Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Look guys, you just didn't understand Blue. His PR algorithms would melt your brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

Something you look for in a PR guy is the ability to make people cringe so hard they sprain something

Maybe he knew how bad the community for the official forums was going to be, so he found someone equally terrible to talk to them so he didn't have to.

Foresight.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

They'd need to make endgame throwing weapons to go with it

Just have the armor bonuses be amazing to compensate. I just want to murder turbo-cthulu with shurikens, ok?

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Zernach posted:

worms waiting in the sky.
Are you talking about the loving centipede thing that only attacks you if you're in the air? I hate those things so much. I get the whole challenge of, "Fighting the other things from the ground is harder than from the sky" but couldn't they have made the dude's tail a little easier to hit? Fucker warps around the sky at mach 5 when you're flying. Even as a top tier enemy, that monster is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh, someone already mentioned that he only attacks you if you're airborne. Whoops, reading is hard.

Hyedum fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 26, 2016

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also totally separate from hardcore, which is a character setting that is also pointless.

All of these things together mean you can have an expert hardcore hardmode character/world and that is funny as hell to somebody like me who has been playing this since release.

Maybe the reason they had to split the update in two was because they ran out of time trying to think up more descriptors.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I vaguely remember from a while back seeing a mod that combined all the crafting stations and inventory into one place. What is that mod, or are there any other mods that streamline the tedious inventory management?

Fargo's has the Crucible of the Cosmos. Unfortunately, as the name implies, it requires a Cosmic Pillar (sort of) tier item before you can make it.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Doing a playthrough with a friend, we encountered hardmode, and poo poo is suddenly in the 'no joke' territory.

It is kinda refreshing going from getting acclimated and comfortable with the current array of threats and then it puts all the fuckin chips on the table.

Also my plan of dragging a Wyvern down to have the NPCs help me kill it backfired tremendously. I am now responsible for several deaths.

They probably deserved it.

Anyway, is this your first excursion with Terraria? If so, then welcome! This game is great for exactly that feeling you described. Back on release, that's the feeling many of us had when we killed Skeletron for the first time and had a whole new world (read: dungeon) to contend with. Imagine how we felt when they added hardmode. As a person who really likes the feeling of accomplishment you get for unlocking content you didn't actually know existed, this game scratches all of my itches.

Feel free to post trip reports on your many horrendous deaths that are in the future, we're into that.

fake edit: Just out of curiosity, are you doing a normal or expert world?

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
RE: wingchat

A good thing to remember is that witch doctor sells unique items if he's housed in the jungle. If you wait until night (again, in the jungle) he sells the leaf wings which are almost on the same tier as frozen/flame wings without having to grind biome enemies.

Unfortunately they also cost 1 platinum coin, so take that into consideration if you're short on funds.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Remind me, does creating a town in the sky layer deactivate wyverns spawning? I know they used to spawn whenever they drat felt like it, just wondering if something changed so I can build an awesome sky castle and not have my NPCs constantly dying when I mirror home.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Lowen posted:

I forget, did I ever post this gif of the game trolling me with a heart crystal?

There's a metaphor for the ankh shield in there somewhere.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

ssmagus posted:

Does even a modded multiplayer server work? will be up for multiplayer if we have a good mod set for it. It'll be even better if boss health was always x32 or something.

It does if everyone has the same mods as the host (and if those mods are multiplayer friendly). tModLoader can even download and sync your modlist to the host's, but I've seen it crash a time or two with bigger load orders.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
The newest hotness for me has been making large expert maps and teleporting to hell to insta-gib the WoF with a maxed out character. Then I make a new dude and play Terraria: survival horror edition, where the slimes do 82 damage and your first torch is more valuable than any amount of gold.

Did you know that the first night on a new world is always a full moon? :shepface:

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Lorini posted:

That's the largest body of water in Hallow that I've found but I either get nothing or tin cans etc.

Any suggestions?

Short of rigging up a pump system? Buckets of water. Like, a whole bunch of them.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What I really meant to say was, do we get a new thread title?

I bet the pbat videos have some more good thread titles we can milk out of 'em.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Garfu posted:

Fun fact: that time Blue got in a ton of poo poo for viral marketing on 4chan 8 years ago... that was me.

Did you also write the poems.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Zereth posted:

why would you put an item you make using material from the Mechanical Bosses just sitting in a chest in Hell

He's referring to the mobile version, which places the drax in shadow chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

better smart cursor

I'm so loving ready