Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who gets your ONE SINGLE VOTE for June, 2015?
This poll is closed.
:eyepop: Prince Puma (Lucha Underground Champion) 26 17.45%
:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 23 15.44%
:human being: AJ Styles (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 8 5.37%
:freep: Jay Briscoe (FORMER ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 71 47.65%
:goku: Hirooki Goto (IWGP Intercontintal Champion) 1 0.67%
:patriot: Kurt Angle (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 3 2.01%
:slick: BxB Hulk (FORMER Open the Dream Gate Champion) 2 1.34%
:jeb: Masato Yoshino (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 4 2.68%
:dukedog: Hiroyoshi Tenzan (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) 1 0.67%
:grin: More Like.... CHUMPions! (None of the Above) 10 6.71%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Two months ago, because one single vote couldn't POSSIBLY make a difference, Prince Puma won the monthly poll by one single vote. Last month, because one single vote couldn't POSSIBLY make a difference, Prince Puma and Seth Rollins tied to win the poll. This month, will one single vote (that cannot POSSIBLY make a difference) make a difference yet again? Or will a new challenger prove lethal to the chances of everybody else?

To be eligible, a wrestler needs to have held any of the currently Punchsport Pagoda accepted title belts for at least one day of the month OR had at least one title defense since becoming Champion. This means if someone wins the title on the last day of the month and defends it that night, they're eligible, and if they win the title on the first day of the month and don't defend it at all, they're eligible. The only case where someone won't be eligible is if they win the title on the last day of the month and don't defend it. Please note that belts for promotions such as PWG haven't been included in monthly polls so far because not only can months go by where the Champion doesn't defend their belt, but where the Champion doesn't make an appearance or even do a promo about his title. If you feel this is inaccurate and you are willing to provide me with links/information etc on a monthly basis showing why your favorite promotion's Champion is actively doing stuff as champ and deserves to be on the poll, then I'm happy to change this stance. Also, given some of the things that have been said over the last few months, the monthly "None of the Above" option is now just as valid a "winner" as any other Champion. If enough people truly feel none of the current Champions deserve a vote, that will be reflected in the final results.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone - Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread!

:eyepop: Prince Puma (Lucha Underground Champion) - So what did Prince Puma do this month? Well outside of all the top angles in the company revolving around everybody trying their best to get a title shot against Puma at Ultima Lucha - Puma also reminded everybody why he is the champion when he went over Johnny Mundo in an All Night Long (Iron Man) match. Despite Mundo's use of shortcuts to get an early lead and attempts to run away when Puma began to catch up, he simply could not stop Puma who was still actually elevating his in-ring work at the END of the long and brutal match. Considered by many yet another MOTYC, Puma continues to dazzle everybody month after month after month and June was no exception. The question is, will it be enough to get him your ONE SINGLE VOTE?

:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) - Things were looking bad for Rollins at the start of the month, as his arrogance had driven even his closest allies (including J&J Security) away. But despite suffering a loss to the retired J&J, after just barely retaining his title in an excellent ladder match against Dean Ambrose at the Money in the Bank PPV, it just drove him to further heights of arrogance. That all seemed to backfire when Brock Lesnar returned for his long awaited revenge, causing Seth to rush back to his Authority stablemates to try and convince them to return to the fold (and apologize to HIM in the process!). Whatever he said seemed to work though, after his own forced apology he was attacked by Brock but saved by Kane and J&J, and he ended the month on a high by showering them with gifts, defeating Roman Reigns and Ambrose in a No-DQ match and seemingly getting away scott-free - the end, no moral! Except of course, Brock is still coming for him, and his days are surely numbered - has his delightful trashtalk and arrogant heeling been enough to knock him over the edge to get your ONE SINGLE VOTE?

:human being: AJ Styles (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Though he's been highly visible thanks to the ROH/New Japan crossover shows, AJ has had a very quiet month as IWGP Champion due to the concentration at the time on the Super Juniors. As a result, there is little to recommend him for voting regarding specific actions as the Champ, though you could easily argue even his appearances in tags on behalf of New Japan bring his starpower and credibility as Champion to any show he performs on. The choice is yours, use your OWN SINGLE VOTE as you like.

:freep: Jay Briscoe (FORMER ROH World Champion) - Undefeated for over two years, Jay Briscoe was making up for years of being the guy who couldn't quite get it done in his challenges for the ROH Title. But all streaks come to an end, and so it was for Jay Briscoe who took on the other undefeated Jay in Ring of Honor and finally lost in a completely clean fashion. It was a hell of a passing of the torch, but I imagine most of your ONE SINGLE VOTEs that could have gone to this Jay are gonna end up going to....

:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) - Considered by some as the best Champion in pro-wrestling over the last couple of years, Jay Lethal hasn't been eligible so far because he held ROH's secondary title (arguments about the IWGP IC Title notwithstanding). But Lethal himself insisted he had risen the prestige of the TV Title so high it should be considered THE top belt, and after going so far as to remove the word Television from the belt, Lethal was shoved into a match against World Champion Jay Briscoe with both titles on the line.... and Jay Lethal won. Clean. As a sheet. Hitting Briscoe with his own finishing move (the Jay Driller) followed by his own Lethal Injection, Lethal pinned the seemingly undefeatable Briscoe and gained his respect to boot, getting a shake of the hand after establishing without any shadow of a doubt that he is the greatest wrestler currently in Ring of Honor.... though now Roderick Strong is looking to challenge that position. It's been a long journey to the top for Lethal, misused for so long in TNA just like AJ Styles before him, and like AJ his move to a different promotion saw his remarkable qualities immediately stand out. I imagine Lethal is gonna get a LOT of votes this month, including perhaps your ONE SINGLE VOTE, but will it be enough to win the poll?

:goku: Hirooki Goto (IWGP Intercontintal Champion) - Like with AJ above, Goto didn't do much as IC Champion this month due to the Super-Junior tournament. He was a constant presence all throughout the month in a variety of multi-man tag matches though, but there isn't much to say regarding the IC Belt throughout June, this is simply the way New Japan structures their years, and it's a system that seems to work pretty well for them.

:patriot: Kurt Angle (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - TNA is going through some tough times at the moment, and so is Kurt Angle, who currently requires neck surgery for a (thankfully benign) tumor. Kurt has worked his way through the people who have laid claim to his title, but he still (due to the nature of the taping schedule) has to face the undefeated Ethan Carter III who has smugly taken advantage of his position in life to put himself into position to claim yet another accolade for his own ego. Can Kurt defeat him? Of course many of you already know the answer, but as of yet the shows haven't aired, so for now officially speaking the result remains up in the air. Will the American Hero prevail, or will the 1%er claim even more gold for himself? Either way, you should always take the chance to cast your ONE SINGLE VOTE for Kurt if he is your favorite.

:slick: BxB Hulk (FORMER Open the Dream Gate Champion) - BxB Hulk's title reign came to an end in the midst of another month of heavy workload, with plenty of tag matches both before and after his title match. This time however he was not successful, and this is your last chance for a time to give your ONE SINGLE VOTE to him.

:jeb: Masato Yoshino (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - Winning the Title for the third time, I have to admit I know little about Masato Yoshino, so if you do, please explain to people what his appeal is, why he's a good wrestleman, and why people should give their ONE SINGLE VOTE to him!

:dukedog: Hiroyoshi Tenzan (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) - Just like with AJ and Goto, Tenzan did nothing this month as NWA Champion due in part to the Super Juniors, which didn't allow much room for Bruce Tharpe to bring over any of his wrestlers to take a shot at the belt.

:grin: More Like.... CHUMPions! (None of the Above) - If all of the above wrestlers are disappointment and defects to you, vote for none of the above to express your displeasure, or just so you can see the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dammit, I was sure I used the poll tag - my browser crashed once halfway through making this thread so I guess I just forgot to do it the second time.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
No Jeff Jarrett, forced to vote none of the above

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

No Jeff Jarrett, forced to vote none of the above

That reminds me that I forgot to mention, I believe Pro Wrestling Illustrated no longer recognizes the TNA title as a World Title :laugh:

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Masato Yoshino is the fastest wrestler in the world and alternately hates and is best friends with Naruki Doi

If you don't vote for Masato Yoshino you're a scrub and a half, mang.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jay Lethal just ended the best feud of the year with one of the best matches of the year. The culmination of two years or making the TV Title has own, and 12 years of toiling in the midcard, Jay Lethal is the Real World Champ and he proved it. His title win was moving and an important moment for roh and also wrestling. This isn't a contest.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 1, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the proper abbreviation would be SATV: YONBHFTNA

Also Jay Lethal hold two world titles, the ROH World Title and the REAL World Title and there for is the best.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 1, 2015

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jay Lethal is really the only choice

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Hulk v Yoshino hasn't aired yet and I don't feel comfortable voting for Yoshino based on his tag team title run (although it was really great). Yoshino did win Dragon Gate's big singles tournament and was the only person "of his generation" to be Hulk which is of merit.

I'm voting Hulk if only because he made a title run that I was very blasé about into something. He went from Dragon Gate's biggest loser into a credible champion/guy to headline major events after his Dream Gate reign.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

HulkaMatt posted:

Jay Lethal is really the only REAL World Champion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Yoshino had a 5 star match with no build IN ROH, let's see Lethal try that

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the greatest first generation wrestler of all time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gotta go with Jay Lethal.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Anyone not voting for Jay Lethal is a loser.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Going for Prince Puma because LU is by far the most entertaining wrestling I've seen in the past year and Ricochet is godly.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

HulkaMatt posted:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Finally, Jay Lethal's time to shine!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

tonight...is the night... i've been waiting for!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think this is the first year where we're going to have champions from more than 3 companies.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm dumb!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

I think this is the first year where we're going to have champions from more than 3 companies.

BxB Hulk in December of last year made it three promotions represented :)

Edit: When Lethal wins this, though, it'll be four promotions represented this year!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

BxB Hulk in December of last year made it three promotions represented :)

Edit: When Lethal wins this, though, it'll be four promotions represented this year!

2012 had TNA champ Austin Aries as well as ROH and WWE champions.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That's why he said more than three, guys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow, I can't read at all :sweatdrop:

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Please remove TNA as the well respected journal Pro-Wrestling Illustrated does not consider their belt to be superior to SSW. Or add SSW to the list.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

maxallen posted:

Please remove TNA as the well respected journal Pro-Wrestling Illustrated does not consider their belt to be superior to SSW. Or add SSW to the list.

bahahahaha

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

maxallen posted:

There's no point in continuing the poll in that case, as obv Beau James would just win every monthly and yearly poll from then until the site goes extinct.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

im really glad to see jay lethal finally get his due, ive been a fan of his for years and he deserves it as much as anybody

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jay lethal BAYBAY

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Lethal is obviously going to win, so I voted for AJ based off of that awesome ROH 6-man tag I saw live..

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

roddy 2 hoddy

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

HulkaMatt posted:

PWG Champion Roderick Strong is going to make it five soon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's not a world title that is a municipal title

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The PWG title is a world title in my heart god dammit please put it on the poll.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I really did vote for Yoshino because I love DG and he's one of my favs in particular, but I'm surprised he got (as of this post) 2 more votes, while Jay Briscoe is still sitting at 0

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

I really did vote for Yoshino because I love DG and he's one of my favs in particular, but I'm surprised he got (as of this post) 2 more votes, while Jay Briscoe is still sitting at 0

Jay Briscoe isn't the Real World Champion

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

duyarvish posted:

PWG Champion Roderick Strong is going to make it five soon

my brotha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

DynamiteKidd posted:

What argument does Briscoe have?

• Locked thread