Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Girl power!

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quinquereme posted:

I'd like to try it out unless the Australian timezone makes playing difficult? Have PMs :)

It's not too bad from Australia, and worst case scenario we can just talk to each other.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Made me sta't thinking about post 'est'ictions. Sometimes the' wo'k out quite fun.

We should all just pick a couple of letters we cant type. As you can see from the sentence I just chose my letters are B and V.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It's ok everyone, Ecco just died in the game she is playing, so she'll have plenty of time to create role PM's now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

As they say in Latin, "Spero nos familiares mansuros, vos autem reum!"

#vote: a worthy uhh

google translate posted:

I hope we'll still be friends, but you are guilty of

Guilty of what? I must know!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Me too. Hi guys!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hmm... re-reading.

Hm.

##unvote

Why is it important for him to say the exact phrase? This is your only leading argument, which Quo immediately jumps on you with.

And hasn't let up on.

Keane, why does the pedantic way he phrases the request matter and why are you so deadset on him being scum because of it, some ten posts in? That's awfully confident of you, and of Quo to saddle up with you. And Wins for that matter, later.

He asks you why and you lambast him for "rolefishing." Why does it matter? Do you think Max is scum because he phrased something differently?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Doing my part of the gambit friend. :)

These two posts from Gamer don't make sense to me. In the first he is asking Keane what the importance of the specific phrase is. In the second he is implying that he's in on whatever Keane is doing.

Gamer, can you explain this contradiction?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Here yuming, it was this post, spoonsy's only real post of the game. It touches on the vote leaders but doesn't take an actual stance on them, votes no one, and is flanked by jokes/filler. Why bother with this post at all other than to seem engaged?

I agree with this post from Hal

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Squiggly posted:

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

Given Walrus' flip this post (which is a response to Gamer voting Walrus) looks really scummy. Squiggly provides no explanation of his reasoning and I don't see a town motivation in posting this way.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think this series of posts from Squiggly are very scummy.

Squiggly posted:

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

Squiggly posted:

Had to wait and check the time stamps but I'd vote walruswhiskers too. I'd already voted quoproquid by the time this post was made, which walruswhiskers would know if he was actually following the thread instead of uselessly posting to look busy

(When merk revotes walrus)

Squiggly posted:

Nice waiting scumbo

Squiggly posted:

We're waiting on a claim with over 24 hours left to deadline. Get over your ego and wait for a response from walrus you scummy bastards

His one comment he makes about how he would vote Walrus contradicts his actions in his other posts where he tries to focus votes off Walrus.

##vote Squiggly

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wins32767 posted:

Hey Val, you've been relatively quiet this game compared to the last several times I played with you. What's going on?

Hi wins. My mum was visiting for the weekend.

How are you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Squiggly posted:

I didn't like the post, correct. Didn't mean I actually wanted to vote him though. I feel like there's a difference between the two

Ok, so if you claim you were looking for a reaction, what are your conclusions?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

FV, how do you feel about Gamer in light of the fact that he was quite obviously the other bandwagon that the scum team was pushing.

I think he's very unlikely to be scum given the way QPQ was talking about him.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Squiggly posted:

I DONT JUMP OFF OF A VOTE ITS NT A REAL VOTE MY ONLY VOTE IS ON QUID STOP BEING SO loving DENSE

How is an outside observer supposed to tell the difference between a player making a fake vote and a player who forgot to unvote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

I like confident men like merk.

I mean I am going to stay on Quid still but I'll jump when the time comes.

Jump where?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

zzyzx posted:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to shoot, or at least roleblock, one of the mason-cops on n1?

None of us had claimed publicly at that point. I PM'd merk, but no one else claimed cop until D2 started.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

I am in a five person mason group with fiery_valkyrie, Spoonsy, and WWM. Puntification was in the mason group, but he just died. After n1, we all claimed Cops in the mason doc with varying descriptions of the role flavor-wise in our role PMs (i.e. one of our claims implies that this player is there to investigate the other servants, one is general, etc.).

The reason that I am claiming the mason group here now is because I believe the scum know of our group:
Last night, Spoonsy claims he was roleblocked, I was roleblocked, and Puntification was killed.

Here are our results so far:
code:

Night 1	        Night 2
fv	zzyzx - TOWN	NO CLAIM YET			
merk	FV - SCUM       RB			
spoonsy	gamer - TOWN	RB			
punt	wins - TOWN     Dead			
WWM	squiggly - TOWN	FV - TOWN			

I was roleblocked as well

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

zzyzx posted:

How and when did the claims happen? (Who started, what did they include, how did people react, so on.)

I claimed to Merk privately N1. He had said in the doc that if anyone was a cop to investigate zzyzx. I hadn't been paying attention D1 as my mum was in town, and given Merk's role in lynching Walrus I thought I could trust him. So I PM'd him and told him I was the cop and asked if he definitely wanted me to investigate. He said yes.

During the night WWM hinted in the doc that he was a cop. Merk and I talked about this briefly via PM and I said to him that with two cops I was concerned about our sanity.

Early D2 Merk outright asked WWM if he was a cop and WWM said yes and that he had a town result on Squiggly. Merk asked Punt and Spoonsy to claim, either in doc or via PM, as he had a theory about our mason group. Spoonsy PM'd him and then Punt claimed in doc that he was a cop and that cast doubt on WWM.

Spoonsy reacted with "are we all cops?" and I claimed in the doc as well. We spent a bunch of time discussing our sanity and how Ecco could be screwing with us (this was me, Punt and Spoonsy). Merk came back into the doc, said he was a cop as well and had a scum result on me. More discussion of sanity.

We then posted our N1 results, first me, then Spoonsy, then Merk, then WWM. (Punt wasn't in the doc much).

Then some more discussion about sanity, ignoring results for now, WWM talking about his mancrush on Sean Bean and thats pretty much it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

zzyzx posted:

Hinted how?

He said "zzyzx has flown under my radar but I can check him out"

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

That's the other thing - I'm not sure I buy all 3 claims of being roleblocked. 3 roleblockers seems incredibly excessive, even for a large game.

Did you 3 get any flavor to your blocks?

I am paranoid one of the three leaked the members of the mason group to the scum and is trying to set me up by being the only one able to get an investigation last night by saying they were roleblocked.

I posted my flavour in the doc.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

Actually, merk has to be paranoid, no way around it. Wwm correctly investigated squiggly, so one of the other town results actually nailed scum.

Merk could be insane, WWM could be naive. Anyone who is scum can correctly make a call on town. Maybe Ecco didn't use all four variants.

You're jumping to conclusions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I'm on my phone which doesn't like spreadsheets apparently.

I was throwing up in the toilet all night.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Out of zzyzx and wins, I think wins is scummier.

On D1 he mentions Walrus, in this post. He seems to be critical of Walrus, but he never mentions him again, never votes him (and has no vote down at day end).

wins32767 posted:

This vote is lazy reasoning. My vote was gut. There is a difference.

Then on D2 he comes into the thread and tries to make himself look good for the Walrus lynch.

wins32767 posted:

I can buy that level of skill from merk. Walrus twigged my gut a bit too, but it was just a hunch.

A lot of his posts dont express opinions on players or contribute to scum hunting, examples

wins32767 posted:

I like the effort here, but I don't like the reasoning. It doesn't tell a cohesive story of why Quid is scum, it's listing some stuff Quid did viewed through a suspicious lens.

wins32767 posted:

How is that different from normal zzyzx play?

And his case on Punt could apply to himself.

wins32767 posted:

So, my current thinking is that there are 3 killing roles so I'd wager the scum team is probably pretty small at this point. With two of their members already dead, they're likely to be really demoralized and lurking or frustrated. Based on punt's posts today, he's a pretty good candidate using those criteria.

##vote punt

##vote wins

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Looking at zzyzx he put a vote down on Walrus when he could have voted Gamer instead. Given QPQ's posting around Gamer (and his now confirmed town claim) I think a scum player in this situation would be far more likely to vote Gamer.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

FV, have you been more active in the mason doc? I know you had stuff going on but the fact that you have a grand total of zero helpful posts day 1 makes me really uncomfortable reading your opinions.

I posted a little in the doc D1. I've posted more in the doc than in the game I think.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

I'm more tempted to believe zz is scum than wins based on this logic (and no, it's not just because it's showing me to not be insane)

With that in mind, ##vote zzyzx

Spoonsy, why zzyzx over wins? Based on the sanity logic it is equally one of them. What about zzyzx's play makes you think it's him over wins?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba says he was a target for a kill but it missed and also there were 3 cops in the masonry roleblocked.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

As for why I feel zz over why, I don't have a specific reason. As I posed in the doc, we can always do both if zz flips town. I just feel zz's the better one to go first.

You don't have a specific reason, but zz is the better one to go with first?

What is your opinion on wins, outside of any cop related theories?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Play nice kids.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

Shower Thoughts (unless this was already thought of): Wins coming in to the thread and asking Ameoba to claim the night that they dodged a night kill makes me think Wins was responsible for said night kill that didn't happen for whatever reason.

The only thing that makes me hesitate about voting for Wins if that is the case is that I can't tell if the mauled to death or fire death would be more likely to be a vig (since I feel like one of the kills is the result of an eager town vig.)

This is a silly theory. Why would wins out himself as a killing role just to tell us that he wasn't able to kill Amoeba?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

This is true. And as I can't see the vote going a different way, for sanity's sake, ##unvote, ##vote wins

Does this mean you actually think wins is scum? I asked you for your opinion on him earlier and you never answered.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

He didn't? He just came in and demanded Amoeba claim, which is strange, and taken in the context of Amoeba absorbing the night kill, makes me think he either had some investigation that hit something strange (but he would surely claim that and not just gently caress off like he has) or more likely was wondering why the kill did happen. Can you think of a different reason to make that demand?

I can, but I dont want to get the thread off track. Sorry for bringing the subject up, lets just leave it there.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey Amoeba, wins clearly rolecopped you, so what did he learn?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm not sure I want to share. I think the dethy thing is getting too distracting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

If I was a cop in a normal game I wouldn't be saying anything until I had gotten a scum result on someone. I haven't gotten a scum result on anyone, dont know if I could trust it if I did, and am still not certain of my sanity.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gamer, did Nth roleblock any of the cops on N2?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

For whoever asked earlier, my theory was that wins was a scum tracker and saw Amoeba performing a kill.

As a role cop instead Amoeba could still easily be a SK. I'm not convinced by Amoeba claiming to not know what his powers were. It seems fairly obvious to me that wins learnt something about his role. Why would a rolecop be told more than the player themselves about their role?

Additionally, if Amoeba was the one performing the fireball kills, he would know that his action failed N2 and could claim it was targeted at him instead.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max, Hal, it just occurred to me. What did wins know about Amoeba?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

I'm going to go to the Wet Hot American Summer NYC premiere and in all likelihood a hammer is going to occur while I'm there. So with that in mind, ##vote Amoeba.

Wins saw something. Otherwise he wouldn't have outright asked for a claim, which we still haven't received, when he did. He flipped town-aligned. I want to see what he saw.

The day has barely even started. Why are you putting votes down on players because that is where the thread is going, instead of trying to hunt scum?

##vote Spoonsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

Is this view shared by the rest of the cop group?

I don't know. I'm ignoring the cop stuff and just trying to play mafia and that vote was scummy.

• Locked thread