Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So how many bits do you think the NX will have?

HOW MANY BITS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Broseph Brostar posted:

I believe we're due for 1024 bits

That is not enough bits to render life-like living anime, my friend.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They need to fix bounties for Diablo 3. People still don't complete them in groups and the meta achievement requires like 2500 finished bounties which is way too much.

Supposedly reworked bounties are coming with the opening of the Diablo 2 areas.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

It never really got over the handicap of being a 3d-oriented system with only one analog joystick.

This didn't stop the 3DS

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone call Atlus, Hasbro officially turned persona into Ponies.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

s-senpai...!

Yeah it has to do with magical creature demons warping into the school after hours during a weeklong school event and they must band together to solve the mystery.

And everyone looks like this.

there are twin-tails and tri-tails

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They're making a physics based POG Championship game that's loaded with Free to Play Bullshit.

You buy digital pogs and you stack them up and each slammer will react differently to physics and bullshit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PWNER posted:

please I want a newly released game to consume my life, where is it

im too jaded all i do is scroll through pages of new releases on steam and say "meh"

My Child, do you know of Monster Hunter 4G Ultimate for the 3ds?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well through some miracle I was able to re-establish online functions to Wii-games since most of them seem to have everything stored on the disc itself.

I then proceeded to decimate monster hunter 3 Tri via lan with a few people because nobody ever beat it.

Granted 3 Ultimate makes everything redundant, but it doesn't have that awesome city. And we didn;t stop until everyone had two sets of Alatreon armor and all of the fully upgraded weapons.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Talkc posted:

So maybe Reggie will be the next pres?

They're never going to allow an american to run Nintendo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wound up buying 5 games today and I got 6 on Monday, I'm out 50 bucks in total. Seriously that rare game store locator is bad for you. It's even worse now since chain stores are now starting to stock retro game carts.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's thanks to the nerd store though that I have obscure rear end games like Legaia 2. So at least there's that. BUT NO SHADOW HEARTS

Even back when Gamestop was selling PS2 games, Shadow Hearts was a title that was kind of a pain to get a hold of.

I remember I had to go into a Gamestop that had a stairway leading down to it because the store was located under street level. And I walked into a big spider web, and that remains to this day the only time I've walked into a big spider web while going to the store.

It was one of Midway's few published RPGs.

But you know what Robot Alchemic Drive is probably even more of a pain to get a complete copy of now. Meanwhile poo poo like Jade Cocoon 2, Grandia 2 and 3, Dragon Quarter, Radiata Stories, and many other JRPGs can be gotten for dirt cheap.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 14, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The PS2 has poo poo that people don't even realize was released for it. Like Both Space Channel 5 games were released on the PS2 in America under a single compilation.

Or Falling Stars which has art direction that will make your eyes bleed.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Accordion Man posted:

Killer 7 and Viewtiful Joe too.

I remember getting those for nothing because they were all freebees when gamestop was liquidating their PS2 poo poo. Vietiful Joe 2 was also going for like 99 cents or some insane price because everything was 90% off and it was Buy one Get One Free.

King's Field 4 was $2.50

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
most people use a MAME board to do arcades.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The blowback from the new Rayman IOS game is amazing. :allears:

You know all that poo poo you could do for free in Rayman origins and Legends? You know like limitless continues? Everything is charged money now and it apparently made a ton of people angry because there's a ton of land of the livid dead gently caress YOU sections that you need time to memorize.

This is probably going to wind up being bigger than Assassin's Creed not working correctly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Do you have to buy the game? What else did people expect?

I don't think you get it, it took me 2 hours of dying before I was able to beat Land of the Livid Dead.

For this game nearly every stage had some contrived bullshit to block you to the point where you need the buyable items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkepcWyB9U this is land of the livid dead from origins, this is how on the ball you need to be. The IOS game apparently doesn't flow nicely like Legends did and really soured a ton of people who wanted a real third installment.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I had no idea that the Splatterhouse reboot contained the entire Splatterhouse series on the disc. Like drat it's 4 games in total and the game is going for under 5 bucks. This also saves me the trouble of tracking down a TG16.

I also think I'm finished buying all the worthwhile xbox 360 exclusives. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts along with everything 360 related was being liquidated at stores. I've got under 200 games for the Xbox and Xbox 360 combined it's a rather small library compared to the Nintendo, Sega, and Sony systems.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I now own the entire series of Hyper Dimension neptunia and I have yet to pay money for any of them. :allears:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I never beat RE4 because Leon got Decapitated and somehow became unkillable and didn't die which bugged out the game and made it impossible to beat.

I think I want to be RE Zero before I beat 4 though. I've never beaten RE Zero, 4, 5 and 6.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

The only way to truly beat RE0 is to never play it.

I think I'm like almost to the end of disc one. There's a whole load of backtracking.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

The only two old-school Resident Evils I've played are 1 and 2, and I only really liked 2 at all. I should play through Resident Evil 2 and REmake one of these days.

Remake is the same as Resident Evil 1. It just doesn't look like rear end.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The malicious prank of "swatting" -- calling in false emergencies that send swarms of heavily armed cops to a school or home -- is often perpetrated by X-Box gamers who occasionally hijack peoples' Twitter or Facebook accounts and refuse to release them unless the victims make a swatting call, according to an affidavit filed in federal court.

The affidavit cites the case of Matthew Tollis, of Wethersfield, Connecticut, who is accused of taking part in seven swatting calls. Tollis was allegedly part of a group that threatened to bomb the University of Connecticut, attack the home of an individual in Connecticut, create false threats to school across the country, and in one ghoulish call told police that a man with an assault rifle was headed to the new Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of a notorious massacre of staff and first graders.

Tollis claimed to federal investigators that he began taking part in the swatting calls after he was targeted online by hackers who "doxed" him, a tactic of posting online all of his personal information, including Social Security numbers and passwords, and "pizza bombing" him, sending large numbers of pizzas to his house which he then had to pay for, according to the federal document.

“Tollis explained that he began to look for ways to protect himself and his family from online abuse,” FBI investigators wrote in the federal affidavit obtained by ABC News. He told the FBI he joined a group of gamers who called themselves “TeAM Crucifix or Die” (TCOD) because “it would discourage others from bullying him.”

The group's membership allegedly includes gamers who live in the United Kingdom and use names like Verified, Jordy and Declaws, the affidavit states. Tollis used the name Hxrbor, according to the document.

Tollis, 21, was arrested Sept. 3, for his alleged role in the April 3 swatting call that claimed there was a bomb at the University of Connecticut. He is charged with three counts connected to the UConn incident as well as three counts of federal conspiracy and aiding and abetting.

Tollis' attorney Jeremy Weingast had no comment on Friday before Tollis was due in federal court.

When he was interviewed by investigators, Tollis said he was involved in a total of seven swatting calls, including calls to a high school in Texas, two in New Jersey and one in Florida, the document states. There were also threats made against Boston University and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Tollis denied making the calls himself, "but admitted that he had laughed in the background of the calls,” the affidavit states.

He also told investigator he knew about a host of others that the group allegedly perpetrated, including the call regarding Sandy Hook Elementary School, the document states.

“I was scared of being their next target so I did not inform the Authorities of their Actions,” Tollis wrote in the statement, according to the affidavit. “I stood by and watched as resources were wasted for hoax calls. I did so out of fear and regret associating myself with these people."

The federal affidavit, filed Sept. 9 in U.S. District Court in New Haven, Conn., said "the group primarily consists of Microsoft X-Box players or gamers." It described how a victim of doxing may have their personal identity details publicized or have their Twitter account taken over with the hackers "extorting individuals seeking to regain control of their Twitter accounting by requiring the individual to, among other things, send nude photos of themselves or calling the police to report an incident that would require specialized units like SWAT or the bomb squad to respond (swatting,)" the affidavit states.

I don't see why he would be afraid, any sort of round looks like it would bounce right off him.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

sir, we dont sell pizzas. this is a mcdonalds drive thru

THIS IS NOT TRUE THEY DO SELL PIZZA

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I did the thing where you put baconator fries on a baconator and ate the whole thing.

And I'm still not hungry even though I ate it on wednesday. 10 dollars for a meal that will sate you for three days.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Man resident evil zero was kinda just average.

too much backtracking and poo poo and the puzzles were not as good and seemed needlessly tedious.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, REMake is almost its own game, its quite different to the original RE1.

Oh I only played into part of the mansion for the Original before shelving it and playing RE 2 because it had dual shock controls.

The remake is the one I beat and the beginning part seemed pretty exact as far as everything went for the original.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Guys I can't find Yukiko

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

Shameful. You are not truly dedicated.

Seriously I saved her from the TV and she's supposed to go to lunch with me and she's just not appearing in the shopping district.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

did you wait until she was recovered? you have to wait the whole time limit for saving her if you get her early

Yeah it was during Kanji's captured thing.

I wound up doing stuff with Marie.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

yukiko generally waits for you by the shoe lockers at the front entrance of the school more often than in town in my experience.

I checked by the Lockers she wasn't there

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I never played through Rise's part in Persona 4.

Yeah I'm done with Yukiko I think, Risette supremacy from here on out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The PS2 version though has Chie sounding like a 40 year old midwestern mom

I still own both versions because of this.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That Nanako Super Limited DLC outfit for Persona Dancing All Night is just a giant pickle

You dress a little anime girl up in a pickle costume

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Great Joe posted:

List of things you can do on a planet:
  • shoot gun
  • look at animal
  • look at box

No Man's Sky really is an impressive display of what developers really can do with the power of the Playstation 4.

It's the Pokemon Snap sequel we always wanted.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

*nods* It is hard to find people who will get to the higher levels of Pac Man.

I got the kill screen yesterday

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Great Joe posted:

Record it next time, don't leave us hanging.

I tried doing that when I got the Duckhunt killscreen, it didn't turn out well

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Uh yeah all games give you an achievement for beating it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So apparently the whole reason why gears of War got a Super Deluxe HD remake is that they're pulling a Jurassic World and are making a second Sequel that has a different timeline.

There are now multiple timelines in gears of War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh sure Atlus claim that Persona 5 has an all new cast and then drop the Megaton bomb that the Persona 4 cast shows up about 1/4th of the way through and they're like in their 30's and are basically the Ghostbusters but run by Chie who is wearing Arnold's Clothes from Terminator 2 and the entire P5 cast just becomes Vaan from Final Fantasy 12.

Persona 5 is just Persona 4 part 4. Do Not believe the lies.

• Locked thread