Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Uggggh, being stuck at work is the worst thing, this update is better than most AAA releases in the past year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Regarding first tier pickaxes, if you have the Crimson on your world you can just farm up 15 Vertebrae from the monsters in it and then craft the spine to summon the Brain. He'll drop a ton of Crimtane Ore and Flesh that you can craft into a Meteorite and Crimson block smashing pickaxe.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I crafted the yoyo accessory and all I can say is :catstare: I think I need to farm the Kraken first before getting the next one

Also, always keep a bug net with you because sometimes you'll run into gold versions of bugs/animals like a Gold Rabbit or Gold worm, which you can sell to any vendor for 10 gold.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
From what it sounds like, even a fresh character will do fine if you beeline into fishing at the start of expert to get some decent equipment.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Excelzior posted:

and for all of those who feel bad when others post their awesome, creative house designs.. you're not alone, meet the Sky Bunker :

unimaginative, gaudy, efficient.

The opulent room of gold is a great touch.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

RareAcumen posted:

Now there's a suggestion. All I need is some kind of reference.

The Convoy map from Unreal Tournament

EDIT: Or Snowpiercer I guess.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Internet Kraken posted:

On base chat; you guys who say you're terrible at building pretty bases? I want one of you to take that theme and run with it. Make your base a hideous, ugly pile of junk. All sorts of blocks mashed together into massive heaps. Literal trash prisons the NPCs are forced to live inside. Decorations clashing together in hideous and nonsensical ways. Make a base so hideous that it wraps around into being beautiful.

Bonus mess: I have no idea what's in any of those chests so I always have to go through all of them if I'm trying to find something specific :sigh:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Eric the Mauve posted:

It really helps to spend five minutes sorting them out and then name 'em.

Definitely. It's one of those "I'll get around to it oh but first I want to fish for 3 hours" kind of deals. My 1.1 worlds were always so organized compared to this haphazard mess I've created :negative:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Mzbundifund posted:

Too much effort: you actually bothered to flatten the terrain! Also, how on earth do you live with only having four chests. Don't you know you have to steal and hoard everything?!

Not pictured: three more chests, a gold, a mushroom and a jungle chest just sitting out in the open to the right of the image border. Plus a gold chest on the left and 2 sky chests on the second floor.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
If you've opened up the Jungle Temple just farm the solar eclipse tablets and fight Mothron in a boss arena, he drops the Eye of Cthulu yoyos pretty often

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

ImPureAwesome posted:

Does anyone else have problems changing the controls? It won't accept my new heal button ('z') ore any other button

I switched mine to Q with no problem

The problem I DO have is when I fullscreen the game it starts chugging like a goon going uphill, but when it's windowed fullscreen it runs perfectly fine.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

SirSamVimes posted:

So I've got to the stage where I begin preparing for the Wall. Do I want my general "out of mana" weapon to be Molten Fury, Hellwing Bow or the Phoenix Blaster? My ammo options are Meteorite Shot and Hellfire Arrows.

I went to town using the minishark from the gunsmith and just regular bullets. Just remember to aim for the eyes!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Deakul posted:

Ugh, guys, help.

Me and a friend just killed the Wall of Flesh and entered hardmode.
But, now we're absolutely overwhelmed and completely aimless.

Hardmode isn't a lie, it was almost a cake walk up until I stepped out of the base and got gangraped by those laser shooting flying jelly fish things and then impaled by a loving unicorn.

I've got jungle set armor and he has molten, both have weapons that do 40 damage but these fuckers hit us hard.

WHAT DO

Start smashing demon altars with the blessed hammer you got from the wall and mine the new ores that spawn in.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
R.E. Missing weapons chat: I've been finding for absolutely no reason my Yo-yo that I keep on hotbar number 1 will randomly just pop off and drop on the ground without me noticing, so I'll have to retrace my steps to find it. So far it's happened two or three times but I have no idea what causes it, since I know for a fact I wasn't fighting anything when my dude just chucked it on the ground.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Bob Locke posted:

For some reason, there is a Drop key, and it is bound to T. I don't understand the point of either of these things. Maybe you hit it?

This is very possible and I will have to remove this binding as soon as I get home.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Nuebot posted:

I really wish I could turn off events. Finally get the wizard to move back into my hard mode world. As I'm running towards him to buy some music boxes, blood moon rises and a wraith floats through the walls and murder him.

EDIT: and it segues right into a solar eclipse. This kind of stops being fun after 10+ of these things in short order. Sometimes I just want to do what I wanted to do, game.

This is how I feel about getting Martian Invaded over and over because I spot a probe too late and can't nuke it before it escapes.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Seditiar posted:

Ugh, died to Moon Lord, took a break before doing the whole event again and now the save is corrupted. :negative:

Sounds like the Moon Lord hella poo poo on you

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah it'll have the new water effects and the Dungeon Defender 2 tie-in, with a tower defense event.

Aside from the flying monsters, I suppose I'll just be digging lava trenches for these monsters as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Yeah, I just started a new world for myself Medium sized and it takes aaaaages to get to the ocean to fish in the early game. It might be different with two people, but playing solo I'd stick with a Small world.