Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Jumping right into 1.3 after having a fully "done" character is so confusing. Almost makes me want to start a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sjonnar posted:

My base in my expert world isn't quite done yet, but most of the construction is finished (all but housing for the cyborg. he'll be staying in a spare room until i get some martian blocks)

To the left, you can see part of a skybridge i made to try and farm up some strange plants. No luck so far.

Bottom left is a glowing mushroom farm. Hit that switch on the pillar and the grass platforms retract, dumping all the mushrooms to the bottom.

Are random wyvern attacks still a thing, or did they change that at some point?

edit: really cool base though! Good idea with the mushfarm

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Zereth posted:

I think the issue is that when the actuator "door" is open, it's actually a hole, so it stops being a room. And thus the bed in it isn't a valid spawn point anymore. And apparnelty it doesn't change back when you close the door?

I would imagine that it changes back to being a valid spawn point but your spawn point has already been reset at that point.

I don't want to infringe on that guy's aesthetic but he could always just put the secret door in a closet instead of the bedroom.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Krittick posted:

It's good for fossil armor pre-hardmode and the Extractinator, but yeah it's otherwise not worth a trip. There are unique hardmode enemies there too, but they don't drop anything special.

It's a shame because it's actually a pretty fun (and huge) dungeon-like place to explore, just no real incentive to do so.

You'd kind of expect some giant nightmarish antlion boss at the bottom. Seems like a huge missed opportunity, and it really does feel a little worthless to explore right now.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Vargs posted:

I don't understand how anyone could play this game on a server with random goons. Just gonna join up on a fresh character and welp, world's already in hard mode and there are chests full of endgame gear. Grab those outta there and game over, roll credits I guess.

Isn't that a problem with pretty much any terraria server though? I don't think the game would be much fun if you started playing along with people that are, like, two or three tiers above or below you.

Still, if there was a larger online presence, some admin tools to control that stuff might be nice. Maybe a "no hardmode allowed" checkbox?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I have no idea why shortswords still exist besides as a newbie trap.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Awesome, sounds like a lot more fun than digging forever

Oddly there's not a lot of digging in early terraria except to get ore veins and occasionally hop over to a more interesting-looking cave complex

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Buttflakes posted:

Well alrighty then! Looks like I'm happily going to be dumping the next 300hrs of my life into this game!
Downloading now, gently caress yayuh!

Can I join the cool kids' Terraria club now? :dance:

You sure can! Your entry fee is making an initial crappy hut for the Guide, redesigning and making some kind of larger integrated housing for him and the next few NPCs, saying "gently caress it" and adding in minimum-size torch-and-table huts for the next dozen, and eventually making some giant public works project for everyone.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I was having a great time with a fresh character on an Expert world, but then I got to the Underworld and realized that lava bats, demons and the other demons were twice as deadly.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Saxophone posted:

I have to imagine this exists but don't know where I would get it...

Is there a mod to just give normal mode the hard mode drops? I'm not great at this game to begin with, but there are neat things in hard mode.

You could just use the terraria save game editor to give yourself the item after beating the relevant boss. I have used http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ which is a pretty cool little save game editor thing that I don't think is going to hack your computer? You won't get the extra accessory slot from the Wall of Flesh in non-Hard Mode worlds though.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ambaire posted:

No reason to do a Terraria 2 if they can keep doing updates for Terraria which sell as many $ of copies as a Terraria 2 would.

Trippy. Also, shouldn't you rehost that on imgur? Or is cursecdn.com basically the same?

People don't really care as much about image leeching these days, but of course you're still on the hook if someone does a "hilarious" source image swap or whatever

edit: also that keyboard looks p cool and I've never really cared about flashy keyboards before. I think it's that it highlights the WASD and other relevant keys, which is a fun idea.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah, even on hardmode the wyvern isn't too difficult. Lure it down to an arena if you want to be safe (especially since harpies will continue to spawn if you fight it up high) but with a little bit of dodging practice you'll be totally fine. And the wings are worth it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you're really worried about corruption then just cheat in (probably with the save editor) a Clentaminator and go to town. However, it really doesn't spread fast enough to seriously threaten you and there's plenty of methods to cut it off without resorting to that. I definitely wouldn't recommend cheating in a Clentaminator unless you've already made it to the point in a previous game where you could afford the Clentaminator.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Mayveena posted:

Editing the save version on an Xbox is what I was wondering about.

Unfortunately not possible as far as I know. Weird apps like the save game editor don't work, of course, and the console team seems to be very aggressive about patching duplication bugs. Even if you could, the Steampunker won't spawn until you beat a mechanical boss. The OP was talking about the world gen viewer so I assumed he was on PC.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Very excited to watch it. Ofc I know something goes wrong but not what or when so it’ll be fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’ve got everything for the Zenith except the enchanted sword. Has anyone used a seed recently, or is the save editor updated for the recent patch?