Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
anime is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Ground floor :twisted:

every time I see that loving emoji it reminds me of "Evil" Chris from BioWare and lol @ that guy forever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Steampunk Gent posted:

He used it unironically when he thought he was being clever or perverted, it was a big part of the famous SNAKES N CAKES DA2 thread which was very funny

why isn't that thread goldmined for gently caress's sake

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

theultimo posted:

I'm guessing this game is secretly a money laundering scheme

that presumes a level of competence that i don't think is at play here

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you could afford some really fuckin' good cocaine with Star Citizen money

i'd spend it throwing ecstasy pool parties personally

:getin: literally

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

dat one portagee posted:

What video games are you fine fellows going to be playing in July?

the new free to play Magic: Origins which is supposed to be kind of like a Hearthstone model where you really actually can be competitive without spending much money (or spending none)

comes out in 2 weeks so i guess i should go ahead and make the thread since i made the last two DOTP threads

the cool part is that this year you don't have to put ANY money up front so even if it sucks, no loss.

i'm hoping this fact has made Wizards design it really well

hahahahahahahahahaha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nasgate posted:

Lmao at the idea of a Wizards game that's balanced.

"Counterspell? loving OP, NERF THAT poo poo! Alright, now someone show me ten designs for Planeswalker cards that are so bugfuck insane they will break the game in half."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

Honestly so far I think it's better than III.

uh no

Vice City Stories, however, definitely is better than 3

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i still haven't had a game of This War Of Mine where nobody dies :\

in my current one though i have the whole "infinite food" cycle going on so fingers crossed!!!!

e: Pavle got shot in the back ten feet from the exit of the Warehouse :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
real talk i assume a custom game where you pick Marko (the guy who builds things with less mats), Bruno (the good cook) and Katia (the good trader) you would probably just steamroll it. i mean you can even disable Winter and Raiders.

though i guess doing a Custom Story isn't the true TWOM experience at all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sin and punishment are cool

so is the game named sin and punishment :twisted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why hasn't super mario RPG been remade for the 3DS yet

WHYYYYYYY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NNick posted:

Persona 4: Golden because I got back into it after 15 hours and my save got corrupted (and I didn't back it up to the cloud) after 20 - I now have to rewatch 6 hours of mostly exposition.

I think you can just tape down the Triangle button and get through the 6 hour opening in about... well, probably 4 hours :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I have never understood how people can play Diablo or Diablo-clones singleplayer, Borderlands included

diablo 3 is pretty fun solo on ps4 :shrug:

i mean like, if my fiance is home i'll play it with her, or with goons, but i still have fun if i want to make poo poo explode on my own, especially now that Spotify has made it super easy to play music and game at the same time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

how fast is the leveling and grinding in diablo 3? cause i like path of exile but my one complaint is it takes a while to level alts and then a while more to get good gear

with help, u can get from level 1 to 70 in like... one session. and since mostly all the skills are viable and there's no cost at all to change up what skills you're using it stays fun at level 70+ rather than being a total mindless grind

Worldshatter posted:

I could never get into games like Diablo, I mean I've tried but it just seems to turn into way too much of a grind for my liking.

u only run into grinding if you're going for "the optimal poo poo" but the thing is, like, nobody's forcing you to play on a difficulty level that requires optimal loot

diablo 3 is very good now, unlike when it launched, when it was loving terrible

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

I, personally, am extremely jealous of the poor saps who purchased a Vita

They get to play cool anime games like Ys, while I have to wait until I buy a Vita before I can also play the cool anime games

not true you can play cool anime games on your phone there's even a few on Steam. have you tried HuniePop? :twisted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
but i thought PPSSPP couldn't run Dangan Ronpa, which i am given to believe is the only PSP game worth playing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think there should be an FF3 job fiesta also :get in:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Motto posted:

That'd be an awful idea for a plethora of reasons. The chief one being that FF3 is bad.

actually, it's not

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is arkham knight any good on ps4?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

its good in the sense that it works and looks good. its meh in the sense that most of the game is tedious side "quests" and the main story is like 4 hours long (and very dumb for plot reasons and also several car based boss fights)

ugh

that doesn't sound like it's even remotely my poo poo :\

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
s-senpai...!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i legitimately have no idea what Homestuck is, and i am 100% sure that is a good thing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DmC is pretty fun i guess. the cut scenes are hilarious too. then again i never really liked any game in the series after the first one :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

anyone have any opinions on Hand of Fate? looks fun from watching on youtube

the combat is kind of too floaty and a bit repetitive but overall it's really fun if random bullshit is extremely your poo poo, and i mean that in a good way

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
August Games chat: It is possible I'm playing the game wrong

just wanted to write that one down in case i forget or someone else makes the thread

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

Xenogears is proof that some PS1 JRPGs, in fact, rocked.

Parasite Eve

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

For something the length of an RPG, I usually only replay if there are alternate paths or it's been long enough that I've forgotten a good 40% of the details.

I legitimately could not tell you anything about what happens in FF9 after disc 2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually do remember the tourney, it's on Disc 2 i thought? seemed like it was early in the game cause Garnet wasn't Dagger yet, i think?

i dunno man that game's story is like Jupiter Ascending in terms of sheer anime weed holy poo poo, hold on, both games feature a furry male lead and the concept of harvesting planets.... :whoah:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FF9 did have the best font of all the mainline FF games.

I just restarted Lightning Returns. So I can actually finish it. Because it owns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

can we please agree to a cease fire on hosed up avatars what in the actual gently caress

:yikes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
one time someone in the roguelike thread gave me purple text that said "PUTS ON +5 GLASSES OF NOSTALGIA FOR lovely ASCII GAMES"

not really understanding how that's a sick burn tbqh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
every forum can be fun, if you want it to be

be the change! pay it forward! and poo poo

edit: play video games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone is a BYOB guy, when you think about it

also why would someone who doesn't like Games post in a forum about Games? hosed up if true mang

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
He reclined in his custom-made leather gaming chair with built-in minifridge. Reaching down, he pulled out a fresh Red Bull and cracked it, grinning as the familiar crack and hiss lit his brain up with the promise of sugar and caffeine, his drugs of choice. He smirked as he thought of all those losers he sees on campus, white boys smelling of weed, always surrounded by tedious women and their shrill, piercing laughter. No, this man's mind was clear, his life free of the petty concerns of the masses.

He smiled as he pressed "post", noting that it was his 10,000th. Fitting, then, that it had also been his most eloquent diatribe yet on the pathetic state of modern gaming.

Somewhere in the distance, his mother announced dinner. He hoped she had remembered to tell them "extra cheese".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Imp Zone is a big tall tower of people desperately clamoring to be at the top and therefore the funniest but it is a fruitless endeavor because being the funniest on SA is as easy as saying the latest forum meme like 4 times in one post

:mediocre:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
remember Bust A Groove that poo poo was my jam yo

get mad stoned and play that poo poo

then go play frisbee golf

late 90s for the win

games are a lot better now tho

edit: ahhwwww poo poo Syphon Filter 1? gently caress that game was so good. at the time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Killed by a bile duct growth" sounds like a NetHack tombstone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what nintendo game is everyone gonna play today in memorium RIP :japan:

e: i'mma play super mario 3d land (world? the 3DS one) because i still haven't loving 100%d that fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna play Yoshi's Woolly World because I bought it last week.

*beats you up* gimme yer wii u nerd!

• Locked thread