Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
From what I hear, the tMod dev guys are giving some insider information about the upcoming changes to the major mod teams and they're already preparing their code base accordingly, so it might not take quite so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

From what I hear, the tMod dev guys are giving some insider information about the upcoming changes to the major mod teams and they're already preparing their code base accordingly, so it might not take quite so long.

1.4 came out in may, it's now november

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yes? I meant that it might not take long after tModloader release for mods to catch up.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
It's going to be nice having TMod support the 1.4 content. I've got my Zenith but can't be bothered to grind out some of the other items.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I miss the Wing Slot mod and Autotrash so much

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Autoswing and Stack Size+ for me.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'll admit it, I'm a nerd and I want the Dragonball Z mod back. Freely controllable eight-direction flight is something you don't even know you wanted unless you try it for the first time.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cardiovorax posted:

I'll admit it, I'm a nerd and I want the Dragonball Z mod back. Freely controllable eight-direction flight is something you don't even know you wanted unless you try it for the first time.

Mostly I just loved crapping beams everywhere. Deadly and exploratory!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dareon posted:

Mostly I just loved crapping beams everywhere. Deadly and exploratory!
Also that! Destructo-disks are useful for so many things.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Are there some house/base plan collections for TEdit or other editor available somewhere to paste into my world? Because I'm lazy.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
was there ever a update for that fishing script?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've been waiting for things like Boss Checklist to update before I give the game another go

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Some heart lantern gingerbread cookies for my wife this xmas since she's always in charge of them whenever it's arena building time

Also we found a rod of discord on our friends server finally and it's nuts how much it speeds up straight-line cave exploration in any direction

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Those cookies are cute!

Has anyone used the Calamity texture pack? I wanna give Calamity a go and minimizing the clash between vanilla Terraria sprites and the Calamity art style might be nice.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If my new group that I'm rolling through the game with is struggling to find Anklets of the Wind, is the best course of action to just load up on fishing buffs and a crate potion and sit in the Surface jungle on a pond for a while?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SirSamVimes posted:

If my new group that I'm rolling through the game with is struggling to find Anklets of the Wind, is the best course of action to just load up on fishing buffs and a crate potion and sit in the Surface jungle on a pond for a while?

Pretty much, yeah. Being short on Anklets or Aglets sucks

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there a way to get Tmodloader to work with 1.4?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

From the last update to tmodloader in november:

quote:

tModLoader v0.11.7.8 Changelogs

With the recent 1.4.1.2 release, tModLoader could no longer load the music, causing a wide variety of bugs. This release fixes that. As always, this is not an update with the Journeys End content, that is still being worked on.

I would guess that whatever changes needed are pretty comprehensive since they've been working on it for a while. On the plus side if you have Terraria installed via Steam, you can get also get Tmodloader from steam which will make a parallel 1.35 installation so mods still work.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

No, it just doesn't support it yet. You can play with TModloader, but it will effectively be version 1.3.5.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will wait for that update to happen before I do my Calamity playthrough, then. Or maybe Thorium. One or the other.

Also, I suddenly have a bounty of summoning weapons after being kinda starved and I don't know which to use. I've got a tiger staff, a deadly sphere and a raven staff and I'm leaning towards using the tiger for bosses and the ravens for wave-based events.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I will wait for that update to happen before I do my Calamity playthrough, then. Or maybe Thorium. One or the other.

Also, I suddenly have a bounty of summoning weapons after being kinda starved and I don't know which to use. I've got a tiger staff, a deadly sphere and a raven staff and I'm leaning towards using the tiger for bosses and the ravens for wave-based events.

Most stuff from 1.4 has been back ported via mods fwiw

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SirSamVimes posted:

Depending on the number of summons you have you could always use multiple different ones. Use enough summons to get the tiger to your preferred tier and then either the spheres or ravens for the rest.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Ended up installing Terraria again. Any new hotness on the mod scene?

Last I played had a fair bit of fun with Thorium and Spirit Mod which worked OK together.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Fruits of the sea posted:

Ended up installing Terraria again. Any new hotness on the mod scene?

Last I played had a fair bit of fun with Thorium and Spirit Mod which worked OK together.

Waiting for tmodloader to finish updating to 1.4

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Yeah, I've been holding out for the update since 1.4 came out and playing Valheim pushed me over the edge :negative:

I could go back to Starbound but its basically an abusive relationship at this point.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Could someone in the know tell me what the best backport mods of 1.4 features currently are? I feel like playing some Terraria and I don't want to make any major changes to my current setup - I managed to dig up a 64-bit version of tModLoader a while ago that supports playing All The Mods at once and I'm scared that messing around with it too much will make things stop working.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

dis astranagant posted:

Waiting for tmodloader to finish updating to 1.4

Same. They've been working on it for a while now, but then again even the consoles don't have 1.4 yet so I can't grumble too much.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

How do people play this game as melee when fighting more difficult content? Like there's no tanky character in Terraria at the higher difficulties. The game is all about kiting.

When I play a ranged character I will defeat the wall of flesh with mid tier armor by building a proper platform to kite it on and then run like hell and then dodging/shooting its adds. But how would a skilled melee character do the same thing? How does a skilled melee player defeat master level "The twins"?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eventually melee is just ranged swordbeams. Or yo-yos, yo-yos are kinda ridiculous.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Building elaborate yo-yo bunkers works far more often than it should, it’s great.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is this a type of trap I've never seen before?

Two pipes of lava help up my silt and spider web for cutting off a player.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Katt posted:

Is this a type of trap I've never seen before?

Two pipes of lava help up my silt and spider web for cutting off a player.

There are pressure plate triggered lava pipe traps with actuated bricks in the newest patch. The silt is just a fluke of world generation.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I've seen lava flood traps that look like that before. I think the silt holding it up is just a worldgen coincidence though.

E: F;B

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Katt posted:

How do people play this game as melee when fighting more difficult content? Like there's no tanky character in Terraria at the higher difficulties. The game is all about kiting.

When I play a ranged character I will defeat the wall of flesh with mid tier armor by building a proper platform to kite it on and then run like hell and then dodging/shooting its adds. But how would a skilled melee character do the same thing? How does a skilled melee player defeat master level "The twins"?
Melee-damage-type weapons that have range, basically.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Spirit mod's getting a big update this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p-yZdj2s7M

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Oh nice. Spirit mod is much less janky after they cut out a bunch of the unnecessary crafting junk and added more polished sprites and music. I do miss the crazy upgradeable boss weapons though.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Oh nice. Spirit mod is much less janky after they cut out a bunch of the unnecessary crafting junk and added more polished sprites and music. I do miss the crazy upgradeable boss weapons though.

I take it this won't work on current Terraria and you need to use the old version?

I am having serious mod-withdrawal problems.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kalas posted:

I take it this won't work on current Terraria and you need to use the old version?

I am having serious mod-withdrawal problems.

There's a separate download on steam with terraria 1.3.5 and tmodloader preinstalled.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've been playing calamity that way and it's rad, the new bosses and music are really polished and i love all the new options for summoners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Out of curiosity, what was the old crafting system like?