Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

How is banner saga, I got it on sale because i was in the mood for more story focused games. But that mood went away and i've yet to play it.

i dunno, i played the first 5 minutes and didnt like it, and as all games get worse as they go on that was that for me imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NNick posted:

I am going to be "playing" MGS4 and Persona 4: Golden all weekend.

MGS4 because I must always play Metal Gear

Persona 4: Golden because I got back into it after 15 hours and my save got corrupted (and I didn't back it up to the cloud) after 20 - I now have to rewatch 6 hours of mostly exposition. The game finally fully clicked too.

press the start button on everything and it'll zoom through it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Playing Borderlands is one of the saddest things this gamer can think of

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Have you seen the vita port of it yet

i had it for a bit but yeah

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it was playable but youd have to be pretty into borderlands and really want to take your character with you to make it worth owning if you have it on a console

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

meanwhile diablo 3 exists on remote play so yep.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I am sorry for the trauma gamer

got it used off some trade ins and traded it back in a week later so i didnt end up spending real money on it anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Diablo 1 multiplayer was funny because it had friendly fire

this is also why helldivers owns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mods please rename thread to The Sanctity of This Place has been Fouled

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

program666 posted:

I mean, I'm overall sick of FPS games but it's still much much better than the diablo gameplay.

it really isnt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

borderlansd is a really bad fps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

program666 posted:

diablo on kb+m is just a twin stick shooter done wrong when you think about it

oh yeah you need to play it on a console really, kbm is just not suited to it at all unless you really love clicking over and over again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i will always have either a souls game or super metroid game on the go.

super metroid is more of a one sitting thing at this point though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Or the hot dog hat one that Cowcaster likes to give out that would be way cooler than the whatever the gently caress thing that is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought the Imp Zone was gonna be YCS again but I looked in there and it was pretty chill and I realised Games is YCS now.

yeah and thats why games owns and imp zone sucks hth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wait game stores in the US havnt had stupid amounts of retro stuff sitting about before now w.tf.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Motto posted:

in any decent sized town there'll be some game/general media store that has a bunch of old videogame stuff

oh ok just independants i guess then? to be fair i dont even know if thats true over here cos the only chain has been shutting stores and dont have any near me anymore, but the local shop has absolutely everything. massive selection of mega drive and dreamcast games actually.

there were two used dreamcasts in there a couple of weeks ago, and when i went in last week one had gone

the other one is looking v tempting tome.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dying light is a cool game but its insistence in taking away all your gear for boss fights with no real reasoning loving sucks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah the main story missions keep getting worse until the end, which is crazy bad and frustrating.

the side missions all sound deceptively easy but then spiral out into lists of fetch quests so that it takes like 10 trips across the map to complete them

luckily the gameplay is very strong. hoping they redesign the structure if they do a sequel (although i'd like to see them do something other than zombies)

yeah i mean the first time when you get caught by rais and have to fight in the arena at least makes sense. but my gently caress the museum first that god awful hallucination sequence which is absolutely unnecessary and utter trash, then suddenly you come back to reality with everything gone DESPITE ONLY YOUR FRIEND BEING IN THE ROOM WITH YOU its just lazy

overall though its a really really good game and such an improvement over dead island its unreal, probably the first proper open world zombie game thats hit all the right spots for me. even the side quests were engaging enough. the movement alone is very fun to mess around with and has a nice flow, although there are a few times where it just refuses to grab something or flips out and you die.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think as well that their engine has really benefitted from the new hardware, you could tell in dead island the thing was kind of hosed up by having to deal with the 360 and ps3 and i think that caused a lot of the issues with the game. having the extra horsepower has let them make it actually look nice and have decent sized areas

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

yeah i mean the first time when you get caught by rais and have to fight in the arena at least makes sense. but my gently caress the museum first that god awful hallucination sequence which is absolutely unnecessary and utter trash, then suddenly you come back to reality with everything gone DESPITE ONLY YOUR FRIEND BEING IN THE ROOM WITH YOU its just lazy

overall though its a really really good game and such an improvement over dead island its unreal, probably the first proper open world zombie game thats hit all the right spots for me. even the side quests were engaging enough. the movement alone is very fun to mess around with and has a nice flow, although there are a few times where it just refuses to grab something or flips out and you die.

ending spoilers: of course the final fight is a QTE where one hit kills you despite being shot and stabbed over and over before hand, and where u dont even use a weapon despite climbing a ladder with one seconds before

what an utter anti climax jfc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

The final part of Dying Light was kind of a letdown but it wasn't as bad as a lot of people said it was imo. A straight melee fight with the guy as everyone suggested as an alternative would have been crazy dumb because like did you even play the previous melee boss battle? Or the melee against any humans in that game? poo poo sucks bad.

the previous ones were bad because they took ur drat weapons and gave you a piece of poo poo instead. the normal melee stuff was fun and cool andi liked it and wouldve liked a normal fight. i was gonna kill him /w his own gun :smith:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I guess that's true. It's just that it seemed to me like the kind of game where the mechanics would never work with a one-on-one fight, and the previous boss having to take away absolutely all of your equipment and give you the devs' own pre set stuff was evidence enough of that imo. They really don't give you much time on the QTEs though for sure.

it wasnt even time really it was more i was expecting i dunno a couple of fails or something? i dunno. i think the one on one fight couldve worked fine, or him plus some guys or something. anything really honestly it was pretty dire.

and i didnt get it for the other bosses either, they couldve just scaled to level pretty easily.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also there were some pretty odd glitches throughout the game most of which i caught on the video recorder on the ps4 and yeah some are really odd

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

like for example witht he crafting u can just backout with O or change menu and it'll skip the wait

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

It would have been cool if they'd let you fail the QTEs a couple of times to change the way the fight plays out, but no Crane just immediately has an aneurysm and dies on the first unexpected knife slash every time.

yep they didnt even bother making it so he like, fell off the building? or rais finishing him off? no actually the next animation in the QTE begins playing before it switches to "you died" so sometimes its midway as u start getting up lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

seriously tho dying light has some weird bugs and issues such as people suddenly floating upwards, weird mouths, people materialising from no where and dying and people who can bend light at their will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjjIT7PUmI

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

krampster2 posted:

why do movies look fine at 24 fps but games don't

one is the real world captured byu a machine which tkaes lots and lots of pciotures of actual light and movment, the other is images rendered frame by frame.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

I remember when you made this post ten minutes ago and it was also bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

How Rude posted:

Minnesota State Fair owns if you're fat and love food that is terrible for you and your wallet.

Hell it still owns even if you aren't fat, food is that good.

*throws wallet accross room trying to tremove it form my pocket i a hurry.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

yeah why would a series of videos use a thumbnail that denotes that it is an entry in that series? don't these people know that I have more important things to do than sit still for literally five seconds???? me me me me

you can put a thumbnail up without having the first 30 seconds of your video being hte picture u want

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

In the same way that Rogue Legacy is a Metroidvania? No thanks...

i dont understand this pos tbecause roguelegacy owns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Great Joe posted:

List of things you can do on a planet:
  • shoot gun
  • look at animal
  • look at box

No Man's Sky really is an impressive display of what developers really can do with the power of the Playstation 4.

that's all ive expected or wanted out of it so still hyped

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

i have been hyped for no man's sky based on my realistic expectations, to wit:

- i will be able to fly to different planets and explore them
- 65daysofstatic does the soundtrack

lol @ anyone who didn't realize it's just an ambitious indie game, because if you thought it was anything other than a weed smoking screen saver time killer you clearly didn't do any research at all

this basically

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Lieutenant, our goalposts can't take another hit. I want full throttle on FTL backtracking. Expectation Dampeners on full charge. And someone get that Criticism Shield back online!

theres no backtracking. all theyve ever shown fromt he word go is a big procedurally generated universe that u explore. thats what i want to play. i want a giant proteus. if u r expecting anything else u havnt paid attention sorry.,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

those peopel need to pay attention, i forone cannot wait to wander aroudn alien planets while high as a kite.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idgi

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think nms is more of weed game than alcohol. but w/e lfoats ur boat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hazmat gear set*

*hazmat gear not included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Good luck, sorry in advance that the game is like 40 hours too short

• Locked thread