Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silentq15
Nov 28, 2008

Its already broken so yeah.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Minidust posted:

I can add things to My Music, but then it never actually shows up with my music. Does it have to be downloaded locally for it to show up there?

Do you have it set to show only local music?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Dancing Peasant posted:

No more Landscape mode? Ugh :(

This is a good thing and I love it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Endless Mike posted:

Do you have it set to show only local music?
I did have that option set in the old app. Where would I find it here?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Minidust posted:

I did have that option set in the old app. Where would I find it here?

Same place, different name. Settings>Music>Show Apple Music

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Is there a way to uncensor Beats 1? iTunes Radio used to have an on/off switch for explicit content but I can't find it.

Minidust posted:

Wait a minute, so embedded album art on your local music actually gets overruled by whatever's on the Apple Music server? That is some poo poo right there. On first glance I just thought the outside art was being used for the artist view, which would be fine.

EDIT: I accept your judgment in advance for the Linkin Park. But seriously, look at this poo poo:

again, this is LOCAL music. wtf

Hahaha

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

TheJoker138 posted:

Same place, different name. Settings>Music>Show Apple Music
Huh. Yeah, that's been on the whole time actually. Guess poo poo's just buggy now.

Hopefully the album art BS is just an early bug as well. But I guess it kinda has to be an intentional thing. poo poo.

EDIT: and now it's showing the Apple Music stuff in my library just fine. Huh ok.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 30, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bass Bottles posted:

Is there a way to uncensor Beats 1? iTunes Radio used to have an on/off switch for explicit content but I can't find it.

Beats 1 is a live station with an actual DJ playing specific tracks, so no. The other non-Beats 1 radio stuff should still have an option somewhere...probably...

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Beats 1 is a live station with an actual DJ playing specific tracks, so no. The other non-Beats 1 radio stuff should still have an option somewhere...probably...

That's annoying. I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to just have the computer system run two synchronized streams at once, regardless of whether a human or computer is pressing the play button.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Now playing on Yuzu radio

For reference, this is Yuzu. Wires got crossed somewhere.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
When I "heart" a song on Beats 1 or whatever, where the hell does that go? Any list of liked songs somewhere?

Nevermind, Apple actually doesn't let you like songs on Beats 1, the heart icon just likes the entire Beats 1 station. Really dumb implementation.

Bass Bottles posted:

That's annoying. I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to just have the computer system run two synchronized streams at once, regardless of whether a human or computer is pressing the play button.

You're not really understanding the gimmick of Beats 1. It is so-called human-curated. There will be only 1 stream. Apple is paying one DJ or another 24 hours a day.

I just love how we're taking something that was a given before computer-driven radio, and we're branding it as something new. It's like straight out of "Silicon Valley."

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 30, 2015

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

Is there any way to enable streaming over data without enabling app downloads over data? I only see one toggle for use cellular data or not.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Michael Scott posted:

When I "heart" a song on Beats 1 or whatever, where the hell does that go? Any list of liked songs somewhere?

You're not really understanding the gimmick of Beats 1. It is so-called human-curated. There will be only 1 stream. Apple is paying a DJ 24 hours a day.

No, I understand that. Doesn't mean they can't have two separate but totally synced-up streams as long as the edited and non-edited tracks are identical in length.

Take advantage of being on the internet instead of just making another radio station.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I won't post any more examples after this, but it's really pissing me off:

Okay like obviously it doesn't like the way I tagged the track, with the reissue year in the album title. But why does it go changing poo poo if it doesn't see an exact match in the iTunes Store. I'm also noticing tons of songs where the art changes to a "greatest hits" album cover, and pretty much anything from a compilation CD has something new pulled for it. Ugh this is so bad. If this starts happening in the Windows iTunes client too I'm gonna kill somebody.

EDIT: I just want to clarify that all my files have embedded art already. The app isn't compensating for missing info.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 30, 2015

ray_finkle_himself
Sep 7, 2012
So is any of this content available through itunes on a PC or is it all on the mobile app?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ray_finkle_himself posted:

So is any of this content available through itunes on a PC or is it all on the mobile app?

Only if you have a 32bit PC

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

ray_finkle_himself posted:

iTunes hasn't updated yet for me at least. It'll probably be in the new version.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Minidust posted:

Wait a minute, so embedded album art on your local music actually gets overruled by whatever's on the Apple Music server? That is some poo poo right there. On first glance I just thought the outside art was being used for the artist view, which would be fine.

EDIT: I accept your judgment in advance for the Linkin Park. But seriously, look at this poo poo:

again, this is LOCAL music. wtf

EDIT 2: the changed art shows up in 3rd party music apps too. drat it.

THis is some straight bullshit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Michael Scott posted:

Nevermind, Apple actually doesn't let you like songs on Beats 1, the heart icon just likes the entire Beats 1 station. Really dumb implementation.
You can, at least, go into your play history, and add it to your libary, then heart it from there.

It's dumb, but at least it's an option.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Thanks. One of the songs they just played on Beats 1 started with the iPhone default ringtone that everybody uses. Definitely just interrupted a few hundred thousand people checking their phones haha.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

These hosed up album/artist art are loving hilarious.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Hahaha.

I can't tell Apple Music what kind of music I'm into because these genre bubbles are too tall for me to scroll through on my 4s. They get stuck between the text and the "you" circle.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Bass Bottles posted:

I can't tell Apple Music what kind of music I'm into because these genre bubbles are too tall for me to scroll through on my 4s. They get stuck between the text and the "you" circle.

Looks like you need a new phone, you destitute son of a bitch.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

tuyop posted:

iTunes hasn't updated yet for me at least. It'll probably be in the new version.

It's supposed to be up sometime today.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
I upgraded my iPhone to 8.4 this morning and turned on Apple Music and things seem to be working (I can add things to my library, save for offline use, etc). I then upgraded my iPad later and while my iTunes library music is there, I didn't see any of the music I added this morning. Does my music not sync by default? If so that's a disappointment.

edit: figured it out, didn't have iCloud Library turned on for my iPad

Settings -> Music -> iCloud Music Library

CoasterMaster fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 30, 2015

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
For anyone who's interested:
Inside of iTunes -> Radio Tab -> My Stations -> Click + -> Type 'Beats 1' -> Click Add -> Listen to Beats 1 on iTunes.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
This means you don't need to be a Member to listen to B1. Cool.

VVVV Yuuuuup.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 30, 2015

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Beats 1 plays some good music but a lot of it is really annoying and exhausting.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Feenix posted:

You sure? BBC 1 and such do this ALL the time. Still.

Yeah, this is more of a disconnect between British and U.S. Radio. They don't talk over the song itself here. They do there, and for long stretches of time.
Since most indie pop fans in America are actually just mainstream British pop-rock fans, the more hipstery among us already know this well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Question Mark Mound posted:

That's my point, I want them to stop being just "a radio station."

Me too. And my point was... I don't know if they will.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I've not updated yet, but in the U.S. do the radio hosts really speak over the songs?!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hamburlgar posted:

I've not updated yet, but in the U.S. do the radio hosts really speak over the songs?!

Yes.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Only over the introductory music parts. They stop talking right as the lyrics start.

I think it started as a way to thwart home taping(?) which was KILLING MUSIC.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They also tend to talk over the last few bars of the songs too.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Get your requests in: http://applemusic.tumblr.com/requests

I seriously feel like it's 1998 again or something.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

ryangs posted:

Jesus loving poo poo wipe. This is the first time I have really felt the "Apple is loving us again!" rage.
lol why do you care?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

lol why do you care?

Also wondering this. All the features of the old music app, and laid out in a much more intuitive, smarter, cleaner way (no having to scroll through every loving song in an album, for instance) are in that My Music tab. My only nitpick is I wish that was where it went by default when you opened it instead of the For You tab.

Also I called that request line and requested they stop talking so much, because I'm twelve years old.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Also wondering this. All the features of the old music app, and laid out in a much more intuitive, smarter, cleaner way (no having to scroll through every loving song in an album, for instance) are in that My Music tab. My only nitpick is I wish that was where it went by default when you opened it instead of the For You tab.

Also I called that request line and requested they stop talking so much, because I'm twelve years old.

If you're not subscribed to Apple Music it actually does default to "My Music." At least, it did before I signed up for the trial. After I signed up, the "My Music" tab was shifted all the way to the right side and no longer the default.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bass Bottles posted:

If you're not subscribed to Apple Music it actually does default to "My Music." At least, it did before I signed up for the trial. After I signed up, the "My Music" tab was shifted all the way to the right side and no longer the default.

I signed up immediately so I never saw it without it being all the way over to the right. They should let you set which tab it goes to when you launch the app, really. But that's a minor complaint and not worth any "apple is loving us again!" rage, as that guy put it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

maduin posted:

For anyone who's interested:
Inside of iTunes -> Radio Tab -> My Stations -> Click + -> Type 'Beats 1' -> Click Add -> Listen to Beats 1 on iTunes.
This works, but for some reason it seems to be delayed by half an hour or so.

• Locked thread