Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I've been playing a lot of Hardcore on... 1.1 I think? Haven't played 1.2 much but now I'm definitely going back. :unsmigghh:
So, are there any stupid instakills apart from 1) using the eye summon item while an eye is already spawned, 2) escaping Wall of Flesh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

No, they should make it so that wearing sunglasses blocks the petrify. Pretend they're mirrored.

Great idea for a TShock plugin.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Just quoting since it was at the bottom of the last page and I fear people may have missed it. I don't really care if it is hours played as that character, but if its something else I want to know.

I think patches reset the played time. At least one of the earlier ones seemed to did it for me.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Well you'd be wrong because a guy has already done it. Or at least claimed too. I assume it just boils down too lots of fishing in-between optimal boss squashing strategies.

VVV Yes. Also mix your bombs with gel to make sticky bombs. They are much better for controlled demolition.

This guy also did it in a few runs and wasn't insufferable (video 99 is the last boss). Didn't really use fishing.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I really wish fishing wasn't required for those good potions.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I haven't seen this article posted yet, so: http://www.pcgamer.com/mod-support-and-more-frequent-updates-are-coming-to-terraria/

Biggest thing to take away here, in my mind, is that Red wants mod support, but can't promise it, especially since internal hardcoded limits are being approached.

Terraria's code is a horrible, horrible mess. I'm really surprised that they somehow manage to update it and not break everything. That said if they do manage to add proper mod support I'd be all over it.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NyxStudios/TerrariaAPI-Server/general-devel/Terraria/Item.cs

This is based on decompiled code but .NET is pretty accurate when it comes to decompilation.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

You cannot. One easy way (well, easier than randomly wandering at least) to find statues now is to drink a dangersense potion and go spelunking in the underground desert biome. The underground desert biome doesn't have any traps or spiderwebs in it, so whenever you see a danger sparkle it'll be a pressure plate in a house hooked up to a functional statue of some kind.

Make a lot of teleportation potions and go wild :v:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

The one and only antidote to medusas is Featherfall potions. They're the only thing that negate stoned fall damage.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Last time I entered hardmode crimson was literally two-three screens to the right once I finished killing WoF a few times. Hallow was pretty far away. Not sure why, my base was pretty much at the center.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Enallyniv posted:

I kind of stopped expecting anything hugely technically impressive from the game a few weeks back when someone raised the matter of the entire item database being implemented as a very, very long IF function.

Still love Terraria in general, but goddamn the game has its fair share of design flaws.

It's technically impressive that it works and is being updated :v:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Frost Staff is a pretty solid magic weapon if you get it to drop. Also Golden Shower is good for lowering defense but that's important mostly for Expert. If you have mana problems, use Magic Cuffs and/or Mana Flower (Cuffs should be enough in boss fights when you're being hit a lot).

omeg fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 15, 2015

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Indecisive posted:

having just done the same yesterday, I heartily agree, though I did have some trouble with the wall. loving nonstop streams of bats were doing like 60 damage a hit so I had to really pay attention to them, not to mention the rear end in a top hat lava slimes that keep loving up the bridge and demons sending walls of 70 damage scythes from offscreen

Wait until the Red Devils start spawning. :gibs:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Because there's no conceivable way to have an infinite inventory with the way this game's inventory functions?

No need to make it infinite but it would be really nice to have more space, especially since so many new items were added.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't remember melee armor, but I don't think the Obsidian Shield and those boots are really doing anything for you in that fight? Try swapping them out for other things, like the Worm Scarf (that damage reduction is Very Important in Expert) and, I dunno, maybe a Band of Regeneration or a Cross Necklace?

Just remember that Scarf's damage reduction is applied after defense. That means it's only good for really damaging attacks and becomes less effective the more base defense you have. For full hallowed gear with all warding accessories plus ironskin it's about as effective as Flesh Knuckles against Twins (roughly 80/100 raw damage, 1st/2nd phase). With better armor it's even more situational.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

So, I finally killed Moonlord on hardcore (normal). He wasn't hard at all with beetle armor and a standard arena with some shields for his lasers. Hoverboard is the poo poo, and now I have Vortex Booster :fap: Didn't even need to nurse heal.
Starting out was the most difficult period: dealing with fall damage, medusas, that kind of stuff. Lost 4 characters before the successful one, all of them before even entering Dungeon. Early hardmode was pretty rough as well, I had a small panic moment when one night Twins spawned on their own. Clockwork Assault Rifle + Ichor Bullets shredded them pretty easily though. I though bosses won't spawn on their own once I killed one (Prime was the first) but I was wrong.

Expert will be a whole different story, but I need a break first :v:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Man, destroying pumpkin/frost moon with endgame gear is pretty satisfying. Good way of getting loads of money for those expensive reforges too. ~50 gold for SDMG :stare:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Overlord K posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have any basic advice for tackling him on expert? Tried him with two friends for the first time a while ago and we melted pretty fast. I was in full defense tanky mode and tried to survive by abusing regen stuff but it did me little. I was thinking of trying to go summon build this time since my Stardust Dragon staff came out of the box as Mythical. Both my friends use guns for the record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xarud63JW5Y :v:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Tempest_56 posted:

- Forge an Imp Staff using some of your spare Hellstone. The imp isn't world-shattering but you can summon one before you start the fight, it doesn't go away and free DPS is free DPS.

Also if you're using any summons, you can find a Bewitching Table in the Dungeon which grants you +1 max summons for 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Are there some house/base plan collections for TEdit or other editor available somewhere to paste into my world? Because I'm lazy.