Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Real hurthling! posted:

i have to play a lot of dragonball xenoverse in the next two weeks so my plate is clear for godzilla to fill my halfbaked but endearing japanese game of the moment position.

You have to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i enjoy it and want to beat it by a deadline.

I see! Enjoy it :) I also can't wait to play Godzilla. Hopefully they put some thought into it!:krakken:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I am presently enjoying the Fiesta on my Nvidia Shield at work. I feel like I should have more games on it but I have no idea what's fun on Android that isn't also a massive money sink, so I'm kinda sticking to emulation for now.

At home I've been playing Indie As gently caress Metroidvania Valdis Story since it got an update a month or two ago. It's a lot of fun and there's loads of content, but there's no I-frames when you get hit and some of the bosses can 100-0 me in a single combo. Later difficulty bosses are massive sacks of HP, but I paid :10bux: for the game and had more than my share of entertainment out of it, so I call it a safe buy.

Shantae's on my to-play list.

drat, I was going to pick up the portable version of the Shield but then the prices of the system got stupid high after Nvidia seemingly discontinued them.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I like the red text of one poster (whose name escapes me :shobon:) but it says something to the tune of "Loves every video game ever" just because he/she had very few negative views on the game in discussion. I bet the goon who paid for that had the smuggest face while putting in their credit card info.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Great Joe posted:

Hey, remember when Everdraed posted here? I miss that guy.

Yeah. He'd post an awesome .gif and goons would love it but there was always some butt hurt goon rolling their eyes posting "here comes everyone to fellate Everdraed."

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

The PS2 had a lot of rad action games that were dragged down by forced stealth/platforming levels that every other game from the era fell victim to. Like Blood Will Tell, a batshit game about a Japanese guy whose limbs and organs were stolen by demons so he has them replaced with prosthetics that have swords and machine guns in them and goes off to fight 48 different boss battles to get them all back. Or Shadow of Rome, which was a sequel to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar play and let you smash people's heads with maces or beat people to death with their own limbs after you cut them off.

Fuuuuuuuuck, I want a Shadow of Rome sequel or reboot with only the coliseum parts.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Great Joe posted:

The quote's right though. The most important part of a game is being able to play it.

Play.....games? I thought you were supposed to just buy them and add them to your backlog.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I had no idea that the Splatterhouse reboot contained the entire Splatterhouse series on the disc. Like drat it's 4 games in total and the game is going for under 5 bucks. This also saves me the trouble of tracking down a TG16.

Yeah. The reboot wasn't that terrible. It can be kind of fun to just smash your way through some fleshy zombies but my main issue was Rick's attacks having no weight behind them. He's a big muscle man. It shouldn't feel like you're attacking with a set of wet noodles. Also, it is completely worth a play through at under $5.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Way of the Samurai 4 is coming out on PC soon, so I got interested in playing the first one and am doing so now. I got killed by the guys on the bridge a few times, so I decided to just try and go fight some other dudes for practice and now I'm in an area fighting a ton of clones of the same dude and I'm tripping over bodies and kicking up swords and I got a cool new green sword and every time I hit a new milestone they let out a terrified yell over how I've killed forty men and holy poo poo, this game loving rules.

The game does indeed rule. I like how you kick radishes out of the ground directly into your mouth. Have you tried leaving right after you walk into the scene right at the very beginning of the game?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

yeah why would a series of videos use a thumbnail that denotes that it is an entry in that series? don't these people know that I have more important things to do than sit still for literally five seconds???? me me me me

Finally, someone gets it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, I wouldn't really have guessed the Intensometer wasn't in the original, I felt like I genuinely needed that thing during a couple of the later fights

Also I know a lot of people :rolleyes:d at the callouts and somewhat memetic nature of some of the dialog but I thought some of it was quite funny :shobon:

(but then I also busted a gut at Juan getting the No Power upgrade and raising his fist to the skies raging at an uncaring god, so y'know, sense of humor might be underdeveloped)

gently caress that, that poo poo was hilarious! :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

drat, just gonna be one of THOSE days, huh?

• Locked thread