Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

kazil posted:

Update on UFO mount:

You can fly and shoot. Goodbye rocket boots, wings, and balloons!

Whhh... What? Mount? Does it impede you in any way whatsoever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

1) Can I convert an existing world to Expert Mode?

2) Does Expert Mode have its own Hard Mode?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Full turtle, 69 defense, and vamp knives lets me crush expert non-hardmode bosses really easy. Especially with wings.

I don't really want to make a new intricate flying base just cause of expert world, but I know I have to. One day... I didn't even finish my old one.

Note the kill-everything-that-moves spikeball traps!

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Huh. Sure glad I'm exploring with my main guy, cause on my humble small expert world, I was looking through the root system of what I guess is a living tree, saw a chest behind two doors, didn't notice the pressure plate, and was glad to be standing with 15 of my 415 hp remaining.

Now I have a Leaf wand and a Living Wood wand, yay!

E: Wow, and Banners give combat buffs against different types of monsters, crazy.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 2, 2015

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Honestly my biggest gripe is that I can't just convert my existing world over to it. It seems fine, but, dammit, rebuilding again... just glad I got my gear when I had time to burn before so I can casually jump on and mess around in expert mode.

Plus it can't possibly be that bad if you're, you know, ~a terraria expert~ since there have been so many quality of life changes. Hell, just getting any flail/yoyo means combat is vastly easier and there are so many ways to get them early. Sure you may not instakill bosses immediately, but you can still do the progression and get powerful again.

gently caress starting over forever, especially on expert mode, ain't nobody got time for that

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Alright, Expert Eye of Cthulu's item is pretty awesome, yay dashing. Expert Wall of Flesh's extra accessory slot is cool too. There's sooooo much to this update. I want to make a PDA and finish my drat Ankh Shield. The parts better still drop in expert hard mode...

E: If there's some kind of bag of infinite holding for lovely blocks like dirt and stone and the basic ores, I may never stop playing this game. I need to sleep, I have work and drinking to do tomorrow, like an adult.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 2, 2015

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I don't remember how I got it, but the Nimbus Rod is stupidly good for farming if you set up a vertical area to farm. Like, crazy good. I remember making a platform above a crimson cavern drop and just shooting nimbus clouds above me, maybe to the left and right; everything died as it approached since the clouds are like turrets that shoot straight down for insane damage. That's how I got my crimson key regs for my vamp knives which have so far trivialized expert mode, though I haven't done hard mode bosses yet.

Vamp knives are SO good since they get melee weapon bonuses and act like a shotgun that shoots super fast and they heal you because they're dumb.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Instead it introduces and immediately abandons a throwing class, when they nerfed the poo poo out of all the good throwing weapons going into 1.3

I'm not going to say there's more than one good throwing weapon, or that it's not a huge pain in the rear end to get, and obviously I geared very specifically for melee damage, but throwing is pretty legit.

Now, would I use any other throwing weapon? Hell no. Maybe that possessed hatchet, I haven't tried yet.

Luckily, throwing is the same as melee, so I get use all manner of fun weapons.

Also, I keep that Clockwork rifle loaded with Ichor bullets so I can debuff my targets, though I should really just start making flasks more regularly.

Also-also, switching to the beetle armor for damage is pretty awesome. The beetle armor that adds a single hit of 45% damage reduction is stupid as hell.

LightningSquid posted:

Anyone have any advice on killing Expert Plantera? I've got a decent arena and Chlorophyte armor but I can only get him to the second phase before he eats me alive.

It sucks. Clear out a huge area in the jungle to fight in, and if you can, stack movement modifiers. I failed on my attempt to use a flooded arena with a moonshell, but that was going well until I left it. My third attempt I just got lucky as hell that I kept focus on dodging and whittled him down.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 21, 2015

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

There's a specific throwing weapon type for all those javelins, shurikens, bones, grenades, and molotovs out there. Fossil armor from the antlion desert gives you +20% throwing damage/projectile speed and a 50% chance not to use thrown items. The ninja armor from the slime king does the same thing with less chance to not consume ammo.

Whoa, that sucks. Totally forgot about shuriken and throwing knives and stuff. Fossil armor is a neat idea. Too bad slapping some beetle husks on it to make it a lategame version isn't possible, especially with a super kludge fix like "+125 thrown damage per projectile" or something.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Supremezero posted:

Use a minecart. You move automatically at a speed you control, so you can just get yourself at a speed that you can place wire as fast as you can, and just let the minecart handle the movement.

Alternatively Frozen Slime Blocks.

...you'd have to have a minecart track laid to the teleporter at which case why not just lay the wire, unless there's some way to just use a cart without a track?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I thought Solar pillar was bad, but Nebula is a thousand times worse by far just because of those teleporting guys that may as well be unignorable crawltipedes since they teleport in front of you as you're moving, causing melee damage every drat time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Does the presence of lava alone trigger any kind of biome, like if I was to make that lake a few posts back out of lava instead of water?