Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Are there any great ranged alternatives to a Godly Scourge of the Corruptor? I'm getting back into this with the update and am trying to figure out my options. I managed to beat the Martian invasion but the cultist at the dungeon entrance was too much for me. I switched from spectral to a hallowed armor set for the damage bonus.

I got the Martian gun that shoots those bursts but it seems unwieldy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I finally killed the Lunatic Cultist by flying around in a UFO shooting my Godly Scourge of the Corruptor at it. Now I want to get the Vampire Knives before I try the pillars, but farming the key in the Crimson is a huge pain. :( I've set up an arena with blue candles but it's slow going.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I beat Moon Lord on my first try. Still waiting to beat Duke Fishron. Thing keeps charging me to death :emo:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

King Doom posted:

Cosmic Key from the Martian Event and whatever heatseeker you like. Just fly in circles and murder him. If you can kill Moon Lord, you can get the nebula suit and the nebula arcanum, they will END fishron.

Akett posted:

Make some armor from the luminite bars (whichever one of the sets you wish, though I would go with the solar for the huge armor) and give yourself all the drat potion buffs you can. One of the best possible ones to get is endurance potion which is a flat 10% damage reduction, from armored cave fish and I think blinkroot.

Thanks for the advice. I'd tried flying with my UFO mount but the acceleration wasn't good enough for me. I ended up crafting Solar Wings and using food + iron skin potion. With the maneuverability plus extra resilience I was able to whittle Fishron down with my Vortex Beater. Now I've killed all of the bosses. :clint:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

The Frostmoon event achievement is demanding. I ran out of bullets for my gun and so didn't have enough DPS to get past round 14 before morning came.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'm not having much luck with these fishing quests. I'm using the 40% rod, the 50% bait, and even potions. On most quests, I catch a lot of crates and rare fish but not the quest fish. If I ever catch a quest fish, it's in the first ten casts. Does the Hallow spread affect the quests? I'm even confirming that I'm in the right place via GPS.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

RatHat posted:

They should add a 0.01% chance to spawn Duke Fishron on any catch. And of course he'll instantly enrage if you're not in an ocean biome.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Awesome, I do have a Clentaminator. I may need to adjust the Steampunker's biome to get the right solution, but it'll be worth it. Thanks for the tip.

Gobblecoque posted:

The wiki says the car key has the same drop rate as all the other stuff from the saucer but I don't believe it. If you could get banners from bosses I'm pretty sure I would have at one by now. I'll do one more invasion then I'm gonna say gently caress it and just inventory edit it in.

In my one invasion the boss saucer kept spawning. I ended up getting two car keys, the machine gun, and the UFO minion staff from the one invasion. Good thing, too. The car key is pretty drat indispensible against three out of four pillars, plus the Moon Lord.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I've got a pretty good gold farming setup using my Xeno Staff minions, blue candles, and a custom-made dungeon hallway. Reforging costs a ton so I've been trying to find ways to collect quick gold. My little UFOs (I'm using Stardust Armor, so I've got several) kill Paladins before they get anywhere close to me. Between the drops, the Ectoplasm, and the coins, it seems pretty effective. What do you guys do to get rich?

Bluemillion posted:

I'm really not feeling this Dragon nerf. If anything it seems like this SOB does MORE damage.

Don't worry, I'm sure this will be fixed in a future patch.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Jabarto posted:

Build an ocean grinder, then use a slime staff and lucky coin together. Makes shitloads of money really fast.

The only problem is that sometimes the slimes will drop to far from the grinder and be unable to get back up, so you can' always leave it running while AFK. This only started happening to me recently, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Hot drat, I just built an ocean money farm and it is as good as you said.

TWIST FIST posted:

Run the Pumpkin Moon with the Last Prism. You can get 20-30 platinum each night from it.

I've run it before to get the achievement for reaching level 15, but I never counted the gold. Maybe once I get my end-game magic gear set up I'll give it a go.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

grancheater posted:

I thought I was ready to take on the Golem.

Turns out my Golem room intersects a marble biome :negative:

If I were you I'd look up that trick for moving the Golem altar (using actuators?).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I know this is a joke but I'd really encourage new players not to go overboard with storage and hoarding stuff. There's tons of useless crap in this game you are never gonna use. There's stuff that's not even gonna serve you any good for decoration. Like, red ice can't be made into anything and spreads corruption, are you really gonna do anything with it ever? Just throw it in the trash.

You're gonna feel pretty silly when you come begging me for those stacks of cactus material I thought to save. :colbert:

I just took a look at my chests, and there is a lot of rubbish. It would take too much effort to clear them out and reorganize, though. Plus, I'm always thinking they'll patch in some new recipe that would use those ingredients I've been saving.

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I wish there was a faster, easier way to make teleporters. I mean, the laying wire part.

Terraria: a game where you can make a slime piano but not 10-block lengths of wire.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sylink posted:

So I got the DCU and most of the end game items that I care to have. What the gently caress do I do now?

Build a kickass base and wait for the next update (if there is one).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

VineST posted:

with my world a Corruption world, i feel like i've had an additional challenge in no ichor, and no vampire knives whatsoever. playing the good ol' fashioned way

I just made a small, secondary world that had Crimson, blitzed to hardmode, then got what I needed.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Asciana posted:

Just got a corruption key dropping giving me the Scourge of the Corruptor. drat that thing rocks. Totally trivialised the dungeon and I bagged myself a sniper rifle and tactical shotgun. On to Duke Fishron now I guess.

The Scourge is great, and even now (having reached Moon Lord gear) I use it as my weapon of choice when I'm fighting random enemies.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I've got my Scourge of the Corruptor up to about 118 damage using the Solar Flare Armor and various emblems. I'm sure it's not optimal damage but it's certainly good enough for just messing about. For bosses Moon Lord I use the S.D.M.G. with Chlorophyte bullets. I still use the Solar Flare Armor for the survivability it provides.

The ultra-DPS melee stuff is fun but it'd drive me nuts getting hit all of the time.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

Placing wire is pretty easy now, with the smart cursor and flying mounts it's almost as easy as minecart track. The only problem is cost - wire is pretty expensive.

I'd like something like 25-unit horizontal and vertical spools that get placed all at once. I'd be fine with crafting them somewhere, just so long as I had the option.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Bluhman posted:

Am I right in assuming that turtle armor is way better for solo-play than the beetle upgrades? Or should I shoot for one of the two sets?

The extra defense from Beetle really helped me out against the Lunar Event enemies. Upgrading my Turtle armor made a difference for me.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Mailer posted:

It's too bad the Vortex Pillar destroys me. I'm thinking I finally have to farm up that last turtle shell for beetle armor and go yoyo or something. The Pulse Bow isn't as cool in open areas.

Use the Stardust Dragon minion and Vampire Knives. UFO flying mount, too, if possible.

Once you beat the Vortex pillar you can craft the Vortex beater, which (with chlorophyte bullets) is what I used to kite the Moon Lord with the UFO mount.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I adore this game and I'm glad to see that the final update came out with so much content. It almost feels like an updated game engine, there are so many new graphical and quality-of-life features.

Console and Mobile shouldn't be terribly far behind at getting the 1.4 patch.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Consoles just got 1.3.5 in April, except Switch which just got it the other day. Phones are stuck on 1.3.0 still.

True.

They've actually announced that Mobile will get 1.4 in 2020. Which they haven't done for the consoles yet. Maybe they have to wade through more red tape with Sony et al.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I just crafted the Zenith. My goodness.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

It's going to be nice having TMod support the 1.4 content. I've got my Zenith but can't be bothered to grind out some of the other items.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Waiting for tmodloader to finish updating to 1.4

Same. They've been working on it for a while now, but then again even the consoles don't have 1.4 yet so I can't grumble too much.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Memento posted:

Man who did I piss off to stop Lost Girls from spawning? I've got a hollowed out area, cavern layer, with walls of mud and jungle grass seeds spread around until it became an underground jungle. Running back and forth I get tons of mimics, moths and undead merchants but haven't seen a single Lost Girl in hours of farming. I've nabbed three Uzis from the Angry Trappers that have spawned, if you want to know how long I've been on this.

Sounds like me trying to spawn Queen Slime.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I make a sky highway that I use for the Twins (while fighting on a mount) and a multiple platform arena for other fights.

(I did build an underground jungle arena for Plantera and discovered that building while dodging hornets was tougher than Plantera itself.)

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I agree with the other posters who said that the spread of crimson and corruption can be very tedious. It would be nice if there were items you could place around the world to protect against the spread for a good area around them (sunflowers aren't that powerful).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ten years of Terraria on May 16th. I remember the hype that the alpha previews caused.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

bij posted:

Vampire Knives

I love these and they give me a helpful buffer during the pillars.

The game will pick up for me once TModloader supports the latest patch. There are some sweet mods. Like this:
https://youtu.be/BP9CiCEcDd8

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

The Switch version will be getting the Journey's End patch a little while after PS4 & XBox One get it. Sometime in Q3 2021.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Yeah they've definitely narrowed it down. I'm pretty sure that vertical ad space is more valuable than horizontal due to its greater effectiveness.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'm waiting for TModloader 1.4. They're making progress but it's anyone's guess when it'll get released.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

They've said Q3 2021 for Terraria 1.4 on consoles, with Switch being a little behind XBox and Playstation. Once that's done, they're going to try to implement cross-play between platforms where possible ("no promises").

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think I got it for something like $2 or $3 for PC, so feel free to hold out for that.

:hfive:

I want to say I got Terraria for something like $1.74 during a Steam Sale price bug.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

1.4 for Playstation and XBox will be submitted to Sony/Microsoft on August 25th. Switch version will be submitted later this year.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I think it's going to be something in between. Pretty much everything after this will go toward trying to get all ports to cross-play compatibility.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

So the Journey's End patches have been submitted to Microsoft and Sony. I wonder whether there'll be much difference in approval time for XBox and Playstation.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

The devs have said that they weren't allowed to beta test (publicly) the new patch because it's not paid DLC, and the bad bugs didn't show up in their internal testing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I spent $1.74 on a Steam Sale error for Terraria, and have made thousands of dollars YouTubing about Terraria.

One of the gameplay mechanics that the developers have mentioned they cannot pull off is jumping between layers. The game started as some broke dude's passion project. Now he has millions of dollars and a small team. If you look at the footage and screenshots from the cancelled Terraria: Otherworld (which itself is quite old now) you can see how they might add in some features, better animations, etc. while keeping the Terraria aesthetic. I'd be down for it.

I think their next game won't be a direct sequel. Part of me wonders whether or not ConcernedApe's Stardew Valley spinoff announcement (Haunted Chocolatier) will spur ReLogic into action.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Mayveena posted:

What's your channel name?

NRLP. Don't dox me :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

:rock:
https://youtu.be/wHpMdgM0Sb4