Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Nasgate posted:

Fact: Every game gets worse the later in it, because they're rushing to meet deadlines.
lol

Nasgate posted:

So if the first hour of a game is poo poo, you can easily assume the rest is garbage.
lol

Nasgate posted:

No, but i know QA testers generally do not play through the entire game. Neither do initial game reviewers. So a polished front end is both easier to have and more important for release sales.
lol

Nasgate posted:

please learn to think critically
LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

terry gillian is who tim burton want to be when he growns up

program666
Aug 22, 2013

framerate for borderlands 2 on the vita https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBj_A2OutJ4

I actually like bl 2 a lot, even playing alone. It's like diablo but it's a fps, how is it possible to not like?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, I'm overall sick of FPS games but it's still much much better than the diablo gameplay.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I'm guessing you probably don't know the psp has two monster hunters

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Lemme emulate a MH game instead of playing it on the 3DS

I'll take 2 lumps of gaming leprosy in my pre game coffee good sir

Uh, playing on my 40'' tv using a xbox 360 controller in 3D? Funny definition for leprosy.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Stux posted:

it really isnt

I know most people prefer the Gnat Attack-like gameplay of diablo but I personally really don't like it. Playing diablo 3 with a controller would be the second and last reason for me to ever get a ps4, right after whatever disgaea they will put out for the system, if I ever buy one.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

diablo on kb+m is just a twin stick shooter done wrong when you think about it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

but I got the retard av first :smugdowns:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

cave story is also a pretty good metroid clone

program666
Aug 22, 2013

did anyone play phantom 2040 for the snes?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

if it's on the ps4 you might be able to stream it to a Vita right?

E: also maybe pandora + steam streaming might be a thing that exists

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Snes JRPGs were great. I firmly believe many people who say they hate the genre got in during the PSX era or later, when things started to suck.

I dislike most of the JRPG gameplay since Phantasy Star on the master system but I love Mana Khemia for example since the combat is way more engaging and it has other interesting mechanics like the alchemy stuff. I bet most people dislike the fact that it's turn based, period.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Doesn't all threads on the imp zone have to be joke threads or something?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A pretty good video about companies shutting down aways online games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcJuBOaQE

program666
Aug 22, 2013

heh

program666
Aug 22, 2013

oh no you're wrong, you see, ross's game dungeon is actually pretty good

program666
Aug 22, 2013

krampster2 posted:

why do movies look fine at 24 fps but games don't

each frame on a movie contain a blur from the whole window of time between each frame, so the transition between frames is practically seamless, games only have a flat image of a instant so the transition to the next frame seems like a "jump" between two very distinct points in space.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I kind of wanted to see a game that would render stuff at 120 fps internally but only present 30 fps and use the extra frames to create movie-like blur. The input lag would be console tier but it might be a nice effect for story-driven games like telltale stuff.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

I just dont understand how you cant just say "I didnt order them" and then the guy leaves

Do you think he would be fat if that was possible?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

For me, about no man's sky, it all depends on how they manage the main objective of going to the center of the galaxy. Having to fight your way there can be pretty cool. But that's me, it's not like games where you have to make your own fun don't exist, like minecraft for instant, that wouldn't be a game for me but people seem to like it. But the fact that every gameplay video they show don't basically anything at the gently caress all, either on the action side or the creative side, probably means that at the very least it's really really far from release. That last gameplay video was really loving bad, almost like they were trying to be lame on purpose, they only showed the gameplay stuff from E3 and nothing else, what a let down.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Hello Games definitely knows marketing strategy for the booming "drinks alone, every night" gamer demographic.

I need more of those catering to my needs

program666
Aug 22, 2013

The greatest thing about indie games is having companies focusing on gameplay while the big studios make movies and games with no new gameplay at all, to the point that Sony now only makes movies and nothing else. I'm pretty ok with bad pixel art, like really really really ok.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Mr E posted:

Doom is just a worse better Halo that came out like 8 years earlier, what the gently caress

Fixed that so you wouldn't have to.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Halo is garbage trash. Two weapons, slow as poo poo movement and floaty jumps are the worst and gently caress halo for making it standard.

I don't think I've ever seen you saying bad things about a videogame before, videogames.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Or how about just balancing the weapons. Turns out big fuckoff lazers are slow, here's some small enemies. Or enemies that flank you when you're trying to reload a big rear end gun solo. Like i said, ammo scarcity is lazy rear end design and pretending it's elsewise is pretty silly.

Only thing dumber than ammo scarcity as game design is monster closets.

A big loving gun that cleans out everything being balanced by consuming loads of scarce ammo sounds way more fun than a weaker, maybe slower weapon with infinite ammo to be quite frank.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

The only thing about the PS4 controller that is not fantastic is that it is still not plug in and play on PC

It does if the game supports it, I think, at least I'm pretty sure it does work without the driver with Duck Game.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona 4 Golden is a better game than Earthbound in every way imaginable.

what if you don't like reading npcs talking about their day and their relationship with their mom?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

theultimo posted:

Play Dragon Quest

ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted: