Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
wn.

Sadness: Charlie Brown
Joy: Snoopy
Fear: Charlie Brown
Disgust: Lucy
Anger: Charlie Brown again, I guess

so as you can see the estate of charles schultz should sue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

beer pal

lol

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

shabbat goy

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
slavoj zizek

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dogcrash truther
on another note is Godzilla Japanese? If he was created in international waters then he's probably stateless.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

dogcrash truther posted:

on another note is Godzilla Japanese? If he was created in international waters then he's probably stateless.

Godzilla is a 日本国籍取得者 (nihon kokuseki shutokusha)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bwee

Bwee

oliwan posted:

slavoj zizek

don't type this or you'll summon dpj

smoobles

Many people here remember the first Hulk film. It was maligned by nearly every critic, and that hatred was magnified by the movie going public.

The film had a problematic production schedule, and a leak of a early workprint cemented the negative rumours that were already going about the internet about the film.

But beneath all that hate and criticism it seems to me that the film is in fact a masterpiece. Let us look at all the facts. The film was directed by legendary director Ang Lee who had just finished filming Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. He is far from one to shy away from violence. We had the actors, they were all top class. Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Sam Elliot, and Nick Nolte. All have been nominated or were nominated for Oscars at one point or another in the career.

The filmed was cerebral and strange. Almost surreal in nature. I remember being drawn to it time and time again because of this. I feel that Ang Lee in analyzing the themes presented by the concept of the Hulk approached it in a very realistic manner, and a manner that is too dramatic for the common filmgoer. It feels like a art house film more than your modern blockbuster and that what makes me like it so much. In Eric Bana's troubled and brooding Bruce Banner you find a figure with so much mystery. The genius in this representation is that this troubled history is not only hidden by Banner, but Banner himself is not aware of it nor does he display it in his interactions with others. Even though all the warnings signs are there. It is not a part of his exterior image, but belongs to his inner psyche, his subconscious, bubbling beneath the surface of what he thinks is the real him.

I don't think I've seen such a nuanced and well put together exploration of the human psyche in a film featuring a comic book character in my life before. It reminds me quite a bit of the film Unbreakable in it's pacing and nuance.

The themes throughout the film were featured it in a time where they were neither politically wise nor popular. It is a post-obama film seemingly flung into the middle of a post-9/11 world. The destructive nature of the military-industrial complex and its leaders as depicted in The Hulk are the exact antithesis of later Marvel films with their SHIELD and Nick Fury. So many things ring so true in ways that are surprisingly fresh even today.

I think the way this film has been treated is criminal. Its take on the superhero genre was far ahead of its time. It approached the subject matter in a way only other directors could dream of. Compared to this film Nolan's Batman treatment are mere hack jobs.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

the unabonger
o Brienis

google THIS

google THIS

that was a good movie tho

Darkman Fanpage

dogcrash truther posted:

godZilla would not exist without american ingenuity

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you break it (a lizard's dna then mutated fantastically) you bought it (the resultant giant lizard monster)

dogcrash truther

Darkman Fanpage posted:

godZilla would not exist without american ingenuity

so hes american then? i guess that makes sense

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

he is the result of american nuclear explosions mutating the population of an isolated island you be the judge

Commie NedFlanders

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Bwee posted:

don't type this or you'll summon dpj

your being a jerk

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

also i didn't read the op who is charlie bro

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

yo wassup it's me charlie bro get out of my way

Commie NedFlanders

Bo-Pepper posted:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

who bought me this av anyway?

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

i am he

Commie NedFlanders posted:

who bought me this av anyway?

me

saboten

thanks

thank u bacalou

Commie NedFlanders

you rear end in a top hat,

why dontcha buy me a new one

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i can draw you a thing

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

dogcrash truther
When Charlie Brown grows up, he's definitely a bro

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

charlie bro's got an std but he don't tell no one got it

Commie NedFlanders

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

charlie bro's one of those fat bros that no one even gives the basic respect your usual bro gets out of fear of their physical presence

i am he

Commie NedFlanders posted:

you rear end in a top hat,

why dontcha buy me a new one

i dont havde any money

Commie NedFlanders

that's an understandable reason, no problem, all is forgiven.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

if anyone else is interested i'll trade a drawing for an av cert

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

inri has one