Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

And I expect said mounties to act like Benton Fraser.

Benton Fraser was exiled from Canada after investigating corruption in the RCMP. His father was murdered by the RCMP, too.
But, I expect that too.

Stay safe friends. I don't like reading about bad stuff happening. Especially with kids. I can't find the hug smiley so imagine it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

Everything I know about Canada is based on Due South and Arrogant Worms songs.

I like that show and the character kind of reminds me of Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks, in that they're both very knowledgeable and professional federal police officers. Maybe he'll be in the 2016 Twin Peaks... ? :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
LG makes Kenmore Elite fridges actually. Maybe all of them.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I remember somewhere in AI people were talking about garage door openers and they complained of one that triggers the lights with the beam sensors. I forgot to reply and now I don't remember where it was so you should know on LiftMaster / Craftsman you can adjust that feature.

http://liftmaster.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/157/~/why-does-the-light-turn-on-when-i-enter-the-garage%3F

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Teddy bear dog :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have this Dell Latitude E4200 laptop and it has one DDR3 slot. Is there any way to tell if it'd take a 8GB card successfully? I can't find any mention of the model in user reviews or on their forums with respect to RAM upgrades. Is it possible it was sold under a different model line for non group purchases?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Did a manual come with it? Usually the Apple ones say what it takes and how much (though they usually estimate for the RAM available at the time of manufacturer so their max RAM number is often low).

edit:
Memory module capacity 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB
NOTE: 4 GB memory modules may not be available
Memory type DDR3 SODIMM
Minimum memory 1 GB (onboard memory)
Maximum memory 5 GB capable (requires 64-bit Windows Vista® operating system)

I have a feeling it will probably address 8GB even though 8GB sticks did not exist at the time. Usually if there is a motherboard restriction it ends up at some weird number (like the first-gen Macbook Pro's 3GB).
Well I've looked at the service manual etc, they all say 4GB max but sometimes stuff works anyway...

I didn't realize it had a 1GB chip on the board. I doubt it'd work with 9GB. Oh well.

What form factor is this drive?

It doesn't look like the mSATA when I look at those on Newegg, etc.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ayyyyyyyyeeee, unlike USB, micro SATA is larger than mini SATA (mSATA). I guess there are adapter boards. I don't know if it's worth it for this thing. Maybe I shouldn't have given away my last working laptop. :D

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Yeah right. I work on the beach and this is without a doubt the worst holiday of the year for us. I have learned to hate the 4th of July and it's pretty sad really, especially since it's my wife's birthday.

I live near bars where the "frat boy" type come to hang out. I despise them. It doesn't impress me that you try and sound like somebody from Southern California 25 years ago. You can use bro less than every other word.

I had to drive after the Superbowl this year and it was terrifying.

Previa_fun posted:

I don't know if anyone is into the Fallout series but the trailer for 4 got me in the mood to play through New Vegas again. I suddenly lost Boone and couldn't find him anywhere so I used a console command to spawn him next to me.

I reloaded the game and have two Boones. :getin:
Game has always been really buggy. There is a console in the Lucky 38 that allows you to dismiss all companions for that reason. Hopefully 4 is better, but I will get it for PC regardless to get those sweet user-fixes. I am excited and finally bought the final DLC which I had never played. It's OK. I absolutely hate the long-winded, slow-talking villain. Villains like that are suppose to say very little. It's just tiring and I skipped through most of the dialogue.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Due to the crack's postion, I can run nooooo problem.

Just tripped up and landed on the knee on a hard surface. Done about 400kms since and yeeeeeep it hurt all right. Sunday got right up there in gently caress this poo poo.

What do you do to have to let it heal? Anything?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MustardFacial posted:

The one good thing about all of these fires in BC is that the smoke is blocking out the sun so much here in Vancouver that it's not nearly as hot as it used to be. Everything smells like a campfire though.

Walking outside is like being on Mars:

I'm going far up into BC next month and supposedly you can even see smoke from up there. :( Is it raining ash?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bape Culture posted:

Does anybody itt like their job or telephone???

Yes, I love my Nokia Lumia 1020. No flashing of ROMs either. Every android person talks about flashing their ROM and all that poo poo. gently caress that.

I had a job I loved but it didn't pay very much. :(

bandman posted:

TV chat:

New bulb didn't fix it. Next stop: checking for bad capacitors.

Well look at the color wheel if you haven't. They can shatter. These things are kind of temperamental too. I had a different one that had a logic board that would go bad too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Do they sell shelf-stable / aseptic packaged milk in the U.S.?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MrChips posted:

Are you building a bunker in your backyard?

I'm going somewhere remote, no towns within about 100km, small propane refrigerator, etc. for a while.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bennyfactor posted:

Yeah, you can get UHT milk, it comes in big juice box-style packages but is never with the dairy in the supermarket. I've found it with the almond milk or sometimes with the Goya brand / Latin food stuff.

There's also the old-style evaporated milk in cans that you can mix 50/50 with water, but is normally used in baking. Different from sweetened condensed milk, though. Very different.

I'll keep an eye out for it; I loved that while I was in Prague I could buy them in cartons because I had a tiny fridge so it's nice to not fill it up.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm eager to see what the Windows 10 Mobile phones will be. Crossing my fingers for a successor to the Lumia 1020.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MikeyTsi posted:

I've got a 1520 RM-938 (International version with 32GB internal memory, QI support, and US LTE bands) as my primary phone running Windows 10, a 920 as my backup running 8.1, and a 635. I've got ANOTHER 1520 (the nerfed at&t one) sitting in a box just in case something terrible happens to my nice one. Girlfriend has an 830.

WP is some great software. I absolutely hate the Android and iOS interfaces. Now if we could just get some real third party developer support.

You'll be able to run Android apps natively although I don't know when they'll put it in the beta if they haven't already. I just have my 1020 and an HTC 8X as backup but that one won't update past a certain version and it won't do picture messages for some reason. 1520 would be a good phone to have too, but I decided it was a bit too large for me.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have a spare tire from 1993 in my Mercedes. I should replace it, but I keep thinking maybe it'll be valuable to sell it with "original spare" someday. Haha yeah right.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Posting in BSS would be suffering enough. I still don't get why an entirely resonable person like yourself would even think about being near those terrible people.

Did...did you just call Rhyno reasonable? :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Why doesn't the U.S. have Chip + PIN for credit cards, or something? I literally went through the stolen credit card thing 3 weeks ago, now again. Come on!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Locator posted:

The cards are being issued (I've had 2 of mine replaced with chip cards now), but this:

Is a very real issue. It's going to be forced soon though, as fees will skyrocket for non EMV devices through the processors. I don't remember the actual timing (since I don't work on that area, and all my stuff is already EMV certified), but it's not far off. Eventually the higher fees will outweigh the cost of new devices and the merchants will cave and buy new ones.

I don't know how much of a difference it makes but they're doing chip + signature for my cards vs chip and pin. Nobody looks at signatures so it still seems weak.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I haven't had them in many years but Hamburger Habit seems to be spreading across California and maybe more and I recall their teriyaki char being quite good.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Locator posted:

I'd forgotten about them. We had one of those open up near work (Chandler area SE of Phoenix) about a year ago. Went there with a free coupon. It was good, but apparently didn't blow me away since I've not been back. :)

I've only been to the original and it's been more than 10 years so things can change too.

NitroSpazzz posted:

One of my cards is chip+PIN and so far the only place I've been able to use it is WalMart. Plenty of places have the reader for them but don't have it enabled.

Yeah, I have two cards that are chip + signature but haven't been able to use them yet. I want to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I am very powerful

• Locked thread