Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I'm still hoping they DO dissapear with the money. Star Citizen is the best idea for a scam. If nothing else (the pricetags), that alone would have steered me away from spending money.

It walks like a scam and quacks like a scam. If it turns out to be a great crowdsourced piece of software... that's the less-likely scenario. Hats off to the people who bought spaceships to resell them at a markup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Prolly gonna finish Witcher 3 (level 25 atm) -- I have been binging, then taking like a week break. Working pretty well.

Thinking about something TBS. Perhaps going through Invisible Inc or XCOM on a harder difficulty; may just play Final Fantasy Tactics patched with the WoTL translation. And/or Banner Saga.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
i was gonna post a list of terrible posters who post in the chat threads (terribly) but then I realized

a) It would be really long

b) I am on this list

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
if you are wanting a metroidvania and havent played axiom verge

i dont know what to tell you

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
i never found a store with a copy but I played the Rollcage demo for hours

it had one megadeth song over and over. not even off rust in peace =(

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
edit: nm

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 11, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
So, RONIN is really fun so far.

Good diversion from Axiom Verge, which had been on my backlog. I'm stuck and going to have to look some poo poo up on that one.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

CJacobs posted:

Either way it's def. worth 12 dollars imo if you're even a little interested, which is like 70+% off from its usual steam price

curious what your av is from; is that the dude from black sails? am I missing new black sails where he has a revolver instead of a flintlock?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Ciaphas posted:

Well that's pretty damning, maybe I'll give that one a pass after all :(

I haven't finished Axiom Verge, and it has its annoying points (the ones pointed out, though I find them quite a bit less damning) but mainly its having to google what the gently caress to do next instead of having the process of finding it be fun. I mean, for being made by one guy.

I still think its cool as poo poo, and the music that dude made is god drat good. I also feel like it oozes a very dark atmosphere, and the music complements this very well. It does some stuff mechanically i found really refreshing, particularly compared to most indie 2d platformers.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 17, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I mean drat dude, I don't even like retro-styled stuff or chiptunes or any of that. His poo poo bangs, I love cranking the bass before starting Axiom.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 17, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I'm still having fun with RONIN, though it gets a lot tougher than this. I didn't think it would be as challenging as it is. Good stuff.

Giant Beast did a quicklook if you want a longer taste.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
idk i heard advanced warfare was good and the upcoming (november) black ops 3 is supposed to look good so id just check out the new cod?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
so, let me get this straight

a game that hadnt been released yet rode a huge hype train because noone had really played it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got Ronin, and it's good.
It's good, but gets hard! I'm also dumb, so YMMV.

Short (~1min) trailer
Giant Bomb Quicklook
20 minute Gameplay video

You Guys Should Play This Game (TM)

• Locked thread