Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm halfway through Hardmode and still haven't found a Rare Plant. Is there something special I should be doing?

Also, Explosives are more powerful than Dynamite, right? For excavating large farms/arenas underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Also, if I'm understanding the wiki correctly Chlorophyte ammo is a bad choice for the uzi / shotbow because it's piercing?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

pon alien posted:

It's bad for the bow because it the arrow pierce, but it's great for the uzi because the bullets are homing.

The invulnerability frames won't make some of the bullets miss?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

pon alien posted:

Leave all the candles in the dungeon intact because you're not going back there in hardmode to take in the sights.

It changes post-Plantera and has cool stuff.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Damnit Anklet where are you.
Need some claws too. But the jungle will not be kind to me.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So my cat hit some keys that turned on a frame-rate display on the lower left. How do I turn it off again?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I wish fishing for quest fish wasn't such a poo poo. I had a fishing pond right next to my house for a surface forest quest fish. Sat down and spent the whole in-game day fishing. I got several gold crates and rare equipment fish. Not a single quest fish.

Is your house high up? Surface means *surface* (found this the hard way).

With the fiberglass rod and enchanted worm bait I usually catch the fish within a couple of minutes. If I don't it means I'm in the wrong biome.

What's the IP for the Goon server? I tried the one posted early in the thread and couldn't get it to work.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Xenaero posted:

WHAT

I'm constantly being amazed by stuff you can pull off in this. I mean, I'm building a skycastle after the endgame and I'm still finding new stuff.

Well, might have to say goodbye to my doors on the edges.

My skycastle has no doors. It's all teleporters if you want to get in or out.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Holy poo poo Duke Fishron does a lot of damage. I was advised to try outrunning him, but even lightning boots on ashphalt isn't fast enough to get out of his charge, and he kills me in about 4 hits.

I was hoping for the Tsunami but I don't think that's going to be happening at this point. Not sure what to grind to get up to him since I'm pretty sure lunar event stuff is after him. Guess I'll grind turtle shells and make beetle armour, see if that's enough.

kazil posted:

The glove seems insanely overpowered

Now make it into a bag

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

I just calculated how much it would cost to make both of the endless ammo items if you didn't have any of either, and it comes to just shy of 5 gold total, around 2 for the arrows and 2.75 or so for the musket balls. Not really a bad price for being able to run around shooting your gun/bow literally forever if you feel like it. Especially seeing as how Ranged is the DPS attack stat in the first place.

Except that basic arrows / musket balls are crap.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tyty posted:

Well I entered hard mode and apparently the streak of crimson goes straight through my jungle

This means I'm basically on a timer to gear up and take down Plantera right?

You can always convert it back using the Clentaminator (available after you beat any mecha boss).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm guessing the old cross necklace + meteorite trick got nerfed at some point? I tried standing on a square just now and even with heavy armour and three regen boosts (campfire + heart lantern + honey) my health was going down fast.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tollymain posted:

It allows you to throw out multiple hooks at once? I'm pretty sure the others limit you to 1 hook in the air at a time, if you miss you gotta wait for it to retract

Most of the good hooks have 3 arms.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Fire blocks now give you a DoT instead of hitting you for low damage occasionally, so you can't abuse hit iframes anymore.

What about using dart traps?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

And can't be used to generate infinite water anymore, so you can't just grab a couple buckets and use that to make the rest.

I filled up all my lakes using a pump and 6 buckets to prime it with. They still seem to output more than they take in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can I hallow my dyebridge to hope for a unicorn, is does it need to be bare dirt?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yes. Also works for crystal shards.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GenericOverusedName posted:

If you want to make a giant plot of corrupt/crimson grass to farm deathweed / evil mushrooms / cool looking trees, however, you should probably think about how to contain it.

Sticking it in the sky 30 blocks with a wall of glass blocks around it then 30 blocks of nothing would work.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I wish there was some way to mark items to not be picked up. Stop clogging up my inventory.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Should I move my nurse to my arena to help with boss fights? Is she going to get killed pretty often?

Yes and yes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How viable is bulding a DEATH TUNNEL for handling the Frost Moon?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can't kill fast enough to get past Wave 11 of the Frost Moon - do I have a chance of getting Santas's drops in waves 7-10, or do I need more dakka?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I say Megashark, but then I like guns.

Will a Battle Potion help me encounter truffle worms, or does it only affect actual enemies?
(On the plus side my trufflebridge is working nicely as a chlorophyte farm)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thinking about building a boss arena entirely underwater... with celestial shell and fishron wings I think I have better movement underwater than above.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

"Well a proper dwarf always uses magma so I have to put some in his room.

The walls of my doomfort are hollow with lava trapped in the cavity. Theoretically, anything trying to move through the walls will get burned on the way.

...won't kill them, but it's the principle of the thing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

drat me why do I continue to seek the Ankh? I know this quest will bring me nothing but pain.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You know what I came here for, Pixies. Give it up and the hurting can cease. I'll return to my own world and you can rebuild your lives.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hmm... Ichor Arrows or Holy Arrows for the Phantasm?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

I've defeated Golem easily a few times to get the Picksaw but I tried Fishron and got completely stomped. Any tips for FIshron? Is there a certain type of arena I need to build or just get lucky and dope myself up on every potion imaginable? Is it worth trying to start the Lunar stuff first?

I had the best luck stacking lots of +melee and hammering on him with Vampire Knives. Slow but sure.
My 'arena' was just a campfire, heart lantern and honey bath to keep my health up. I probably should have hauled over my heart statue machine too.

Make sure you have good wings though (steampunk is good).

(Note that I got annihilated in Chlorophyte armour the first time I tried. Beetle armor seemed to help a lot)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Any easy ways of farming Life Crystals other than just going to new worlds and going around with Spelunking potions? I need about 30 more lanterns for my skybridge.

It's life fruits I'm short of. They're too drat small to spot easily even with Spelunking, I still only have 440 health fighting the Moonlord.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I just buried all my banners in a tunnel under the arena. The range is pretty big.

Edit: Tunnel is getting pretty full though. Dusty collects a lot of banners.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 13, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone want to trade a Celestial Stone for a Celestial Shell? I like my dye combo but it really doesn't work for me as a werewolf, so I want to change back down to the stone. But I don't want to grind eclipses again for the moon stone.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Martians.... come out and plaaay....

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone else have tremendous trouble aiming the Phantasm? I think it's all the bonus arrows, all glowy and homing, that make it hard for me to see where my actual arrows are going.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Akett posted:

If that's for the martian invasion, first off I hope you can get there quickly from your spawn point because the invasion proper won't start until you go back to it, second off you should add some rows of bricks for standing under because the flying saucer will fire a damaging fuckoff beam beneath it once you destroy its weapons.

I have a series of switch-controlled actuated shelters so I can take cover when I need to, but not have them block shots or movement during normal fighting.

It's also worthwhile installing a couple of honey pits. The buff lasts 30 seconds so just take a dip now and then to keep it up.

Anyone have any opinions on final-level wings? Stardust wings seem like they give me the most air-time, but Solar wings are far faster. I mostly want to be able to hang in midair to blast things.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 16, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Apparition posted:

Do you just move it in a bucket?

Yes. My arena has a one-tile-deep layer of honey suspended in midair by bubble blocks, which players can pass through without hindrance (but which keep liquids in). Every time I take off or land I pass through the honey and get buffed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Read posted:

You don't even need a big arena, just some honey suspended in bubble blocks to pass through and get the buff periodically.

He means an 'underwater' arena (actually under-honey) so maneuver around in on the aquatic mount.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Ledges still dupe fluids and you can use a pair of pumps to automate it.

I had a devil of a time making my honey vat though, because it flows so slowly the intake pump kept getting uncovered and that seemed to disrupt the multiplication. In the end I needed to swap my 1-second timer for a 3-second timer and build a sort of cone to keep the intake covered until there was enough honey to dismantle said cone.

BTW the solar pillar can suck my dick. Harder than any of the other pillars by far.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Read posted:

Why did you put a giant woman chained to posts in a bikini in your arena?

How else do you get dragons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fishron may be cute, but goddamn is it slow. Is the UFO better?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 18, 2015