Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Why buy a psp when ppsspp does it 100 times better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

program666 posted:

I'm guessing you probably don't know the psp has two monster hunters

so does the 3ds, and they're working on a third.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

theultimo posted:

Why buy a psp when ppsspp does it 100 times better?

i guess if you really, really need a translation for the menus in project diva extend

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

program666 posted:

I'm guessing you probably don't know the psp has two monster hunters

okay and there's like 20 other mh games that are not (or not exclusively) on sony handhelds????

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
out of all the monhuns you can currently emulate i'm pretty sure the last PSP one is considered the best

i mean there is tri on the wii but apparently all it has over 3rd is underwater stuff that doesn't work very well

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lemme emulate a MH game instead of playing it on the 3DS

I'll take 2 lumps of gaming leprosy in my pre game coffee good sir

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
but i thought PPSSPP couldn't run Dangan Ronpa, which i am given to believe is the only PSP game worth playing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

but i thought PPSSPP couldn't run Dangan Ronpa, which i am given to believe is the only PSP game worth playing

newer versions are supposed to run it perfectly now

also that's wrong because the psp has power stone, nayuta no kiseki, ys seven and hatsune miku

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i wanted to do the ffv job fiesta thing but ive never played ffv before and also i had other poo poo to do

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
im happy everyone appears to be enjoying themselves though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think there should be an FF3 job fiesta also :get in:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I never had one, but didn't the PSP have a decent library by the end?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

the PSP has a lot of very cool games, many of which never made it out of japan

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

precision posted:

i think there should be an FF3 job fiesta also :get in:

That'd be an awful idea for a plethora of reasons. The chief one being that FF3 is bad.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Motto posted:

It never really got over the handicap of being a 3d-oriented system with only one analog joystick.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

It never really got over the handicap of being a 3d-oriented system with only one analog joystick.

This didn't stop the 3DS

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The PSP and Vita are extremely awesome assuming you can read Japanese and live in Japan.

Otherwise, get a 3DS. Which reminds me that i got Bowsers inside Story and lost my 3DS. The saddest part is that i had the radical looking Fire Emblem Awakening DS with Animal Crossing and MegaMan 4 downloaded onto the sd in addition to Awakening.

RIP my village.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Motto posted:

That'd be an awful idea for a plethora of reasons. The chief one being that FF3 is bad.

actually, it's not

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I really like ff3, but they improved everything good (and fixed everything bad) about it in ff5 so I don't feel much point in playing it anymore

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I need to play a metroidvania. Valdis Story any good?

genpj
Aug 11, 2012

Do you remember Digital Homicide? Guys behind awful Slaughtering Grounds?

Long story short:
Jim Sterling made video about their "creation" and DH responded with reuploading his video with bitter text commentary. When Jim used THEIR video and basically recorded himself laughing for 5 min over it, they created another text commentary and when they realized they will not win that way, DH removed all their videos and issued DMCA strike towards Jim. Then they said that some AMAZING things, like Jim's video is not protected by fair use because his video is not fair :D.

And the best update to this shitfest:
DH requested interview with Jim resolve all issues. It is a lot of shouting and laughing but if you like to listen to trainwreck happening in front of your eyes (or ears) its worth a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/jimquisition/special-jim-sterling-and-digital-homicide-hash-it-out

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

It's a really good game with some really rough edges. The combat is tight and well designed, each character has multiple weapons and playstyles but it also requires fighting game levels of precision on occasion and it dicks you over with unsignposted boss fights which will almost certainly kill you the first time you try them. Platforming is again tight and reasonably challenging but some optional sequences to get weapon parts and rare materials have incredibly small margins for error and require perfectly executed dash cancels.

If you've got a bit of patience and you're not terrible at games I'd really strongly recommend it still, it's really rewarding to play and has a huge amount of depth for a beat em up metroidvania

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kewpuh posted:

i wanted to do the ffv job fiesta thing but ive never played ffv before and also i had other poo poo to do

it runs to August and runs about 20 hours if you drag your feet

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Lemme emulate a MH game instead of playing it on the 3DS

I'll take 2 lumps of gaming leprosy in my pre game coffee good sir

Uh, playing on my 40'' tv using a xbox 360 controller in 3D? Funny definition for leprosy.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

program666 posted:

I mean, I'm overall sick of FPS games but it's still much much better than the diablo gameplay.

it really isnt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

borderlansd is a really bad fps

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Stux posted:

it really isnt

I know most people prefer the Gnat Attack-like gameplay of diablo but I personally really don't like it. Playing diablo 3 with a controller would be the second and last reason for me to ever get a ps4, right after whatever disgaea they will put out for the system, if I ever buy one.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

diablo on kb+m is just a twin stick shooter done wrong when you think about it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

program666 posted:

diablo on kb+m is just a twin stick shooter done wrong when you think about it

oh yeah you need to play it on a console really, kbm is just not suited to it at all unless you really love clicking over and over again

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

program666 posted:

me on posting is just an Adam Bowen done wrong when you think about it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

but I got the retard av first :smugdowns:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
i was gonna post a list of terrible posters who post in the chat threads (terribly) but then I realized

a) It would be really long

b) I am on this list

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

We have an active Castlevania thread and they would give you a million suggestions and reviews if you ask. I did a quick look through the thread and the only real mention of Valdis story was that it's pretty good, but don't expect interesting story/characters and apparently there's some lovely platforming later in it?

Stux posted:

oh yeah you need to play it on a console really, kbm is just not suited to it at all unless you really love clicking over and over again

Wait, D3 doesn't have controller support on pc?

Jon Do posted:

i was gonna post a list of terrible posters who post in the chat threads (terribly) but then I realized

a) It would be really long

b) I am on this list

The chat threads themselves are just lists of the worst posters in games.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i have ff3 on the ds and have not finished it yet, or really played it yet

come to think of it, my physical game backlog pile is gonna get steam library hand waved soon

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
if you are wanting a metroidvania and havent played axiom verge

i dont know what to tell you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hubris.height posted:

Don't ever play this abomination hth

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hubris.height posted:

come to think of it, my physical game backlog pile is gonna get steam library hand waved soon

FF2 and 3 have aged much more poorly than FF1 did.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is it as horrifying as the game boy luffia games?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hubris.height posted:

is it as horrifying as the game boy luffia games?

I dunno, as I've never played them, but the ds version of ff3 is just loving awful so don't play it please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sleeveless posted:

I haven't really been following the Star Citizen bullshit too closely as of late but they just announced that the FPS portion of the game has been "delayed indefinitely". :toot:

Not as funny as their recent announcement that you can pay $400 for a diner dash minigame

• Locked thread