Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ive neer played any of the mario and luigi rpg games but my friend recently dug up a bunch of gba cartridges out of his closet and let meborrow it. im 10 hours in and i think it is just great. i would recommend it to anyone who loves mario and having a good time gaming. are the other games in the series as good as this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i remember the rom for this leaked before the game came out

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Partners in Time is not quite as good, but still fun.

I mysteriously found a Bowser's Inside Story cartridge one time, and just as mysteriously lost it before finishing the game.

I just started Dream Team.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Caithness posted:

Partners in Time is not quite as good, but still fun.

I mysteriously found a Bowser's Inside Story cartridge one time, and just as mysteriously lost it before finishing the game.

I just started Dream Team.

is bowsers inside story good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

It and Dream Team are my favorite mario rpgs.

It's a game where bowser is the main character you tell me if that's good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i love mario

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

youve come to the right place, friend

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
great gameplay and super funny. i wish it had was more endgame content like a bonus boss but that's not a big deal, still way better than the other rpgs on gba at the time (golden sun)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

owl milk posted:

great gameplay and super funny. i wish it had was more endgame content like a bonus boss but that's not a big deal, still way better than the other rpgs on gba at the time (golden sun)

if your going to talk poo poo about golden sun im going to have to ask you to leave

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
the first game was pretty tight and so was the beginning of the second but once you got the ship it went to hell. never gave enough direction on where to go next, like when finding the trident pieces. i think there was something bad around or right before jupiter tower too? those were the first times i used gamefaqs

played superstar saga right afterwards and the straightforwardness was super refreshing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

first one and bowser's inside story are the best. dream team would be good except it never leaves tutorial mode and it lasts 20 hours longer than it needed to. i don't think partners in time is as bad as other people say but its definitely the weakest in the series

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

same

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

if your going to talk poo poo about golden sun im going to have to ask you to leave

Mario RPGs are really good but yeah dude golden sun is very good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Most Mario RPG games are really good honestly, my favorite will always be SMRPG partly out of nostalgia but also because it's a really good game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

These games are fun, and Paper Jam is going to be so sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

:yeah:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played the ricochet minigame a ton in this and got really good at it. The whole game is good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can you unban BBG for Metal Gear July, please?

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/gift-certificate.php
Please only post about Mario games in here.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

go away

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:mario: It's a me Mario! I ain'ta giving you any more gold coins! Fix your own mistake, mamma Mia! :mario:

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

rediscover posted:

Yes but there's not as much fun side content as Superstar Saga, so not as good. I think the new games carry over the uninteresting firefly character thing instead of starting fresh like previous ones. I haven't played them though.

Partners In Time does feel like it's missing something. Still, I don't think I've heard anyone say it's bad.

owl milk posted:

i wish it had was more endgame content like a bonus boss but that's not a big deal

I think there's one if you beat the first six boss refights. Just prepare for the battles to drag on a bit.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I hope they don't gently caress it up like Sticker Star

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I hope they don't gently caress it up like Sticker Star

i don't think the paper mario guys are even working on the game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

In Training posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mabels big day posted:

They aren't. They're doing Fire Emblem.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

The Paper Mario guys have completely lost their minds, thankfully, and are making Fire Emblem.

Edit: Beaten

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Intelligent Systems...are bad now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Pushmo games are good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Intelligent Systems...are bad now.
No matter how many bad games they make I can never hate them because of Tetris Attack, Thousand Year Door and the Wario Ware games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Intelligent Systems isn't bad. Losing your mind doesn't make you bad, hell it can even make you better.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

frank.club posted:

Mario RPGs are really good but yeah dude golden sun is very good

golden sun is incredibly bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If you think Advance Wars, Warioware and Fire Emblem are bad games you should be raped to death by a thousand turks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They haven't made games in two of those series since they became bad.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

shut the gently caress up!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

IntSys is a shell of its former self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

youre upsetting me

• Locked thread