Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was inarguably better than the original Metal Gear Solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there any point in continuing to level up my Lancers and Engineers in Valkyria Chronicles? Now that my Scouts are level 11 they double as good Shocktroopers, and now that my Shocktroopers are level 11 they double as decent Lancers, and I feel like I only ever use Engineers once every couple of chapters to repair my tank or... repair my tank twice.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

So, that King's Quest game might be basically made on stolen money from the Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter.

Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose- it's at least partly secondhand info but I know this person and I trust them enough to not believe they'd lie about this sort of thing.
It's a miracle the homestuck game doesn't look like complete garbage, with this info in mind.

I'm glad.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

please I want a newly released game to consume my life, where is it

im too jaded all i do is scroll through pages of new releases on steam and say "meh"
The Jerkcity dating sim

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

> what about nuts
> what about balls
○ what about fat queer dicks
It is actually a thing and it's amazing

http://jerkcityhd.tumblr.com/post/121547890883/dickmissiles-jerkdate-2k15-the-jerkening-is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox8secxl0hywszc/JERKDATE%202K15%20THE%20JERKENING.zip?dl=0

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nasgate posted:

There already has been. It's pretty much general consensus that it's a good game.
I have legit never seen praise for it anywhere

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

precision posted:

one time someone in the roguelike thread gave me purple text that said "PUTS ON +5 GLASSES OF NOSTALGIA FOR lovely ASCII GAMES"

not really understanding how that's a sick burn tbqh
Games goons get really really angry if you enjoy old games, or outdated games, or in fact anything that is not in the current top 10 Steam sellers

I once saw a megathread that devolved into an earnest discussion of how liking any turn-based game, even Civilisation, makes you a racist and a bad person. Nobody disagreed and also nobody explained why

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

did anyone else play the absolutely bonkers GBC Perfect Dark

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It is also rich in hot memes. Really good game though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

The memes are mostly just posters in the background, there aren't any characters going around talking about cake or taking arrows to the knee.
one of the recurring bosses spins his revolvers around and shouts "TROLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what part of me saying "really good game" translated as "I do not like this game"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if you don't mind indies Oceanhorn looks like a p cool Zelda-like

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kirby... had a hard life.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ekster posted:

Another thing that HL2 did was interactive cutscenes! Meaning NPCs look at you while they are talking as you throw boxes at them from across the room.

If I remember correctly game devs were convinced traditional movie-like cutscenes were the devil for several years because of it.
I have attempted to replay HL2 several times over the years and always quit at Kleiner's lab because of this stupid poo poo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really liked the waggle swordfighting because I'm insane.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dunno about anyone else but I have no idea who or what you're actually mad at

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Yooka-Laylee, the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, is going to be published by Team17.
I've really enjoyed the successively worse and worse versions of Worms Armageddon they've been making for the last 15 years.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got Ronin, and it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jon Do posted:

It's good, but gets hard! I'm also dumb, so YMMV.

I've only killed the first two bad guys, but tricking samurai dudes into falling to their deaths, then swinging from a rope and kicking a guy, and leaping off and throwing shurikens at everyone in site, then killing most of them and then throwing my sword at the last remaining bad dude, feels extremely badass.

• Locked thread