Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Ahhhhh, Journey Mode was just what I needed. Babby’s first wings to start and easy duping of items nobody wants to waste time grinding out. It’s just loving perfect. I actually like building now. I played for about 5 hours and only stopped because I ran out of beer. ReLogic is the best :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I’ve only gen’d one world, but I did discover that I have a dedicated Crimson area as expected but also a huge swath of Crimson in my jungle as well. I’ve never made it very far into hard mode before so I don’t know how bad this will gently caress me later. Is it really bad?

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Elevate your homes when starting them y'all

This was the first lesson Terraria ever taught me. I learned it fast and well.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Has anyone actually been able to bomb/dynamite meteorite in 1.4? My meteor is impervious to all explosives. I had to mine it, which admittedly wasn’t TOO hard, but it threw me for a loop and I wasted a lot of money on dynamite.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Groetgaffel posted:

I started in Classic, but I think I'll start over in journey.
That's what I get for not reading up at all on how the journey mode works beforehand. :v:

It's remarkable how far terraria has come from the early days.

One thing that may not be clear - Journey Mode is super easy by default. Too much so even for my “bad at games” rear end. So make sure to bump up the difficulty slider!

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Geomancing posted:

I defeated Skeletron and entered the dungeon, hadn't realized they had changed it this much. The new spikes are meeeeean, thankfully also fragile. I was having a hell of a time clearing enough space to actually get to the chests.

Then I got Magic Missile from the first one.

Holy hell, this thing is absolutely mind-blowing. Controllable, homing, AND does AoE damage that can splash through walls? And like double the damage of the weapon I had before? I don't even bother using the controllable projectile, I just spam away in the general direction of whatever I want to die.

It’s the best...

Until you get a Flamelash. Then that is the best!

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Omnicarus posted:

Just remember everyone: You can Alt + Left Click on an item to favorite it and it'll get a gold border that won't let you sell it, trash it, or Deposit All it.

Thank you. I never learned how to do that and every time I Deposit All by mistake I think, I should google that and I just never did.

Wow - my first decent snipe! Have some useful info, thread!

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

BisbyWorl posted:

So, there was that discussion a while back about how hallow won't affect things like desert pylons, but does the same hold true for fishing? Since my hallow sorta...

And I'm not sure if I'm just having bad luck doing the Angler's daily or if the oasis counts solely as fishing in hallow.

And while there's another oasis on the other side of the map, that desert got nailed by corruption.

I might just have to make a new lake in the bit of desert by the dungeon.

I had the same conundrum today and can confirm hallowed desert counts as desert for fishing.

I must say, Journey Mode Is so great. It’s what I needed to get seriously into Hardmode. I just beat Plantera for the first time and am ripping up the dungeon, getting kickass loot. This game is now truly excellent. The grind was just a little too much for me before. Now it’s just right. I hope this company makes more games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Chalks posted:

How do you beat the golem in 1.4?

Every time I search for it there are a bunch of cheesy strategies that apparently don't work in 1.4 so what are you meant to do? I can dodge his fists well enough but once he starts shooting lazers that pass through all walls I just get shot to poo poo and die.

I have turtle armour and a death sickle. Seem to be decent for this stage in the game from what I've read?

I found the Megashark with chlorophyte bullets to trivialize this, and most, boss fights up to here. After Golem this stops being true.

As for dodging lasers, I found that flying in arcs above and around him allowed me to keep firing my homing shark storm long enough to destroy him before he killed me.

Lordshmee fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 30, 2020