Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

last spot?

e nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N036yO3a-M

:page3:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

So I can expect a role PM, the game to start, a fake day cop claim and a turbo when I wake up tomorrow?

:lol:

It's an Ecco game, you can expect a role PM when the next world cup rolls around.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

This is a confirmation post that I am making.

Ecco, thanks for starting the game in a timely manner :)

Opportunity only knocks to those who wait.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Oh my god shut the hell up, 3 goddamn pages of TRAP SPRUNG bullshit.

Keane we are not at your beck and call to post whatever inane things cross your mind.

The last two Max votes look terrible, btw.

##vote Gamer

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Seems like somebody really likes Max!

Like? That's not it. I think the votes on him are piling up for silly reasons, and I think you are basically the mafia game equivalent of Scott Farkus, trying to get Max to say uncle.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Well that took hardly any pressure for you to move your vote, now did it?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Can someone quote the weirdness with Gamer?

Is there anything else happening?

Can we get rid of both Keane AND Max today? :v:

The weirdness was him speculating about the number of scum in the game in the first 5 minutes of D1.

The scumminess was him hopping onto Max based on Max's interaction with Keane, then jumping off a millisecond later for no apparent reason. He seems waffly, and possibly role-fishy as well.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Max never says "I am town" at any point.

Well clearly if he had then that's all we'd need to hear, since who would ever lie about their alignment.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I'm catching up to the 40 some odd posts since work

Max posted:

it just didn't dawn on me that he could have a role

Could you explain this line?

wins32767 posted:

##unvote Max

He's stubborn town for sure.

That's some strong language there, care to elaborate what changed your mind since this:

wins32767 posted:

Awkward post detected.

##vote Max

Because according to this, your vote was just gut:

wins32767 posted:

This vote is lazy reasoning. My vote was gut. There is a difference.
I'd just like to know what happened to make you go from a gut scum read to a sure town read in the course of a few hours.

Ok that's basically all I missed.

More people need to vote Gamer.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

wins32767 posted:

It's good to have you back btw lovely.

:glomp:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Good morning thread, apologies for not posting this weekend.

Gamer and walrus are two lovely apples messing up our orchard; that being said, gamer's recent posting looks like legit town, so I don't even know what to think there. Walrus's post history is nothing but ambivalence and trying to look townie with posts like his "hey guys, we need 11 to lynch, hopefully these lurkers post." Trying to look like caring town.

ICR, whatever you're doing to count votes isn't working since you missed mine on Gamer.

wins hasn't posted since he's had heat on him.

A worthy uhh/MiR needs to be replaced, he has one post since confirming.

Amoeba isn't really playing the game, unless you consider "hey summarize the game for me kthxbye" to be playing. I don't, and consider that to be scummy behavior!

Keanes post history is a torrent of "hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey you scum", as in it doesn't serve a purpose except to pad his post count and "generate discussion." In reality, he's done what merk has done in singling out a single post someone has made and riding that person for it. The only difference is that I actually think merk is right regarding walrus, whereas Keane's badgering could make anyone look scummy. I'd vote Keane for being a distraction.

fiery hasn't posted since confirming.

I get town vibe off Hal, it's gut mostly.

Max comes off better from the whole Keane thing. Likely town

That's all the energy I have right now, lot of lovely posts to slog through. In any case, ##unvote
##vote walrus
c

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

That all said, I am going to appeal to lurkers here; we have a few posters in here who haven't been really part of the active discussion, even excluding the two replacements. Madness...

I've been ill all week, sorry. Will try to post more in the AM.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

After doing my reread, I am going to ##vote Quinquereme, I don't like how you've basically attached yourself to merk's hip. You parrot his suspicion of walrus, and you go out of your way to say merk is practically confirmed town because walrus wanted merk lynched. I also don't like how you let people talk you out of your Quidnose vote. You also said that Gamer is town because QPQ cased him, and I am really uncomfortable with how easy you are clearing people as town. You are letting other people dictate your cases, and that shows you lack conviction in your posting.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

The scummiest thing about Quidnose is that torrent of posting, and I buy his explanation of wanting to appease the almighty Ecco (also, grats on the A+ :) ) Also his reaction to merk is like everyone's reaction to merk, who is literally a human scumhunting bulldog when he gets his teeth in you. Arrogant though.

Gamer I have gone back and forth on, he seems to have moments where he seems town, then he'll make a post that makes me want to throttle him with the lynchstick.

wins I have no idea who you even think is scum, you've defended zzyzx (which I don't get because he's done nothing to merit a defense this game) and you've buddied up to people, but there's no effort to any of your posts. Would vote.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Are you saying I'm scum? Because I can't tell from this post.

Are you saying Gamer is scum? Because I can't tell from this post.

If you would vote wins, why aren't you voting wins?

This looks like a scum post.

I don't know, you hardly posted until recently.

I don't know, and I said as much. Felt he was scum earlier, recent posting has looked better.

If you look at the post prior to the one you quoted, you'd see I made another case and a vote.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Do you think it's weird that Gamer missed that as well?

I don't make an alignment call off missing a post.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quinquereme posted:

Also is there a reason you point out merk and not wins? And if you want to call agreeing with merk parroting him then sure :)

Of course I lack conviction - this is my first game and I have no idea what I'm doing :( Everyone seems to be judging people based on meta stuff so when people who have presumably played with Quidnose a lot tell me his posting is very typical as town, I believe them.

I didn't say anything about wins because I don't trust him. And it's day two, so my newbie policy is now expired for you. A lesson you need to learn is to make your case and stick to it. What if Quidnose were scum and the people backing him up were scum too.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

wins32767 posted:

merk, you know I love you but I could write a merk bot that would be indistinguishable from you given all the catchphrases you've built up.

:iceburn:

I still like my Quinque vote, wins has done nothing to warrant trust, the fact that he's staying so noncommittal this game has me feeling more like a 3rd party.

I am not sold on the Squiggly case fully, but will vote him to avoid NL.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

merk, would you describe what wins is doing this game as "content lurking?"

I know you didn't ask me, but I would!

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

OK then, ##unvote
##vote Squiggly

It was nice playing with you again Squiggly, hope you come back soon.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

So 100 years, now that the last two people you were voting are dead townies, how do you feel about zzyzx? Because you seemed to drop that vote like a bad habit.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

From the mafia wiki:

A Governor is a role which can "pardon" executions, causing the hammer on a particular player to fail. The Governor typically is contacted by the moderator after an execution has been made but before flavor and flip are posted, asking if they would like to cancel the vote. If yes, typically the day then ends with a No-Hang, generally with no explanation given for why the player was not executed that day. Occasionally a Governor can even commute the execution onto a different player of their choosing, but this is not common.

That being said, Squiggly had basically ragequit so he wouldn't have commuted his own, even if he were able.

Hal needs to post, the entirety of his content is him talking about how great Quidnose is and then hopping onto the Squiggly vote. He had a Spoonsy vote and then seemed to drop it for no reason.

Quinque, if you didn't have Max to vote, who would your next two scumpicks be?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Confirming this is all true, also I am visiting my family, so my participation will be spotty this evening.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Spoonsy posted:

Instead, we were all roleblocked, save WWM.

That's the other thing - I'm not sure I buy all 3 claims of being roleblocked. 3 roleblockers seems incredibly excessive, even for a large game.

Did you 3 get any flavor to your blocks?

I am paranoid one of the three leaked the members of the mason group to the scum and is trying to set me up by being the only one able to get an investigation last night by saying they were roleblocked.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I posted my flavour in the doc.

I'm on my phone which doesn't like spreadsheets apparently.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I am torn here. I don't trust Spoonsy's handling of the ww vote/lynch. Then again, besides his posts on Spoonsy and Nth, zzyzx hasn't done anything else this game. I don't like linking players who haven't flipped, but there's a part of me that is thinking bus.

Amoeba, I am confused, are you claiming you survived a nk? And wins, what prompted you to ask her to claim?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hey chaoslord, do you maybe want to make a case or , I dunno, play the game you replaced into?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gave it some thought, ##vote wins

You've lacked any sort of effort at all this game and have been coasting along without offering any sort of opinion on who you think is even scummy. And what prompted you to rolefish in Amoeba? Not defending Amoeba here, she also hasn't had a decent case all game, but she's at least been active and asking questions.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

I seriously cannot tell if we are still in joke phase or not.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello what a great weekend I had and what a great time I had catching up on this thread.

Actually I am a little sad I missed the dethy chat. I guess we can't really ASSUME it's a dethy but it does seem fair.

I agree with anyone who said three roleblocks is really weird, but it sounds like Amoeba so then it's just 2, right? That seems more believable.

Now that I know spoonsy was in a masonry and most of his mason buddies don't seem to think he's scummy I feel better about him.

Amoeba claimed to have stopped a nk, nothing to do with a rb (if I understand her incredibly obtuse softclaim).

Also if you were reading along as opposed to skimming, you would know we *don't* trust Spoonsy, and that's why we claimed the masonry in the first place.

I have to say, I've never been in a dethy game before, and I don't know if there's a standard approach. I'm still doing what I know, which is to hunt scum. If I understand it correctly, we need to clear up our sanities before we can proceed. If that means that this game has turned into a logic puzzle of which of these things doesn't belong, then that means our attention has to shift to one of our investigation targets. There is no sense in killing cops today when we don't even know if their results are accurate or not. Even though I don't trust Spoonsy, I am not going to vote him today. My vote is for wins. He has been - let's just call it what it is - nonparticipatory. Sure, he's been posting, but what is in his history? A joke vote, a throwaway case on Punt, and a whole bunch of white noise. He's the mafia equivalent of beige this game, and so if I can lynch the person I think is scummiest this game AND also get a handle on if I am the naive cop or a straight cop, that's going to not only clarify my sanity, it's also going to (hopefully) vindicate fiery. Remember, merk got scum on fiery and I got town. If wins flips scum, we'll know Punt was the naive cop.

It's the right move for today.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Oh good I missed posts while writing my novella.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah this was the post I missed the first time and hence my confusion. Everyone was quoting the one where you hadn't posted your result yet.

Maybe what's strange is that WWM got a result back at all.

Eh this will get me nowhere, going to stop thinking about it.

I think I told merk or put in the doc that it smelled like a trap, like one of Spoonsy or fiery was faking it, that's why I asked for rb flavor. I've been phone posting, and my phone does not like spreadsheets.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm pretty much on the same page as you. WWM has been giving me a scummy vibe and his opinions don't seem consistent. I disagree with you about Spoonsy though, the woe is me stuff is kind of what made me think he was more likely to be town. I don't see scum acting like that.

First time you've even mentioned me all game.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Just curious about these "inconsistent opinions" that are making me look so scummy. Since, again, you haven't said anything about me being scummy before.

And gamer seems to be your little cheerleader. Where are your pom-poms?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Either the dethy isn't a dethy, or Clarent-aligned doesn't return as TOWN and only shows up as TOWN to the Insane.

We discussed this in the mason group, it depends on when wins was recruited. Punt investigated wins n1, wins could have been investigated n2.

The worst part of all this is that we get nothing resolved in terms of figuring out sanity.

Also Amoeba, what is your role? Because clearly wins knew something about you, being a rolecop and all.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm going to keep believing in the Dethy because I like logic puzzles. I feel like the idea of a dethy with a traitor as a minigame fits nicely for Ecco and is a nice twist.

From that, if you guys recieve results as TOWN or SCUM. Then the Clarent-aligned is SCUM.
FV got a town result on town, Spoonsy got a town result on confirmed town. WWM got a town result on town. Merk is paraanoid. Punt had to be Insane.

And from there, Clarent-aligned recruited Quidnose. A recruiting SCUM faction, yeah that's a cult. Wins wasn't recruited so there are still two other recruits out there, so there is a minimum for 3 cultists about.

With 4 cops (1 being scum), 1 confirmed town, myself as town, that leaves 3/5 of:
100YrsofAttitude
choaslord
Hal Incandenza
Max
Quinquereme

as potential cultists art a minimum.

Am I being paranoid?

No, you're just wrong. We can't prove anything about sanities. We can't prove a cult would return as scum.

What do you mean, wins wasn't recruited?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm getting a little overwhelmed, but my gut says Quin and Hal are bad guys. Sad to say it.

Nice OMGUS.

I realize Quin was pinging me earlier, but I like his posting today.

You're right on with Hal, though.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

We discussed this in the mason group, it depends on when wins was recruited. Punt investigated wins n1, wins could have been investigated recruited n2.

The worst part of all this is that we get nothing resolved in terms of figuring out sanity.

Also Amoeba, what is your role? Because clearly wins knew something about you, being a rolecop and all.

ftfy

And now that I am catching up, no it sounds like that is not the case...

Hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

Player List:
  1. a worthy uhh 100YrsofAttitude Replaced in, has been active-ish, wins vote was kind of bandwagony, but I don't see the sort of waffly language and inconsistencies I'd expect from a scum. Likely town
  2. Amoeba102 Question your role, don't trust it, posting has also been more of you questioning people than actual scumhunting. Would vote.
  3. fiery_valkyrie Town cop, sanity unknown. Scum re: merk, town re: me, has been more active in the mason thread. More likely town, but if Spoonsy flips scum I will be suspicious
  4. Gamerofthegame Apparently a town mason twin thing? Questioned you earlier, still don't think your play has been great but apparently you're confirmed so w/e
  5. Hal Incandenza Do not trust, you've made little snipey joke posts all game with not a whole lot of content, you had a bandwagon vote on Walrus which is the exact thing I'd expect from a scum member. Would vote
  6. Max Lol are you kidding me, a "cult that wins with the town"? Yeah those don't exist, I won't vote you today but obviously if it's getting close to endgame I have no qualms about lynching you.
  7. merk Town paranoid cop
  8. Quinquereme Acting more townie lately, questioned earlier but I like some of the points you are making, and you bring up a good case on Amoeba
  9. Spoonsy Town cop, sanity unknown, of the 4 cops, the one I suspect is scum
  10. The Ninth Layer chaoslord Holy poo poo are you even in this game? Lurker, post a case or get yourself replaced.
  11. WHICH WAY MADNESS
Town cop, question naive?

Replacements:
- UP

:s:
Night 0: Somberbrero, Jocasta Vellus, Head Chef (town-aligned doctor), died.
Day 1: WalrusWhiskers, Constance, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 1: yuming, Aldonza, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. CCKeane, Sebastianus Aris, Sous Chef (town-aligned white mage), died. QuoProQuid, Jobert, Corrupt Groundskeeper (mafia-aligned dayvig), died.
Day 2: Squiggly, Julianus Bäte, Butler (town-aligned governor), executed.
Night 2: Puntification, Nathanael, Housekeeper (town-aligned cop), died. Quidnose, Bourde, Servant (Clarent-aligned ??), died.
Day 3: wins32767, Laurence, Elder Son (Clarent-aligned rolecop), executed.
Night 3: Nth Doctor, Auguste, Gamekeeper (town-aligned roleblocker), died. zzyzx, Semir, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died.

So that's where I'm at.

Town:
100yrs
Gamer
merk
Quinque
WWM

Scum:
Hal
Amoeba
Spoonsy

??: