Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Clapping Larry

Memento posted:

That sounds alright for a laugh, the excessive health pools of enemies on Master isn't so bad once you get a weapon with a bit of knockback but just getting over that hurdle can be tough.

Edit: actually I've never played a FTW map, is it just "for the worthy" as the seed?

Trip report: huh, dandelions can kill you. Bunnies kill you. Oh hey why aren't I picking up that bomb that came out of a pot?

Oh.

Pots can kill you.

I died seven times in the first 6 minutes. It's just overwhelming, I managed to get to a chest near the spawn point but it just had some climbing claws in it. I wonder if that's on purpose, so you don't get anything too quickly. I checked the map out in tEdit, and I like the way it messes with the placement rules, with lava at the surface and corruption in the sky islands. Also, there are a ton more trapped chests, with multiple dart traps, explosives and boulder drops attached. It seems like the ore deposits are larger as well? I don't think it's doable without cheating yourself in a baseline of weapons; slimes overwhelm you and zombies one-shot you, with no good way to keep them off you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

if their base is somehow in the underground layer and they're literally just using entirely torches to light it up instead of the wide variety of other lighting sources then i don't pity them in the least

decorate better, nerds

I made my character's name in giant flaming letters with torches, personally.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Memento posted:

I don't think it's doable without cheating yourself in a baseline of weapons; slimes overwhelm you and zombies one-shot you, with no good way to keep them off you.

It is, you just have to play really scummy at the start and never let anything near you unless you are willing to die dozens of times. Stuff spawns faster than you can kill it. Once you get a bow with arrows, you can cheese stuff with ranged, but you won't be able to take anything head on until you at least have a yoyo. And even then killing stuff still takes forever.

Also once you have some money, buying a ton of grenades is a good way to deal with huge mobs of enemies spawning.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 6, 2020

Ambaire
Sep 3, 2009

Oven Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

It is, you just have to play really scummy at the start
Using blocks to block enemies from getting to you? my word, how dare one actually take advantage of all mechanics in a sandbox adventure game!!!

quote:

Stuff spawns faster than you can kill it. Once you get a bow with arrows, you can cheese stuff with ranged, but you won't be able to take anything head on until you at least have a yoyo.

quote:

cheese stuff

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

You heard it here first, an entire class of the game that is supported by armor sets is 'cheese'.

Ambaire
Sep 3, 2009

Oven Wrangler

nightwisher posted:

If you want the ultimate challenge, play a FTW seed on journey, set difficulty to master and spawn rate to 10x. Good loving luck even leaving the spawn area though.

Alright.

The demo man has a house and I can do player placed back walls to prevent mob spawns. I don't see any guaranteed deaths in my future until I either get close to the corruption and worm invasion or underground and worm invasion. Hopefully the snow biome is close (no mobs that can pass through walls in its underground). Time to dig a very long 3 high tunnel just below the surface, and chop trees while dodging tree bombs (by temporarily walling off sections).

edit: Journey makes this easier since finch staff.

Boom goes the grenade!

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Lowtax
Jul 9, 2005

Plaster Town Cop

Holy poo poo you accepted that challenge like a king

«257 »