Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

drat dude these nymphs gently caress you up tho

Tell me more. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

knob posted:

apparently using the "wrong" torches decreases your luck stat

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Luck#Torch_Luck

this is like the worst idea I have ever heard.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

This is weird as gently caress, and seems pointless in a bad way. I don't want to feng-shui my light fixtures while caving, no one wants to think about that, they just want to be able to see.

Is the play now to just beeline for the mining helmet and never use torches again, defense be damned?

Put cursed torches everywhere to boost your luck, apparently.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
anyone want to try expert or master from scratch?

Augus posted:

3 NPCs in one spot will make the area a "Town" and stop enemies from spawning there, but you only need 2 NPCs nearby for the Pylon to work. So if you want mobs to keep spawning in that area, just stick to 2 houses.

How large is the area? It seems to be pretty small because I constantly have slimes and stuff spawning in my base.

Is there a mod that lets you build turrets or guards or something because it's such a pain.

watho posted:

i really like the luck and happiness mechanics, they are very similar in that if you want to farm with the maximum efficiency you need to do a bit of prep beforehand, and if you want the best prices from specific npcs you need to make sure they are matched with the ones they like in the biome they prefer. it adds a bit of thought and strategy to otherwise brainless activities

I think they're terrible since they're unexplained and also really important.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

watho posted:

does it make the game worse or does it make your current situation worse? if you knew about it from the start would using the correct torches actually make your game experience worse?

e:^ do you have a problem with any of the other opaque stuff in the game tho? genuine question

I don't like the lighting from other torches.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It would be super funny if the patch notes said "torch luck is gone" but they didn't actually change anything.

This was also funny.

ps calamity seemed interesting, in practice is it just one of those annoying "the game needs to be longer" mods like xcom long war was without the modifier that made it less long, or is it actually alright?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 21, 2020

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Make it a 160520 seed so it has crimson and corruption. :getin:

definitely goin to get in on that if i have time

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I kind of wish I could change my current world to expert or master later because I love this little base I've built.

Also is there a way to change your character's eye, skin, etc colours in game since I didn't bother with them at first or do I need to get an inventory editor or something to build a new one?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

President Ark posted:

:siren: HARDMODE EVIL CAN'T DESTROY THE UNDERGROUND JUNGLE BECAUSE BIOME GRASS DOESN'T GROW UNDERGROUND. IT CAN ONLY DAMAGE THE SURFACE JUNGLE AND SLIGHTLY ALTER THE EDGES :siren:

I'm fairly sure the spawn can because my underground jungle housing turned invalid because it was in an evil biome.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They might not be good for killing much other than critters but setting a bunch of dart traps up really makes it start to feel like a proper fortress.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Does anyone know if a hallowed ocean is loved or hated by the wizard?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Fishing is both boring and the chance to get the angler quest stuff is waaaay too low.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Also killing the dudes in front of the post-Plantera dungeon, who are non-hostile.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dreamsicle posted:

I've only played about 10 minutes of hardmode ever. I'm running a melee build with ranged as a backup/emergency option. Will a Night's Edge/Boomstick and Molten Armor be enough to not get destroyed in hardmode?

Also if I don't feel ready for a Mech boss when they spawn, can I save and exit to avoid the fight like I could with the Eye?

No to the first.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
assuming I don't need hard mode ore is there any real benefit to fishing outside of angler quests, or for crates in particular?

also how do you fish in lava? i had a magma snail but nothing was biting.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Master seems very dumb considering there's really no new content, just stats turned up.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You need 1500 sand to make a desert iirc.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You cant cross over journey and non journey worlds/characters.

and even if you could at that point just... use an inventory editor to give yourself some 999 stacks of glass or something, idk.

Khanstant posted:

NPCs respawn, right? It also seems like maybe something I would need to build a defense array or something with? Is there anything "tower defensey" I can set up in general, right now monsters walzt in and out of my town like its nothing, because it is.

They do.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are there any inventory editors for 1.4 yet?

because i've spent enough time in the dungeon I have banners for every rare spawn and have still not seen armor polish or an adhesive bandage.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think pvp deaths dont cause gold loss and that counts.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I joined the server and immediately fell into an infinite abyss of blackness.

10/10

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So uh, I tried starting my world and it said "load failed! No backup file found!"

I had it on the cloud and everything. What the hell?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Color Printer posted:

how am i supposed to tell when i'm in the caverns biome or layer or whatever, I want to find the drat goblin tinkerer!!!!!!

Depth meter.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wish NPCs would drop moving into my bedroom.

President Ark posted:

mods take time and effort to update to new versions

Hes not complaing about that, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

if their base is somehow in the underground layer and they're literally just using entirely torches to light it up instead of the wide variety of other lighting sources then i don't pity them in the least

decorate better, nerds

I made my character's name in giant flaming letters with torches, personally.