Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Finally Ecco is running a game. I've been waiting forever for that to happen!

Love to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am somehow even more legitimately excited for this game than I was before. My excitement level is now 42.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Made me sta't thinking about post 'est'ictions. Sometimes the' wo'k out quite fun.

Didn't you have a keyboard with a bad "e" at one point?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm fine with whenever Ecco wants to start the game, no hurry at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My role PM says this is the game where I should listen to Quidnose.

So Quid, what's happening?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Say the phrase Max!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

Hi Hal, are you scum this game?

Nope, just good old vanilla town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Because the dude who made the post is scum.

I agree ##vote WalrusWhiskers

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose is a loquacious blowhard

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

oh balls i messed up the numbering on my footnotes

gooooooooooodddd daaaammmmmmnnnnnnn itttttt

Still, it's the effort that counts.

WW is coming across with a tone that feels forced and that post that merk quoted shows someone who wants to look like they are commenting on current events without really saying anything or taking a stance

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Do you think a scum player would persist so long in non-cooperation? Seems like he's drawing a lot of attention to himself.

It's certainly possible. If he did back down someone else (or maybe even you!) would come in here and point out how he backed down because he was scum who wasn't really invested in his argument or some such thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Quid, Keane is actually working on contributing more to the game now. What are you doing?

I feel like Keane's contributions are actually just a joke

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Keane reads better on page 14. Quidnose comes across as town. I'm mildly suspicious of Keane.

I don't have a strong conviction about any one player.

I'm going to ##unvote; ##vote Hal because I have a vague ~feeling~ about his posting and I want him to explain what he thinks of more players.

Other candidates for my mmm not sure vote: f_v for lack of content, Squiggly because his posts also give me a vague weird feeling. actually no in isolation his posts come across very town to me.

I'm sorry yuming my thoughts at this point don't stretch beyond Walrus and a little bit of Keane. I think I remember seeing a spoonsy post I didn't really like too, I can try and go back and find it if that would help you realize the error of your ways.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

Hey guys how was everyones weekend? Mine was cool. Didn't have to read a hundred or so posts about the same two people bickering.

First things first, ##unvote before my clear joke vote serves as the basis for anything.

I don't like the fact that Keane has refused to let up on Max for his refusal to post a sentence. To echo Quid, if Max were to be shot dead this instant and flip town, Keane will have contributed a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. And he's taken the time to fight back against everyone who has pointed this fact out, be it Quid, or merk, or anyone really, for continuing his hunt and remaining the sole (after my unvote) person on Max.

Walrus: Uncomfortable as to why anyone would try to push for people to quickly vote for a lynch D1 before the weekend, but not uncomfortable enough to put a vote down
Gamer: Dude don't speculate on game structure the second the game starts. That's unnecessary and weird

Also, Keane, are you willing to do a leg drop from the top of the third rope?

Here yuming, it was this post, spoonsy's only real post of the game. It touches on the vote leaders but doesn't take an actual stance on them, votes no one, and is flanked by jokes/filler. Why bother with this post at all other than to seem engaged?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

What do you mean?

I mean someone called him out for not scumhunting so he literally walked down the player list saying stuff like "this guys posts look good based on his timezone" and stuff like that. I guess it's unfair to categorize it all as a joke because they are probably real opinions but it has that feel of Keane poking fun at the idea of scumhunting and it isn't like he was making solid cases that he's actively pursuing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'd be ok with Squiggly but also Spoonsy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I demand some credit for walrus too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I tend to agree with Amoeba, coming in with that merk case isn't a play I would see from scum, and Quid's posting really isn't pinging me at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

Morning everyone (and Hal)

first, re my earlier post: Well yeah, it's to be engaged. I'm reflecting on the events between Friday afternoon and Sunday evening as I hadn't done much/anything with the game prior to that point. So yes, I'm going to reflect on the three major cases in terms of vote leaders going on at that moment.

Nth Doctor: Good catch on the WW posts. I will confess I didn't notice that, especially as he was interested and confused as to how the two posts landed simultaneously with an attempt to laugh it off.

I'm comfortable enough to put this here for the time being ##vote WalrusWhiskers. And yes, if there's a town flip, then all of our efforts will have been for naught CAUSE D1

(and no, Keane, I don't object to Merk)

Spoonsy's only other real post this game, checks in to say "well yeah, I did just post that to look like I was doing something" but still can't elaborate on anything or return to the people he cased earlier.

Ends with a weak vote on WW that he basically reserves the right to move elsewhere if a better vote (i.e. non-scum vote) comes along. Even his reasoning for the vote looks more like buddying up to Nth than actually analyzing anything about WW.

##vote Spoonsy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid is totally town

I like the case on Squiggly and he has (a bit) more content that Spoonsy to go on but I wish they would both post more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

let's lynch quid guys

Seriously though, i agree with... wins I think it was who said that your casing seems earnest and townie but your conclusion doesn't add up for me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

I've been feeling my way around these cases made for Spoonsy for the last day or so. Hal's is actually what appears to have made you pull the trigger, zzyzx, but so far: you two are the only two who have taken up this vote against Spoonsy.
And that appears to be largely because Spoonsy was a late-ish vote on Walrus that also showed some hesitancy to commit.

The interesting thing I find is you were also not fully making a vote against Spoonsy until Hal's post, zzyzx. To me that shows just as much of the scummy behavior you and Hal see in Spoonsy.

That's not a bad point. Zzyzx was a little over the top talking about how townie he was earlier too for his vote yesterday which came off as a little more forced than just a joke.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly is making me laugh. Laugh at how scummy he is!
##unvote
##vote Squiggly

Spoonsy is still a good vote too, but since he said he had real-life issues I'd rather give him a chance to contribute/replace.

Squiggly on the other hand has said plenty today and I really don't buy "oh that was an obvious joke" line about the one vote but even if it was he's spent way too much time on an awkward defense of himself and what little looking he has done for scum is pretty forced.

Quidnose is like the most frustrating town of all time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose stop voting merk that is dumb. Use your powers for something useful

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

merk, you know I love you but I could write a merk bot that would be indistinguishable from you given all the catchphrases you've built up.

merk, would you describe what wins is doing this game as "content lurking?"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello what a great weekend I had and what a great time I had catching up on this thread.

Actually I am a little sad I missed the dethy chat. I guess we can't really ASSUME it's a dethy but it does seem fair.

I agree with anyone who said three roleblocks is really weird, but it sounds like Amoeba so then it's just 2, right? That seems more believable.

Now that I know spoonsy was in a masonry and most of his mason buddies don't seem to think he's scummy I feel better about him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Spoonsy, why zzyzx over wins? Based on the sanity logic it is equally one of them. What about zzyzx's play makes you think it's him over wins?

A fair question. I think zzyzx is pretty suspicious for reasons I mentioned yesterday and he's been pretty quiet about actual scum other than pushing for spoonsy, but wins has been very low-key this game and so far his only post today is:

wins32767 posted:

Amoeba, please claim.

and then nothing. He needs to come back and talk more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I can't parse what you are saying.

Oh sorry let me try again.

I had a good weekend in real life and I liked reading this thread when I came back,

I like cracking setup spec so I wish I had been around when that was in full swing. There isn't enough evidence to say it is definitely a dethy setup in that masonry but that feels like it could be right.

When I was reading along there was some talk about three roleblocks, but then I got the idea that you know you absorbed a kill and that accounts for one of the roleblocks, but maybe I read that wrong?

I don't feel that spoonsy is as scummy as I did earlier in the game because now I know that he was also talking in a masonry and most of those people don't think he's too scummy (except zzyzx) and also the stuff he's posted in the thread today doesn't feel like scum.

That was about it, really I didn't say much of anything. Is that more parseable?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, this explains the line I had trouble getting.

Me absorbing a kill doesn't really connect with 3 of the cops getting roleblocked.

Yeah I just went back and looked again, so yeah, 3 cops being roleblocked is hard to believe.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Would 2 roleblocks be more believable? Considering that no one has come in sheepishly "sorry guys, yeah that was me on so and so, town roleblocker here", it's safe to assume any blocks were from anti-town sources. Two anti-town roleblockers seems just as unreasonable to me as three anti-town roleblockers.

Has everyone said who they targeted?

I don't think a town roleblocker would necessarily claim here but I get your point. Two is still more likely than 3, and three that all target cops is extra hard to believe because even if scum know who is in the cop masonry I doubt they would have the ability to roleblock three of them. I mean anything is possible but that just seems to stretch credulity too far so my tendency is to think at least one is lying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I was roleblocked as well

Ah this was the post I missed the first time and hence my confusion. Everyone was quoting the one where you hadn't posted your result yet.

Maybe what's strange is that WWM got a result back at all.

Eh this will get me nowhere, going to stop thinking about it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Thinking maybe a target wasn't targetable, ala a Jailer/Hider/Commuter.

Yeah that's a good point too. Too many variables.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Gut calls: wins more likely scum than zzyzx. Zzyzx's posting doesn't look bad to me and he looks to have put in genuine effort. Wins has really seemed to do much other than comment. Still want to see why he asked me to claim.
WWM looks like he's thinking about the game, but their summary dump on D1. I don't like Spoonsy going all woe is me over the game being set in France with the ~werid poo poo~ speculation. FV seems fine.

Of FV, Spoonsy, WWM I'd say: WWM>Spoonsy>FV.
zzyzx,wins :wins>zzyzx.

I'm pretty much on the same page as you. WWM has been giving me a scummy vibe and his opinions don't seem consistent. I disagree with you about Spoonsy though, the woe is me stuff is kind of what made me think he was more likely to be town. I don't see scum acting like that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was really hoping wins would post again, I am fine with voting him but I'll hold off since he's -2 now with some time to go.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

First time you've even mentioned me all game.

So?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

By that I mean, we can't win with scum.

Yes, this. Also as far as I can tell the faction has no killing power unless they have been lying to me, I can't talk to anyone except the recruiter directly so I have no idea.

##vote Amoeba Pretty sure this is the right thing to do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Oh, also, I don't think Amoeba is the werewolf. Granted, it's speculation on my part, but I think there's a much better explanation around. (Quote this post and laugh at me when I'm wrong)

You know who is bulletproof? Werewolves!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I'm sure the rest of the Clarent group is none too pleased with me.

Nah it's cool, I think you did the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

We have a short window to turn this around and not lose the game.

I wanna hear from non clarent people. I want someone who's not invested in selling the TOWN+ angle to analyse what I've been saying about it. FV, Gamer, Merk, WWM. Get in here and look at the facts. If I'm right about this, and then it'll be game over if I'm executed.

So you are feeling like WalrusWhiskers was just a mafia aligned goon all on his own and had no teammates?

• Locked thread