Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxTDrd_UZoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ground floor of the new chat thread :whatup:

Birthday's in 29 days and i'm gonna be 28, i'm getting old :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
oh haaaaaay

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress YEAH JULY MOTHERFUCKER

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

T1g4h posted:

Look at dat babby.

Old crew represent.

Also, it's still almost 3 hours until July in God's favorite timezone.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

No reference to nuke chat? Color me disappointed.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
"Nice laundry. Would be a shame if someone were to SLEEP ON IT."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Just reached 68 degrees in Antartica. A new record high.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

No reference to nuke chat? Color me disappointed.

NERVA is the greatest show on Earth.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
My goal for the month is to sell 75 cars. I ended with 50 for June.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CANADA DAY

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Check your goddamn watch phone!

The Locator posted:

Also, it's still almost 3 hours until July in God's favorite timezone.

This :colbert:

So should I have someone attempt PDR on the e24? The paint is 30 years old, I can't imagine it still being flexible...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

In the neverending quest to find a route to/from school that doesn't involve toll roads, I tried a road that's mostly industrial. I knew it was closed because of high water last month, but we haven't had a decent rainstorm in awhile.

:ohdear: This... this may not be such a good idea. Wait, is that a CAR?

Car. One that looks like it was fully submerged at one point. :stare:

I did a "oh hell no" and turned around.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Is... Is that salt? :stonk:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
:bubblewoop: Got clearance from de judge to drive myself to DUI accessor training 500 mi. round trip in on my existing hardship license. Not too bad for an old (ex-)drunk. :siren:

Pray (or sacrifice your finest white goat*) that the Red Dwarf survives the trip with no major mishaps.

e: *Please don't harm any goats. They're my bros.

Arriviste fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 1, 2015

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

some texas redneck posted:

In the neverending quest to find a route to/from school that doesn't involve toll roads, I tried a road that's mostly industrial. I knew it was closed because of high water last month, but we haven't had a decent rainstorm in awhile.

:ohdear: This... this may not be such a good idea. Wait, is that a CAR?

Car. One that looks like it was fully submerged at one point. :stare:

I did a "oh hell no" and turned around.

That is some beautiful, eerie poo poo right there. GTFO, indeed.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any cars made with T-Tops anymore? I miss the gently caress out of those things.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dannywilson posted:

Is... Is that salt? :stonk:

Mud/sand. We've had more rain so far this year than all of last year combined, it has caused a ton of flooding. There's still a lot of lakefront recreation areas closed due to high water around the state, but particularly in/around DFW. Trucks are still using this road quite a bit from the looks of it, so a lot of that is just mud that's been splashed on the car as they drive by. Looks like it's been clipped at least once now too, though it's well off the road (may not have been before getting clipped).

I'm pretty surprised the city has left that car sitting for so long. Up close you can see water marks on it as the water receded, so it's been there at least a couple of weeks.

This particular road (Luna Rd in Dallas, between NW Highway and Royal Ln, for DFW goons) runs near a river that was way above flood stage during the worst of it. I just checked, it's still a bit above flood stage at the nearest NWS measurement point (which is several miles north).

Arriviste posted:

That is some beautiful, eerie poo poo right there. GTFO, indeed.

If you want eerie, I used to do urbex all the time, and have quite a few creepy photos on various websites.

My favorite site to visit is an old meat packing plant that shut down in the... early 70s? It was, at one time, a filming location for Prison Break. Sketchy as poo poo to get in now though (lots of cops always around, and it's so overgrown that it's way too easy to fall into one of the many pits on the property), so I haven't been in several years.

And congrats on the judge letting you drive!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 1, 2015

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

fakeaccount posted:

Are there any cars made with T-Tops anymore? I miss the gently caress out of those things.

There was a T-top Solstice, and the JK is available with a 'freedom top', which is a regular Jeep hardtop made into a T-top. That's all I know of.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

What the gently caress was that poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-VeJwMSH6o

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

goatse guy posted:

My goal for the month is to sell 75 cars. I ended with 50 for June.

I want to buy a truck, have no money, and I am unemployed. What can you put me in?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Re: Canada day

French fries and gravy is the poo poo. That is all.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

2/10 not accurate doesn't show the Mountie tasing, framing for terrorism and/or sexually harassing the American

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

2/10 not accurate doesn't show the Mountie tasing, framing for terrorism and/or sexually harassing the American

You're ruining all my conceptions of CANADA.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So due to bullshit reasons, I have a felony arrest on my record from years ago (was arrested for paraphernalia, I was "accidentally" booked under a section of the statute that makes it a felony, "intent to transport"; apparently I was trafficking a few milligrams of cannabis residue on the pipe. a single call to the county clerk got it bumped back down, which shows you how good their evidence was.) Which was holding up my college application status, since they ask you about felony arrests as distinct from the usual convictions.

Well...

:woop:

July's off to a good start, I suppose.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good for you man! With that first sentence I was expecting an unhappy ending to that post.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh trust me, even knowing the entire case history and the fact that I completed pre-trial diversion in 2009 (just before I reg'd here now I think of it), I was still sweating this up until I saw that email in my box.

Don't break the law kids, but also gently caress unjust laws and DOUBLE gently caress rear end in a top hat county sheriffs looking to pad their arrest record.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
page 1 day 1 for July.

Where will the thread ramble to this month?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Still June in Denver, bitches!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Oh trust me, even knowing the entire case history and the fact that I completed pre-trial diversion in 2009 (just before I reg'd here now I think of it), I was still sweating this up until I saw that email in my box.

Don't break the law kids, but also gently caress unjust laws and DOUBLE gently caress rear end in a top hat county sheriffs looking to pad their arrest record.

My brother was into the weed many years ago, back when they were making the laws stupidly harsh for casual users. He loved to go camping, and he had a Buick station wagon that he used as his camper. Well, one night he was woken up by the sheriff, who of course smelled the weed, which gave him "probable cause" for a search, and of course he found the baggy. The county prosecutor decided that he was going to be their first 'example' case of the new laws, and he got reamed with felony transport (because it was in his car which was acting as his camper), DUI (because he had the keys in the car he was sleeping in out in the woods) and several other dumb charges. They not only prosecuted everything as a Felony, but took his car under those stupid laws. The whole thing was a travesty, and the only reason he didn't go away for a decade or more was my folks ponied up for a good lawyer, and his employer got on board and not only spoke on his behalf, but made some sort of plea to the judge that if he was put in jail, that it would be likely to make his business go under (brother was the guy who maintained *everything* for that company). The judge gave him something like 7 days (which was time served) and a long probation, but he still got stuck with a Felony and lost his car.

So yea, guy who went far away from where he could possibly harm anyone else to smoke a little got the book thrown at him, just because a county prosecutor had a stick up his rear end, and a sheriff decided to wake up a guy camping out in the woods to gently caress his life up.

I've never had the desire to do any drugs, but that poo poo seriously needs to just be legalized to get that crap out of our justice system.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Ground floor of the new chat thread :whatup:

gently caress you, I turn 34 today.

Took tomorrow night off, gonna go get some good pizza and get trashed.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Locator posted:

DUI (because he had the keys in the car he was sleeping in out in the woods)

This is really common if you get caught sleeping in your car and there's ANY suspicion you may be under the influence of something (and you have keys on/near you - "near" being anywhere in the passenger compartment, generally).

I've wound up sleeping a few hours in my car after leaving a bar more than a few times, but I always lock the keys in the trunk for this very reason. That way the keys aren't on your person, nor are they within reach of you, and you can always hit the trunk release on the dash/floor/glove box/etc to get to them once you've sobered up. Or if you can't do that, you can always lock the main keys in the trunk, and hide a spare somewhere outside of the car (to open the trunk).

Of course, at that point, you're still going to get a public intox, since the cop is already obviously looking for something to nail you with, and they may still try to hit you with a DUI, but it's a lot easier to fight when the keys weren't even on you or in the passenger compartment.

That all goes out the window if there's :420: involved, but even when camping, I try to bring as little as possible with me, and keep it in something a little beefier than a sandwich bag when it comes to odor.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Back from a holiday in Paris. Fantastic place.
Spend ages trying to work out the traffic laws and gave up in the end, it is utter madness.
Saw a surprising amount of these old minis always with tiny bullbars :3

Car had it's MOT yesterday too which it passed :toot:

Got the garage to refill my aircon and they said my compressor was leaking so I thought I'd ask 13" for advise on bodging a repair

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Anyone have recommendations for decent offline navigation apps for Android? The ones I've tried so far seem to want me to drill down by Country -> State -> County -> Street Name -> Nearest Intersection, instead of just letting me type in a drat address.

My phone is shut off until the rest of my paycheck clears (Friday - after-hours deposits only make $200 available, rest shows up after 2 full business days - I deposited my check at 5:15pm, and I needed to pay more important bills with the $200 they made immediately available), and no wifi at work, so I'm kind of stuck unless I find a decent navigation app.

e: if anyone wants to know why I didn't just wait until business hours to deposit the check (which would have made the full amount available immediately), my medical insurance was going to get cancelled at midnight unless I got caught up. And I slept too late to make that happen today. :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 1, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, not heard Juggernauts in years. Saw them live opening for Chromeo about 5 years ago, they were awesome. :3:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Happy Canada Day.

I don't know if I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow or not.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

2 hours at work and 6 people have said I look like poo poo. :(

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
The scion xb looks like a golf ball with all those dents...
The euro cars faired munch better, but are still going to need a lot of work.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

mafoose posted:

The scion xb looks like a golf ball with all those dents...

Less drag == higher top speed. Look at the positives.

E: although my source shows this at a spin rate of 3000 RPM, so get to work on that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

bolind posted:

Less drag == higher top speed. Look at the positives.

E: although my source shows this at a spin rate of 3000 RPM, so get to work on that.

Also typical forward speed from a driver (where you see the most difference) is about 165 mph. So...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

2 hours at work and 6 people have said I look like poo poo. :(

Maybe you should try looking prettier for them?

• Locked thread