Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

people say thing bad? must mean thing actually good smug dog emoji

I don't think it's completely that since he claims more or less "other people say it's good now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Verviticus posted:

pylons also work no matter what after you have them and two npcs, and their happiness is irrelevant. right now my forest biome has like 15 npcs, ocean and jungle each have 2, and all three pylons are fine

Oh good, I was trying to get find a suitable spot in the underground for a town. If I do change my mind and go down that route, does it matter if the houses are in the underground or cavern level, or are they the same with regards to happiness?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

You know if they don't want people to put NPCs in prison boxes you'd think they would of at least updated their movement AI to not be completely nonsensical.

Trying to design them anything that isn't just a simple cube is so hard.

AFAIK they'll still be happy even if they're in prison boxes.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I'd be fine with debuffs as well for the non-standard torches as well like putting ice torches in desert regions or corruption torches outside corruption. It's just that standard torches shouldn't be affecting luck.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I'll play Journey mode once I actually beat the Moon Lord for the first time.

To avoid double posting, are things like mini fishing biomes and seed farms necessary to get to endgame? The only major projects I've put time in are hellevators and boss arenas.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Rolling cactus's have killed me 4 times in 15 minutes. How do I best deal with them?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The scarab bomb rules so hard, hellevators are much less tedious now.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I've only played about 10 minutes of hardmode ever. I'm running a melee build with ranged as a backup/emergency option. Will a Night's Edge/Boomstick and Molten Armor be enough to not get destroyed in hardmode?

Also if I don't feel ready for a Mech boss when they spawn, can I save and exit to avoid the fight like I could with the Eye?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Just went to my snow biome for the first time in hardmode and it seems the corruption "V" pattern completly consumed it. Besides having to put the NPCs who like snow in another biome, will I have to worry about anything else like eventually losing snow biome enemies? I still see wolves and ice elementals, but I'm not sure if they'll go away.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Kalas posted:

Seriously, this is what Journey mode and item research is for.

Don't you still need to get the item normally first? It wouldn't help if he never acquired the lava charm.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

You can duplicate crates. It just takes ten of them.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I was thinking about the charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Zereth posted:

you know do I like Calamity, or do I like the idea of there being a bunch of stuff left to do after the moon lord and kinda dislike Calamity itself? :thunk:

I guess on this topic, were the other big content mods any good? I was fascinated by Thorium and Spirit.