Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
King slime spawned in our new multiplayer world. Could barely dent his 7k hp and watched him teleport around the map when we tried to lead him away from our base. Spent most of the time sitting afk dead. Incredibly unfun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Is anyone else having problem with trees not growing? I've planted tons of acorns in my snow biome with nothing but open skies and plenty of space around them, but they never seem to grow.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Is there any good method of finding fossils in the underground desert? I tried Spelunker pots but the fossils don't light up, so I'm just picking around kinda blindly looking.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

What are people finding compliments summoning builds well? I imagine most people are using magic to give them an active ranged attack that doesn't rely on specialized gear to keep your ammo/projectiles in stock. I've been messing around with some melee options as my multiplayer group approaches the end of normal mode.

Also, gently caress the 10min timer on the Bewitching Table. I've taken to just carrying one around with me to plop down and pick up since the buff timer is so short.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Anyone else in multiplayer getting bugs with the expert mode boss bags? We were catching a friend up and the wall of flesh dropped a bag with nothing in it for me, then we killed the twins and 3/4 of us got no bags at all.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Has anyone discovered what spawn conditions need to occur for the dark Lamia to appear? The wiki shows two Lamia mobs each dropping a mask, but the blond ones are the only ones I've ever seen.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I'm curious what the "unfuck the world" thing is. I've always wanted world gen options, like crimson or corruption, copper or tin and such. I may pick this up again after the patch, though I need to figure out a 'balanced' starting set of tools to make early building not feel so tedious and lovely. I may just drop in the Laser Drill or Mining Mount just to use for town building and excavating only. If I don't I always end up spending way too much time trying to get ready to build and end up never playing the game.

Also, is there a certain depth (or height) at which goblin armies and such won't be able to get into your base? I always hated trying to make separate npcs homes and trying to defend that dumbshit against invasions and bosses.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Cennxx just tweeted a 1.3.2 feature which sounds very nice; Chest Sorting. I've not dived into 1.3.1 yet (busy with other games and waiting for mods to update) but 1.3.2 talk already is interesting.

https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/738438013756280832

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Does melee speed effect things like flails and boomerangs? I am gearing up for expert WoF and beyond and would like to use flails but not sure how I should be statting my armor and trinkets. I know Godly is the best mod they can get, but I wasn't sure if that was because Legendary has +size, which they can't get, or if speed was also static for them.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Terraria Otherworld progress report. Sounds like they are hard at work to make sure the game is up to snuff, even if it means delays and reworking a lot.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-otherworld-bringing-you-up-to-speed.47302/

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Wolpertinger posted:

I've never trusted quick stack to chest because it somehow always ended up stealing items i wanted to keep on me, so Magic Storage was really easy to acclimate to, since i just shift-click stuff into it like usual.

That used to happen to me, but since they added/I remembered assigning items to favorite status it stopped being a problem.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Anyone have a trip report on Antiaris yet? Considering a new game with Thorium and Calamity and might try Antiaris to see if the creator has indeed learned to edit and put quality over quantity. I like the idea of the guide having a house, I will say. Always seemed odd to just find that fool just wandering around the woods ready to be savaged. Some guide he is.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Turd In A Jar for some tornadic turd jumps

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Is Revengeance mode for Calamity recommended? I'll just be playing solo so I wasn't sure how useful/balanced it is for that.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Curious why there are two Merchants in that shot. Seems like it means something, just not sure what.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I enjoyed Calamity up until the Providence boss, post moonlord. The mechanics just felt like an awful bullet hell and once I finally managed to kill it I lost interest in continuing.

I also kinda wish the artists for Calamity would put out a base game retexture mod.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

One thing I really liked about the Cheat Sheet mod was the ability to copy and paste tiles and walls in-game (in addition to just grabbing piles of what should be readily available but time-consuming resources to gather). I could start slow and build some things by hand, but then as there became more and more npcs I could easily replicate some of the base homes I made and then just modify them.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

This may seem an odd question to ask here, but how does Minecraft hold up these days? I know it doesn't have nearly the progression content that Terraria does, but I am wondering if it might scratch some of that exploration/building itch while waiting for 1.3.6 (and the subsequent mods/tmodloader to update). I was also looking at No Man's Sky but am going to wait for a sale on that one.

e: asking here specifically to know if people who enjoyed Terraria liked it. I know there is a thread for the game.

graynull fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 7, 2019

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Good to get a hard date. Though for me the real date will be once my essential mods are all updated. Even so, it should be a lot earlier than I was expecting.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

My group's base building strats changed dramatically once we realized the Wormhold Mirror from Thorium allowed you to teleport to npcs. Now we're planning on making smaller themed npc clusters and not running a thousand platinum worth of teleport lines everywhere (only 900 plat now probably). Magic Storage also helps so much with not having to build one giant box over and over again.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

New npc happiness and town system post

As a fan of not making mega-prisons for npcs, I am overjoyed at this system.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Boss and Item Rebalance for Journey's End

Those flail changes make my old glacial heart shudder with joy.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Sometimes I use the vaccuum in our large multiplayer worlds to make sure we're not nearing the item limit. Probably being overly cautious, but I never know who was just blast mining through poo poo with a full inventory and leaving piles of dirt on the ground (besides me).

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I regularly have early broken larva while playing with a few mods. I'll be cruising around in copper armor and 180 health in the desert and all of the sudden I'm being divebombed by that drat Beetch.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

This update is supposed to drop in about a week, right?

The 16th, in two days. Get your hole (digging tools) ready.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

For anyone curious, Calamity with getfixedboi is a wild adventure. Specifically because he put in a lot of sequence breaks. Bosses have special drops in the seed that are either from much later or can be shimmered down into HM crafting mats.

Slime king drops Calamity mana pots, Eye drops the Twins summon staff, Eater drops a jillion Light Discs to break down into hallowed bars and roll ore back to mythril, just to name a few.

E: also boss difficulty changes, not to make it sound like easy mode. Slime king is gigantic and summons rainbow slimes, Crabulon is a psychedelic trip, and goddamn Hive Mind can infinitely spawn 2 other copies. Still have not quite figured out the trick to that, so I just focus one down and die to the others.

graynull fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Also worth noting that you can bind multiple functions to the same hotkey. Like if item A and B are really never going to be used together you can just give them the same hotkey without issue. Hell, I bind a few things to the same hotkeys like Rage and Adrenaline. I think I bound my Rod/Normality button to W as that late in the game I'm really not moving up ropes and whatnot all that often.