home

Neither of those guys should be losing in the first round imo, that matchup screams opener of Night 3 to me. Then Zack beats Pentagon to go to the finals.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Trevor/Biff/Pents as finals, Super Dragon. Please and thank you.

edit: poo poo, forgot about ZSJ... uh.. Dammit

TUS fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 27, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

angelico vs galloway maybe

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wont be able to be there, but Pentagon jr vs ZSJ or Busick please

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
tarpits v tar pits

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I'm not sure if the Lucha Underground guys can speak much English. That would make it very tough for them to plan out matches with everyone else.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Given that they all work with English-speaking workers all the time in LU, and that like half of them are native or near-native English speakers anyways, I wouldn't be too worried.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TUS posted:

Trevor/Biff/Pents as finals, Super Dragon. Please and thank you.

edit: poo poo, forgot about ZSJ... uh.. Dammit

I'm betting Trevor/Ricochet/Sabre with Zack submitting Trevor personally. I've already explained why I think Zack's winning the whole thing this year, and I'm even more confident in that opinion after he beat Hero at Mystery Vortex III. Zack has yet to lose a match in PWG to anyone other than the currently reigning champion, and against both Roddy and Kyle he was portrayed as taking them to the limit. Ricochet also hasn't lost a singles match in PWG except his title shot against Kyle in ages, so I think to protect that he has to at least make the finals. Unless you do a Rushmore post-match attack like Roddy did to Kyle last year, but 1) they just did that, and 2) Roddy was at least in the bracket last year and nobody from Rushmore 2.0 is this time. Then you just need someone reasonably popular and well-booked to take the fall, and the obvious candidates for that to me seem like Cage or Trevor (maybe Biff now that he's winning matches), unless they want to really get behind one of the outsiders to mix it up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Given that they all work with English-speaking workers all the time in LU, and that like half of them are native or near-native English speakers anyways, I wouldn't be too worried.

Give me an example of an amazing match with a lucha guy vs an American that isn't in AAA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mike bailey is winning the whole thing, brother

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

mike bailey is winning the whole thing, brother

Honestly, after Friday I could see it. It would surprise me, but people are going nuts for him right now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gulak vs Sabre Jr
Sydal vs Mark Andews
Speedball Bailey vs Jack Evans
Hero vs Thatcher

I'm sure Evans and Angelico could help plan matches between the Lucha guys if there is a language barrier. Holy poo poo I didn't know Drago was loving 40 years old.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hello they just announced GA tix are $55 per night and front row is $70

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how much were the shows leading up to this or last year's BOLA

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hopefully that's just a temporary increase from the expense of booking all those European and Mexican dudes and not the going rate, because drat.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Jubs posted:

Give me an example of an amazing match with a lucha guy vs an American that isn't in AAA.

Rey Mysterio vs. literally anyone he ever wrestled in this country. Also, these are hilariously narrow rules, Japanese wrestlers who probably barely speak any English have 4+ star matches with MGKA, AJ, Ricochet, etc. all the loving time.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KungFu Grip posted:

how much were the shows leading up to this or last year's BOLA

Just went back and checked my Paypal receipts. BOLA last year (when I started going) was 40 per night, GA went up to 45 for Don't Sweat the Technique in April.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Rey Mysterio vs. literally anyone he ever wrestled in this country. Also, these are hilariously narrow rules, Japanese wrestlers who probably barely speak any English have 4+ star matches with MGKA, AJ, Ricochet, etc. all the loving time.

The thing is, Rey Mysterio can speak English. Aero Star, Drago and Pentagon Jr. cannot.

Working out super fast-paced Lucha spots is much different than working a much slower Puro style. Also, the Dragon Gate guys can speak English.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jubs posted:

The thing is, Rey Mysterio can speak English. Aero Star, Drago and Pentagon Jr. cannot.

Working out super fast-paced Lucha spots is much different than working a much slower Puro style. Also, the Dragon Gate guys can speak English.

We get it, you're super racist against Mexican wrestlers. Chill out there Hogan

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

epitasis posted:

hello they just announced GA tix are $55 per night and front row is $70

poo poo man I really hope this is just bola prices. I'm not sure I could handle more ticket increases.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rick knox vs dick justice

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

front row here I come

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

front row here I come

You may catch a tope

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Am I crazy or did they list first round matches before tickets went on sale last year? I remember there being a reason why I went with Night Two.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Del Raminos posted:

Am I crazy or did they list first round matches before tickets went on sale last year? I remember there being a reason why I went with Night Two.

They did, the cards for Nights 1 and 2 were out there before tickets went on sale.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I'm getting GA only because I feel like if front row gets sold out I might not have a chance of grabbing GA tickets.

Matt Jackson was saying because of it being BOLA weekend the most sure way of getting in without tickets is to show up at like 4 hours before the show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

quote:

Tommy End/Marty Scurll/Zack Sabre, Jr. face The Young Bucks & Roderick Strong in a non-tournament match on N1 of BOLA!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I'm getting GA only because I feel like if front row gets sold out I might not have a chance of grabbing GA tickets.

Matt Jackson was saying because of it being BOLA weekend the most sure way of getting in without tickets is to show up at like 4 hours before the show.

Yeah, if you show up at the Legion hall at like 4 you'll be near the front of the door ticket line. Hopefully the people in the group who actually get tickets can save seats for the rest of us.

That Night One tag match should be loving rad, I know Scurll and Zack tag some on the English scene when Zack's not in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

quote:

@OfficialPWG: Andrew Everett/Trevor Lee/Biff Busick face The Young Bucks & Super Dragon in the first ever six-man Guerrilla Warfare match on N2 of BOLA!

• Locked thread