Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Just beat shogun 2 total war for the first time. Oda have a rough start but they're stupid good once you get the ball rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Playing borderlands 2 with a friend. Is it going to remain incredibly shallow?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I'm finding it decent to play with a buddy but at the same time L4D is better coop, Path of Exile is better slot machine, and pretty much anything is better shooting. Admittedly it's all three at once but I personally prefer a game that plays to its strength.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

how fast is the leveling and grinding in diablo 3? cause i like path of exile but my one complaint is it takes a while to level alts and then a while more to get good gear

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

really i mostly like the loving around with different ideas for builds and stuff; i also like making decks in netrunner or army lists in wargame alb or whatever. the problem is that all of the above just say 'here you go, here's all the pieces, make what you want' and most arpgs make you play for twenty hours before you get there

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Level Slide posted:

Have any of those ideas carried over into Pillars of Eternity? My only real experience with Obsidian games was the Knights of the Old Republic 2 LP, but PoE looked interesting.

Alpha Protocol is a ten-hour RPG with a crazy amount of replayability and the precursor to TWD's timed conversation mechanic (but lovely combat.) PoE is pretty much a standard RPG but it's still Obsidian so the writing is decent and there's a good amount of player choice in roleplaying. It's not a direct successor to AP but it's worth checking out if you liked KOTOR 2

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i still demand amiibos for paradox games, want to play against a little plastic jan sobieski

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

the short version is that no one gives a poo poo about the game

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

itt ninteenth-century racial theorizing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I'm still not really sure how we got to the point where I'm hyped for ME4 strictly on the multiplayer

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

precision posted:

make ammo universal

boom

problem solvers

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Mass Effect has universal ammo too.

Mass Effect less has 'universal ammo' and more just makes it so your pickups refill all your weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i mean the best christian movie of all time is the mission, wherein robert de niro fights a guerilla war against the spanish and argues with jeremy irons a lot

• Locked thread