Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Waffleopolis posted:

Trying to do some prep work to fight expert Wall of Flesh. A few questions:

1.) What's the best weapon for this fight? Megashark or Phoenix Blaster?

2.) Collecting some Ice blocks to run on. How many should be enough to get the job done.

3.) Minecart for the fight: Yay or nay?

I used phoenix blaster and meteor armor with the slime mount and the potion that makes lava not hurt you.

Remember to build a house for your witch doctor above the jungle so you can get his wings immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Grimman007 posted:

Which hardmode boss should I do first?

Destroyer is easiest

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Michaellaneous posted:

imho the beginning of hardmore is a bit frustrating. Cobalt is plent, yeah, but the second tier ore is so hard to find and fighting the bosses is impossible for me.

Break more altars, break all but one of them.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Michaellaneous posted:

I can't find anymore.

How many did you break? In my small world I got like 7 or 8 third tier ores so far and I haven't bothered breaking more.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Weird dungeon right at the edge of the ocean

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Seditiar posted:

Goddamn, Moon Lord is easy with 114 def, regen poo poo and a wall around you.

You really only need it above you to block the laser beams, maybe to the sides too to block the hand bullets.

Does moon man always drop his weapons one after another? I got all of his weapon drops one after the other with no dupes

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Doesn't seem that bad of a nerf, unless you used him to kill bosses.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
YoYos are thrown

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Invisible Ted posted:

So lunatic cultist is still kicking my rear end, even with a possessed hatchet, cursed flame flask, and staying in the dungeon entrance. Even if I hit him during the summoning animation, he still summons the dragon, which seems to be the bulk of my problem. Why the gently caress is he still summoning it after I hit him?

Only hit him, not a clone.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Acne Rain posted:

Killed solar and nebula pillars this morning and fought the moon lord!

The moon lord won.

I was close! Phantasm + stardust dragon had him down to just a little sliver of health. I didn't have many buffs on at the time because I had just charged into nebula with a possessed hatchet for the fun of it without thinking too hard about things, and if I had had iron skin or regeneration I would've won.

So now I have a general strategy for each pillar and also I'll be able to build some infastructure before starting this up again. The pillars spawn the same order and general position when you resummon them, right? Also I'll have fragment weapons for dealing with poo poo this time.

Pillars are randomized in their locations but the general positions for the four of them are the same. Kill them a few times and you can put banners from all four to the spawns.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the Dungeon Guardian has a drop now? How are you supposed to kill it?

I killed him once back when the turtle armor did enough damage back to him. Maybe you could run away on train tracks and have a pet or lava hit it. Have to enclose the tracks to have him slow down.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Acne Rain posted:

quick question: Corruption spread is supposed to slow the gently caress down after killing hardmode bosses, right? Well I've killed everyone except the drat moon lord, and no matter how much I spray down various areas the corruption in them eventually grows back.

Playing Corruption Cleanup Crew sounds like the least interesting thing I could be doing in this game, is there some easy way of making sure at least some key spots don't grow corrupty or is there some simple way of just making things not spread with a mod or a config file edit or something, or do I have to get it done thoroughly and get it done right by hand.

Only plantera kill will slow it down now. Plant some clorophyte near it to slow it down?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Acne Rain posted:

If digging is the answer, I'm not doing it until I get the drill mount.
Which will take a while, and also means I have an extra moon lord fight before I can have the cool post-moon outfits.

Make the shroomite digging claws and a mining potion.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tollymain posted:

i somehow entirely drowned my dungeon

i guess i'm going to have to use gills potions to explore it? idek

Drain it to hell

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Evil Fluffy posted:

So what's the best way to trigger a UFO invasion, place a water candle on a sky island, chug a battle potion, and hold another water candle?

Build a platform right at the edge of your map either to the top left or top right in space. Position it so its about the middle of the screen with nothing to scroll toward the edge. Put some blocks and some wall to stand against ( so wyverns don't spawn.) + battle potion and water candle. Might just need water candle.

Fastest I've had a probe spawn was right when I got there.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Verviticus posted:

so whats the trick to events like halloween and frost moon other than "cheese it with vamp knives and spectre armor"

is it even feasible to do with plantera gear and an arena that lets you move around?

Cheese them with moon lord gear :p I couldn't solo either to more than wave 11 before grabbing some items. Then I did halloween after moon lord and got 70+ pumpking trophies.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

CJacobs posted:

Oh that doesn't sound good

UH OH

SHIIIIT PIIIIIIISSSS

It didn't kill me thanks to my sick demon wings, but I wasn't able to damage it enough before dawn and it flew away and despawned. How the hell am I supposed to kill a boss that has 80,000 health??

With something that pierces multiple parts. I think I usually kill it with the phasesaber for the first time.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Rest in piece housing glitches

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

E-Tank posted:

Dangit when is it going live I want to play new Terraria!

4½ hours?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Any tips for master mode moon lord? Can't just sit under some blocks to block the beam now. Minecart goes too fast and makes him teleport on you constantly and you barely don't move fast enough anyway to get outside the beam range. Flying saucer mount doesn't go fast enough to dodge it either

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Took the zenith out for a spin around the halloween event. Used three health potions the whole night. It really is an awesome "sword"

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

master mode just adds pets and trophies, expert mode changes the AI and makes them formidable opponents and gives you a lot of cool accessories

Don't forget the black spot mount you can only get on master mode and the seventh accessory slot. It's worth it to play on master just for that mount alone

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Peanut! posted:

My friend and I are getting smashed by 1.4 Master Mode mechanical bosses. Any suggestions for arena ideas or equipment? We've mainly been using gravitation potions in a giant pit. Equipment-wise, we both have Adamantite with the repeater/holy arrows and cursed flame/flamelash for magic.

Craft some onyx blasters and get some boats from pirate invasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If you kill any enemies with anything but a thorns potion you are cheesing the game and might as well play with godmode on