Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is arkham knight any good on ps4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

better than on pc

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Do you like driving in open world games? If not, wait till its cheaper.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

is arkham knight any good on ps4?

its good in the sense that it works and looks good. its meh in the sense that most of the game is tedious side "quests" and the main story is like 4 hours long (and very dumb for plot reasons and also several car based boss fights)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hubris.height posted:

is it as horrifying as the game boy luffia games?

Hey, Lufia 3 is good outside of the terrible dungeons.

Lufia 4 though, yuck.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

its good in the sense that it works and looks good. its meh in the sense that most of the game is tedious side "quests" and the main story is like 4 hours long (and very dumb for plot reasons and also several car based boss fights)

ugh

that doesn't sound like it's even remotely my poo poo :\

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

ugh

that doesn't sound like it's even remotely my poo poo :\
Have you played Shadow of Mordor yet? It's real fun.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Arkham Knight is real good even with all the slowdown and crashes on PC.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Ori and the Blind Forest is a pretty real good Metroidvania, although I don't think it has anything in the way of sequence breaking. It's less freeform than the genre is in general but it makes up for it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Environmental Station Alpha is cool metroid but the postgame is bullshit

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
cave story is also a pretty good metroid clone

program666
Aug 22, 2013

did anyone play phantom 2040 for the snes?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

program666 posted:

did anyone play phantom 2040 for the snes?

For like 5 minutes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in Valdis Story if you get hit by anything in the middle of a jump, you stop in mid-air and fall

now take that design and imagine a lot of platforming, a bunch of "get here before time runs out" rooms, and projectiles flying everywhere

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Heavy Lobster posted:

Ori and the Blind Forest is a pretty real good Metroidvania, although I don't think it has anything in the way of sequence breaking. It's less freeform than the genre is in general but it makes up for it.

gently caress me I keep forgetting to play that. Thanks I'll do that before Valdis Story

ed or maybe not do Valdis Story at all, it seemed to be a bit panned :\

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Ori needs to be ported to a handheld so I can play it in bed like the loaf of lazy I am. No I'm not buying a shield (again)

program666
Aug 22, 2013

if it's on the ps4 you might be able to stream it to a Vita right?

E: also maybe pandora + steam streaming might be a thing that exists

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

program666 posted:

if it's on the ps4 you might be able to stream it to a Vita right?

E: also maybe pandora + steam streaming might be a thing that exists

It got published by MS so it's almost certainly not coming to PS4, or now that I think about it, 3DS or Vita, at least anytime soon. I'll just have to settle with playing it on PC at some point.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

program666 posted:

cave story is also a pretty good metroid clone

Cave Story rules but if anybody is newly playing it you should look up how to get the true ending/secret area either on your first or second playthrough because one of the triggers for it (ignoring the injured Dr. Booster instead of talking to him) is the kind of incredibly stupid thing nobody would just think to try on their own

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also make a save beforehand because the required jump to do so is so pixel-perfect that the dev even put a special tile with a straight-up red line at the point you are supposed to jump.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I have to forgive Policenauts for every flaw it has because I'm pretty sure that bomb disarming sequence was the greatest thing of all time. Constantly dying there went from frustrating to absolutely loving hilarious.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Fire up the MadCatz death watch:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/02/mad-catz-reports-debt-warning-and-additional-credit-to-ship-rock-band.aspx

they've been doing everything in their power to THQ themselves with overproduced, overpriced hardware so there's zero surprise that they're in the shitter.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Colonel posted:

I have to forgive Policenauts for every flaw it has because I'm pretty sure that bomb disarming sequence was the greatest thing of all time. Constantly dying there went from frustrating to absolutely loving hilarious.

Playing his older games just makes you appreciate Kojima even more. I like the conversation in Snatcher where you can call a phone sex line and they use Gillian's inability to speak beyond PG-level innuendo to prove to him that he's stuck in a video game.

Genetic Toaster posted:

Fire up the MadCatz death watch:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/02/mad-catz-reports-debt-warning-and-additional-credit-to-ship-rock-band.aspx

they've been doing everything in their power to THQ themselves with overproduced, overpriced hardware so there's zero surprise that they're in the shitter.

RIP that one lovely third-party controller that you only owned because the store bundled it in with the console/game you wanted and all your friends fought over who was stuck with every time you busted out Mario Party.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Madcatz makes some good fighting sticks, I thought. Guess the rest of their stuff is poo poo.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"Mad Catz has been running a string of operating losses, with the last postiive operating income reported for fiscal year 2011."

2011 was when I bought my 360 controller for PC. It's still doing great, but I'll admit that it's the only quality Madcatz controller I've had my entire life. I only bought it because the store I went to was out of Microsoft's version.

Also that's not how you spell positive gamer news site!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Only thing I had from the 'katz was a n64 RF connector and it was a piece of loving poo poo that would bleed colors and cause the sound to clip.

All of those rich colors in mischief makers and mystical ninja? Washed the gently caress out because I had to turn the saturation down to see anything. All the explosions in turok and GoldenEye? Unbearably crackly unless I turned the TV down to inaudible volumes.

I was smart enough to not buy their controllers at least, but none of my friends were.

so long you piece of poo poo :patriot:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Their fighting sticks are really good, which surprised me when I was looking for one.

Ofcourse, I bought a Hori fight stick in the end. RIP MadCatz.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone call Atlus, Hasbro officially turned persona into Ponies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
s-senpai...!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

third party controllers must be a bitch of a market anyway. if you make them too lovely people won't buy them a second time, and if you make them too well people won't need to.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
how to make a third party controller i will buy: make it less than 60 loving dollars so i don't have to buy the licensed ones

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there any point in continuing to level up my Lancers and Engineers in Valkyria Chronicles? Now that my Scouts are level 11 they double as good Shocktroopers, and now that my Shocktroopers are level 11 they double as decent Lancers, and I feel like I only ever use Engineers once every couple of chapters to repair my tank or... repair my tank twice.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

how to make a third party controller i will buy: make it less than 60 loving dollars so i don't have to buy the licensed ones

I had a SNES controller that was also compatible with the Genesis (:iiam:) and it was great because all the buttons had different TURBO SPEED options.

it even had a "slow motion" switch that would just rapid-fire the Start button! (it was awful lmao)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

s-senpai...!

Yeah it has to do with magical creature demons warping into the school after hours during a weeklong school event and they must band together to solve the mystery.

And everyone looks like this.

there are twin-tails and tri-tails

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Jesus Christ, what happened to My Little Persona

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So, that King's Quest game might be basically made on stolen money from the Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter.

Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose- it's at least partly secondhand info but I know this person and I trust them enough to not believe they'd lie about this sort of thing.
It's a miracle the homestuck game doesn't look like complete garbage, with this info in mind.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

KaosMachina posted:

stolen from the Homestuck

good

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dont care about homestuck game but thats pretty pathetic