Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

I've heard of these in myth and legend.

I am here for it. I have PMs.

Let's fukken roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

I'd be ambivalent.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

hello

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Such flavorful flavor.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

alright so the last two games i scumhunted with perfect accuracy

Imma try it again but I dunno even how many scum are gonna be around this time. Six?? What's the ratio for this poo poo I want to keep the streak

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

how does this help us

it doesn't help you, you're right.

scum.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Max posted:

No, I was talking about Gamer's "I'm here and ready to talk about how many scum may be in this game." statement, which I just kinda voted him for.

I think you're reaching to deep into it. The scumhunting bit was a joke, but I don't play games with twenty one people in it. What's the usual ratio for it?

Hence.

The post.

Now I could argue that "oh man the scum would be racing to put up (fake?) answers to make themselves seem helpful" right back but it was genuine curiosity. This is a big game!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Max posted:

I can totally see scum trying to throw scum team speculation out there to seem genuinely interested, especially since you gave an actual number.

On the flipside I asked this in Earthbound, too, so you know some precendant where this is a thing I like to do to get a decent idea of what I'm working with for the average game. It seems suspicious that you're taking a very vocal role in the discussion right now while trying to push this scum-tell on me to try and push away people's suspicions on you.

I agree with cckeane.

Max posted:

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

And this is just "nah he's just eager ignore him, rest of the game. Don't vote for me~"

##vote max

CCKeane posted:

Calling shenanigans, especially since other players had said this exact post with no ill effects.

Fast moving thread tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Hmm... re-reading.

Hm.

##unvote

CCKeane posted:

Oh okay, so you are being obstinate not to help the town, but because you are too proud to concede. Gotcha.

Why is it important for him to say the exact phrase? This is your only leading argument, which Quo immediately jumps on you with.

CCKeane posted:

Ahahaha scum post, how do you know Quid is town?

QuoProQuid posted:

Weird self-conscious post.

##vote: Max

And hasn't let up on.

Keane, why does the pedantic way he phrases the request matter and why are you so deadset on him being scum because of it, some ten posts in? That's awfully confident of you, and of Quo to saddle up with you. And Wins for that matter, later.

He asks you why and you lambast him for "rolefishing." Why does it matter? Do you think Max is scum because he phrased something differently?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Squint.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Well that took hardly any pressure for you to move your vote, now did it?

Doing my part of the gambit friend. :)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Oh, uh, me n' Nth are town. REPRESENTIN', LIE DETECTOR?!

the hell is this lie detector nonsense when has that been a thing

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Gonna have to look at the rest of your posts cause I can't recall you making too many

I was fine with your speculation post because it tends to be one of those "scum" tells where the person ends up being town, but the vote on the guy who called you on it just looks so very opportunistic

That's fair. Max read me as scummy in the tail end of the argument, trying to invalidate Keane and push the narrative towards other folks, like me! Rude. However, in re-reading it Max came across far more frustrated then anything else, with Keane pushing an angle that was weird to me and felt somewhat forced. Both feel kinda suspicious to me now for differing, yet the few that jumped on his dick (Quo!) seem a lot more scummy because they saddled up with Keane and push the vote with him for a quick D1.

Right now I'm ambivalent.

merk posted:

Can we go back to this post?

I don't see anything wrong with it. No more then the other people who commented on the back and forth between Max and Keane. What do you see?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Why does it matter was referencing his defensive insistence, not the rolefishing comment. I don't think what amounts to rolefishing can be helped in that sort of situation. "Do this specific thing!" "What, why." "ROLEFISHING!"

I also took Keane's push in the matter to stir up posting, getting people to bandwagon onto the argument that can then be scrutinized. Mostly because it was a dumb back and forth argument that wasn't going anywhere, yet people jumped along with it. Such as Quo! Or Wins. Hence, the gambit. The lie detector whatsit came later.

That's one read I got from the push, anyway. It still all felt really weird to me, but it's why after looking it all over I'm not voting for either of them anymore.

That's my beef.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

tbh that's just kinda how quid quids

Quinquereme posted:

Ok thanks for explaining :)

I agree with Keane's opinion that it was rolefishing though - to me, someone not rolefishing would be more like "No I won't say it, I don't want to possibly entrap myself thanks" rather than "No, I won't say it unless you explain why it would help town".

In retrospect I agree, but on the flipside this already happened and then lead to further needling.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

WalrusWhiskers posted:

A reminder, we need 11 votes for a lynch to happen. With the amount of lurkers and non-voters in this game, this might be an issue.

Yuming, zzyzx, fiery_valkerie, Squiggly, Nth Docter, a worthy uhh, Amoeba. Y'all need to come in this game to talk and vote!

Squint.

Until there's a deadline there's no reason to rush the vote. You're posting has been white noise at best and more awkward then mine and I'm bad D1. Then you just jump onto a vote with someone else and nudge people to vote to finish the day, all the while looking to the lurkers. That's p fukken scummy to me.

##vote WalrusWhiskers, I'm confident in this one.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Can you say why, gamer?

Pretty sure I just did. He looks scum. It's gut in a way, sure, but that post read scum more for me then Wins and Quo's similar posting, especially in conjunction with the rest of his posts.

unless you mean like rush the vote or something and that's because there isn't a deadline??? We can chat all day and get more weird posts, (like that one) there's no reason to light a fire under the thread's rear end to seal the deal. To me that reads like scum happy with how the votes are going and wanting to get to night.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

They aren't in conflict because you don't have to be 100% on or off board with someone. You have an argument against Max! There's sound points. They still think you come across as scummy regardless.

I dunno how this is difficult to say but you're just being pedantic at this point. And obnoxious, for that matter.

Pretend Max doesn't exist. It is a thought exercise. What do you think of the other people in this game who aren't Max? Like Walrus, for instance.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

CCKeane posted:

As to your second point:

Hey y'all, you can make your own goddamn cases and I'll follow a good one.

I guess everyone is just too awed by my case making powers to make one of their own.

You can do it, thread. I believe in you.

That isn't what I asked. In fact, it's completely different.

What are your thoughts on the other members of the game? I'll let you narrow it down to just the people with votes on them, if you'd like. But you have about three pages of this (spitballing) nine page game that are all about your thoughts on Max. Believe it or not, there have been some good cases out there! You must be missing them because you're just talking about Max. Heck, there's a case on me! Seems nice, has foot notes.

What are your thoughts on other people?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Gamer is playing a very different game from their game in Earthbound. They are asking a lot of questions and seems to want to be posting and asking questions without sticking their neck out. It is scummy.

small aside earthbound was the first game in several months for me

There isn't steak in this game yet.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I disagree with this, I don't think this reasoning is correct.

I have to agree, actually, that's kinda whack reasoning.

Mine still stands, tho

vote walrus

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Actually, Quid's was hammer... According to the last co-mod count anyway

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

I didn't check to see if there were repeats, so fair enough.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

We're at -1, it's fine.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

alright so the last two three games i scumhunted with perfect accuracy

:coffeepal:

(max and keane don't count!!!)

Now to eat.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Well, everyone who I thought was scum is dead now. I still have suspicions over Quidnose, but that's a lot of gut and not a lot of hard, quotable reads. Lot of random busing dialog tho. I'll look into it later.

That all said, I am going to appeal to lurkers here; we have a few posters in here who haven't been really part of the active discussion, even excluding the two replacements. Madness, Amoeba, Fiery and Spoonsy, who all didn't do much in D1 except pile in on Walrus near the end, if that.

zzyzx posted:

If I'm reading the votes correctly, Hal, merk, Gamer, and zzyzx all have the early votes before the momentum starts to pile on, so I think those people are likely talented and handsome townies. Especially the last one.

I agree. Everyone involved had their own, separate case in some way or another, so baring anything particularly egregious later I think we can safely assume they're town. Also I'm town, so go figure!

Why yuming, tho? She didn't do to much.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

I don't think scum would actually point out other scum doing that.

If anything I'd argue that makes FV safe.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

I think Quid is scum. I'll come up with a bodacious argument as to why later.

But I felt like that'd be good to share.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Quidnose is scum.

I have a twinge saying that Amoeba or Max are his buddies, but outside of minor suspicion I've got nothing really going for either of them.

Yuming and Keane were town.

D1, Quidnose is very stand offish and not interested through most of the days, loudly proclaiming that he isn't reading our trash. Now, this comes off on me in two ways; first, a scum is naturally going to want to be rather invested in the game, keeping an eye on things. They post as a result. Quid could have easily not posted, as most of the thread hadn't, but he felt the need to. This comes off as suspicious to me. Second, his proclamation meant he had backing of why he wasn't getting involved in the discussion, guarding him against allegations of basically being a lurker due to the thread being "annoying." Once again, scummy.

Quidnose posted:

Do I need to read this Max & Keane interchange, because this is insufferable.

Did Max eventually figure out / was he told that Keane is clearly setting up posts to be lie detected and that "Yeah, sure" won't work with a lie detector submission.

Quidnose posted:

I just went back to try and read it and yeah, I'm not reading that.

Someone fill me in on what that poo poo was.

Quidnose posted:

Can someone quote the weirdness with Gamer?

Is there anything else happening?

Can we get rid of both Keane AND Max today? :v:

Quidnose posted:

There was a big ole slapfight between Keane & Max that I haven't read. And I guess Gamer did something odd I also haven't read.

I'm playing Isaac and watching The Office, summer is nice~

Now, Quid is also the only one to engage Yuming in any meaningful matter, while Yuming didn't do anything this game. To say Yuming is a veteran is an understatement. Quid randomly voted Yuming after a weak vote, claimed it was a reaction test and then let it go. I feel as though he would have pushed a case onto her if she reacted differently. However, despite this it took him just shy of twenty four hours to unvote.

yuming posted:

Hi :sun:

##vote Quinquereme

Quidnose posted:

##vote yuming

Quidnose posted:

I was voting Yuming purely to see how she would react to it, and she reacted OK, I guess.

##unvote

I'm trying a new thing this game where I try to take it less seriously, I guess?

Now, basically the rest of Quid's posting is him engaging Keane over the Max-Keane dispute. Not quoting all of that.

Quidnose posted:

##vote Keane I just played on a scumteam with Keane and I feel like this sort of locked-on-don't-give-a-gently caress attitude is indicative of his scum game.

I think Quid was actually worried the reverse would happen, as Keane referenced the game in question in his casing on me. In fact, I don't really recall this sort of attitude from Keane in the Earthbound game, while Quid played relatively aloof as he is now.

He engaged Keane and tried to get him to look at the rest of the game, which he steadfast refused to. This went back and forth, with Quidnose throwing mud at him and discrediting. This could be seen as defending Max, but I don't think Quidnose would play that way. Instead, I think Keane was merely the easy target, which he was at the time.

Quidnose posted:

While this is currently true, I've never said "I REFUSE TO LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I AM PROVEN CORRECT OR INCORRECT."

If you would start scumhunting, I would potentially change my opinion of you. Until then, I will do my own scum hunting as soon as I finish this paper~

what scum hunting, friend

Another content avoidance post.

Quidnose posted:

Did Keane tell you he was going to lightly bus you in the scumdoc and thus you rushed over here to comment on it?

The start of his chain of busing comments.

Quidnose posted:

Because what I thought was you being earnest was, as far as I could tell from your actions now, you being obnoxious in order to excuse yourself from having to focus on anyone else D1. See me against GG in Earthboundfia, I did the same thing. Tunneling is an effective scumtactic.

And he's doing much the same here, even tunneling against Keane. But it's not like a scum would go out and say his tactic I mean that'd be dumb - Nah Quid totally would, just as a defense.

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, that Walrus post is incredibly awkward considering he has zero content. I can buy it.

##unvote

##vote Walrus

Quid only jumped on the Walrus train at the very end, when it was potentially hammer. Up to that point he completely ignored Walrus and all cases against him, solely focused on Keane and, to a lesser extent, myself.

Quidnose posted:

Nice catch, merk, UNLESS IT WAS A BUS

Quidnose posted:

This is a super weird jump to make and clear four people based on their being early votes. Scum could be bussing.

Lastly, Quidnose feeds into this bussing narrative, trying to discredit the Good and Wholesome Mafia players who took Walrus out as potentially being scum themselves and thus not being cleared for their efforts. This strikes me as extra suspicious, as bussing is actually a poor scum tactic; at the end of the game they have to have the majority of the vote, so removing scum means their game gets that much harder.

All Quidnose has done is dodge the need to post content and cases on other players, tunneled against easy-target Keane and then thrown around the idea of bussing.

Quidnose is scum.

##vote Quidnose

that's a lot of loving quotes

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Keep in mind this is Nth's first game. I imagine he'll be a little awkward, yeah, especially given the Max-Keane trainwreck that took up most of the day.

wins32767 posted:

I like the effort here, but I don't like the reasoning. It doesn't tell a cohesive story of why Quid is scum, it's listing some stuff Quid did viewed through a suspicious lens.

His entire posting history is, all together, a cohesive story. There are few posts without some agenda of pushing Keane, discrediting practically confirmed townies while dodging the need to do content himself. That's not like Quid, that's like scum Quid.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

That's a lot of poo poo I have to go back and quote.

gently caress mafia

Anyway.

Notice how Quidnose, relatively passive for most of the game outside of posting noise and non-content, suddenly starts going ham on cases with everyone and pushing big views after my effort post on him. To me that comes off as panic scumming, trying to push the vote off him by discrediting it bombastically, turning it around and then pushing everyone else for that matter. Not a hard tell, no, but it's more suspicious behavior in the pile.

Quidnose posted:

And w/r/t Yuming, I've played so many mafia games with her and almost all of them we've been on the same team (either town working hard together or scum flailing and failing). We also used to play League together fairly regularly for several months. I like to play with her, and I like to think I know her meta fairly well, although it has been a while. I literally voted her with no reason to see how she would react, because a lot of times it's no well. If she had "nooooo~~~ tilde tilde"'d at me I would have known to keep an eye on her.

It's simplifying the issue but I've seen her scum game and I know it well so I was testing the waters. Also what I said I was doing! Novel~

seems like added reason for scum team to hit yuming first, as suggested by scum Quid, while yuming wasn't really doing much D1. Or anything, really.

Quidnose posted:

Oh holy poo poo, Keane was killed last night? There is absolutely no way I would have done that as scum. That's a loving setup, man.

Keane was not killed by scum. By the ~~~flavor~~~ because I like making flavor arguments gently caress you naysayers, the conspirators are a bunch of normal folk who do normal conspiracy things. Yuming was stab, scum'd, Keane was immolated, a-arsonist?, while QPQ was... something'd. Not scumkilled, obviously. At a 21 person game I think it's a safe assumption to say that there's the scumkill, a 3p/SK kill and a town-vig kill.

Scum would know this and try to spin it as "whaaat no scum wouldn't do that, silly" to make them look better incidentally. Also, "oh whoa I didn't read the night post geez!" later seems really loving weird to me.

Quidnose posted:

It's odd that you jump to "me, as mafia, saying a 3p is setting me up" rather than "me, as town, feel the mafia is setting me up."

Did you 3p kill Yuming, Amoeba?

it isn't at all either

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So we're down two scum right? How many would a game this size have, 6 or so, not counting the possibility of multiple scum teams (a thing I've run into in ecco games) or third party?

With three nightkills I think it's a safe assumption to say there's either a third party or another nightkilling group. I don't think there is another scum team, tho, as the scum flipped as mafia-aligned and not some form of flavor-aligned.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

May have been mentioned but may not have been. Gamer's vote is the bussiest by far.

Merk's post came out of no where at the time and didn't actually anything but "hey look at this guy." I wanted him to embellish, as there wasn't really anything there in that post.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

These two posts from Gamer don't make sense to me. In the first he is asking Keane what the importance of the specific phrase is. In the second he is implying that he's in on whatever Keane is doing.

Gamer, can you explain this contradiction?

Sure, friend. I had an inkling that Keane was just trying to stir content and get poo poo rolling. Skimming through the argument, I felt that of the two Max looked worse (I'd re-read things and decide that both were equally meh and it had already peaked) so I voted him and let the day get rolling as part of the "get people posting and casing each other" gambit. At this point I do not think Max is particularly scummy.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

His one comment he makes about how he would vote Walrus contradicts his actions in his other posts where he tries to focus votes off Walrus.

Unsure. I don't think that's much of a argument - not to discredit your other points on him - as there was plenty of time to wait for Walrus to make a claim. Merk (or Max I forget, irrelevant) deciding to go "gently caress it let's go" could be considered weird as there was no reason not to wait. People pushing to rush and finish a vote is p scummy, so that reaction is null imo.

Max posted:

FV, how do you feel about Gamer in light of the fact that he was quite obviously the other bandwagon that the scum team was pushing.

weren't

you the one pushing me?

I still feel strongly against Quidnose. I will squint at Squiggly later, too.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

let's lynch quid guys

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Dudes thinking.

Dude should think more and come up with a vote, tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Quidnose posted:

This does not read like a response to someone you 100% think is scum, Gamer, what's up with that?

I'm not Keane, guy. I can be perfectly civil when you aren't the topic of discussion.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

wait missed what

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Oh wait, I see. He did make a vote.

That's fair.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

to be fair this seems to be a game of just discrediting everyone

including this post

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

I like confident men like merk.

I mean I am going to stay on Quid still but I'll jump when the time comes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

On the Squigly vote.

I mean I'd hammer as needed anyway but you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Squiggly posted:

And for people "analyzing" my posts it shouldn't have. If you're going to assign me a reason for something, and you can't show that it's consistent with other things of the same nature, how is that my fault? It's obvious that it's not of the same caliber or quality or really anything and yet I'm assigned a lovely reason: I must have forgotten. How about you all assume I'm a good player, and didn't forget THE RULES and it wasn't a real vote?

There's a literal post that says any vote finder counts are not actually real and yet that's what some people are using as justification.

Literally what the gently caress

• Locked thread