Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EROTIC
VIOLENCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Lurdiak posted:

That's a lot of titties.

that opening laugh was just me from the end of the video time travelling to the beginning of it

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Konami no

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Is that Neil Stephenson getting pissed off for some reason?

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Mak0rz posted:

Still never played it. Seems like the ducktales NES game but with a knight dude instead of a crotchety old scotsman (that also happens to be a duck) and that's pretty good in my books because ducktales fuckin owns

You're pretty much right on that, feels a lot like duck tales. It also has some of the best chip tune music I've ever heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMhyw7aWAE

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Colonel posted:

I've got a Fallout itch again, but I'm going to try and hold off until I finish The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. I also just grabbed Freedom Planet and Shovel Knight and I don't know which one to play first. I still need to finish EarthBound.

Shovel Knight = Ducktales
Freedom Planet = Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Both are pretty good, Shovel Knight is a little easier to pick up and put down due to shorter level length.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Freedom Planet is good, whereas Shovel Knight is outright fantastic and legitimately contributes to and expands its genre; if you were only going to play one I'd strongly recommend it's Shovel Knight

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here's my review of Shadow Warrior 2013:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CJacobs posted:

EROTIC
VIOLENCE

not even the best kind of violence

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

10/10

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Episode 3 is real

no

SquadronROE posted:

Is that Neil Stephenson getting pissed off for some reason?
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-09/20/failure-of-neal-stephenson-kickstarter

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lurdiak posted:

Shadow Warrior is a good game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Guess what's coming next to Vita - I mean STEAM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JOaE4H_dEw

The world of Fencers and fairies gets updated with a 1080p graphic overhaul! Fairizing never looked so good!

What the gently caress is fairizing?

Lurdiak posted:

What is a 2D anime doing in a 3D game

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Cardboard Box A posted:

What is a 2D anime doing in a 3D game

lo wang soap you good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Yooka-Laylee, the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, is going to be published by Team17.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Yooka-Laylee, the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, is going to be published by Team17.
I've really enjoyed the successively worse and worse versions of Worms Armageddon they've been making for the last 15 years.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've really enjoyed the successively worse and worse versions of Worms Armageddon they've been making for the last 15 years.
World Party was better than Armageddon but the Steam remake of it sucks.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Sonic Colors is one of the only 3D Sonic games that is actually good so I believe that Jim Sterling deserves this nefarious backstab.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the sonic account is really good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

the sonic account is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhsj9J0BbqM

yup

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sleeveless posted:

Was one of the kickstarter stretch goals a time machine so you could go back to 2007 when Dropsy was still interesting and relevant and setting GBS on fire?

do you actually have a point, or did you just decide it's bad because it was popular years ago here

game looks rad

e: hahahahahah no wonder my gut was telling me to pay no attention to Yooka Laylee

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 31, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

drat, just gonna be one of THOSE days, huh?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

scrub

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

(these screenshots are from the arcade game Avenging Spirit, to give context)

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 31, 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUampXvdwOY&t=49s

The Colonel posted:

(these screenshots are from the arcade game Avenging Spirit, to give context)
Now THIS is a compelling setup

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

i just saw this trailer for a christian film that seems to basically amount to assassins creed 3: the movie lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pX6Ih7YhQ8

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How the bloody hell is that a christian film?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Shortest Path posted:

Dunno. It's how Wikipedia described it :shrug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i mean the best christian movie of all time is the mission, wherein robert de niro fights a guerilla war against the spanish and argues with jeremy irons a lot

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

StashAugustine posted:

i mean the best christian movie of all time is the mission, wherein robert de niro fights a guerilla war against the spanish and argues with jeremy irons a lot

I like the one where Hercules' Kevin Sorbo argues with a college philosophy professor about god or whatever

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
It looks better than the real Assassins Creed movie is likely to be at least.

The Shortest Path posted:

Much like with Christian Music, the Christian Film Industry basically exists to copycat the larger film industry just with a bit less sex and bad language. It doesn't mean the films or music expound upon Christian themes or grapple with theological questions to any real degree.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One more reason that Tyler Perry is the best Christian filmmaker working today.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cardboard Box A posted:

Much like with Christian Music, the Christian Film Industry basically exists to copycat the larger film industry just with a bit less sex and bad language. It doesn't mean the films or music expound upon Christian themes or grapple with theological questions to any real degree.

It also looks uber-patriotic. There are a bunch of Christian films about good cops and hero soldiers and poo poo too.

The people who want public school history curricula to be more nationalist are mostly the same people who want public school biology curricula to teach creationism; there's a long history of Christian nationalism in the US and (obviously) in the last few decades the American right has been really, really good at promoting that agenda.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Colonel posted:

What exactly does that entail for a self-funded digitally-released game tho?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope they don't gently caress up YL by adding time trials or some poo poo like that.

I loving hate time trials. I had my fill when I 100%ed both Rayman origins and Legends.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Time trials are fun and satisfying if the game mechanics are suited for it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I actually don't think I did the time trial stuff in Rayman Origins, but I'd say that game felt like it would be perfectly suited to those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope they don't gently caress up YL by adding time trials or some poo poo like that.

I loving hate time trials. I had my fill when I 100%ed both Rayman origins and Legends.

Jesus why do they have to put all this loving content in games. God drat

• Locked thread